Reviews for Shattered
CasperxDaisyxRa chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
Awwww that was so sweet!
ebonypol chapter 2 . 11/22/2013
Loved this and brilliantly in character! Just what I was looking for! Short yet better than pretty much most DC fanfiction :D one of my favorites :) thanks for the read :D
Fi Suki Saki chapter 2 . 8/24/2013

#burst out tears

I knew Shinichi always in pain... But I'm an idiot for not noticing it sooner that he's this 'hurt'!

Gomennasai Shinichi...! (QAQ)

I hope for now, Yusaku and Yukiko can had more time with Shinichi/Conan...! Because even with so many friends, parents love is the most important!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I really liked the way you wrote how they were feeling, very powerful words. :)
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Nice Haibara. He really derived it. Wish Yukiko was there too, I wanna see her suffer for being one of the cause of Shinichi's sadness.
Willysfeather chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
I liked the fiction...Thank you for writing it ... Please carry on writing
CressidaRene chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
It's a shame that this story is so short, but it is very satisfying, all the same. It's understandable that normally, Shinichi tries to hide what he's been going through, so as not to burden others with his pain. But this was one time that his father needed to witness what his son has to suffer. It was very touching to see poor Shinichi break down and accept his father's comfort finally, and for Yusaku to finally see what horrors his son goes through on a regular basis, just trying to survive his cruel punishment.

Your idea about why his parents can't/haven't moved back home to be near their son is a really good point, that it most likely would draw the B.O.'s attention, but that just makes it worse. Poor Shinichi won't give up on his quest, and so he can't even be near his own parents for very long without putting them in danger. I really wish Aoyama-sensei would address this sometime, in the pages of his manga. I've often wondered why his parents haven't just snatched him up, against his will, and taken him out of the country for his own safety. Yes, he'd be upset about it, but at least he could be with his parents, and we'd get the sense that they do truly care about their son.
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
I really like your idea of Shinichi's father finally coming around for a visit at the right time-meaning, he needs to see what his son has been going through by himself all this time. It's just amazing to me that his parents haven't been more involved in what has happened to their son. I know that they offered to take him with them to America to get away from the danger of the Black org., but besides that, they don't seem to be too concerned with their only son's health and welfare all that much.

It was nice to see Haibara as concerned as she was, and that she decided to call Yusaku out on his negligence. I'd like to see her show her emotions at least once in awhile, and this story of yours is very fitting for her. She secretly values her connection with Shinichi, and could even see their similarities about being all alone in their situations. Her parents are dead, so she can't rely on them, but how much worse would it feel to be Shinichi, who's parents are alive, but not all that concerned about his problems? Good for Haibara, for speaking out.
Questionable Answers chapter 2 . 1/17/2012
awe! sad. good good
pearla chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
your story touched the feelling of me so wonderful and creative
nequam-tenshi chapter 2 . 7/19/2011
Words are finally said and all is good. A touching story.
catgirld86 chapter 2 . 4/19/2010
i like this. a nice..sort of nice...father and son moment. keep writing. 0 -
mewmewtokyo chapter 2 . 1/8/2010
Great... Love the fics 'bout friends and family. You've had prove Yusaku's great love to his son. Sometimes he's a bad parent though. I mean all the stuff leaving Shin-chan for... (how many years?). But he's a father after all... I rarely see any friends or family fics around too.

One of my favorites. But I prefer to add Yukiko in, too. Though she's... kinda childish... or maybe but sure she's a nice mother. Sometimes she doesn't look that bad. (Well, the 2nd reason I prefer to add the 'star' in because I'm Yukiko in my class's Conan play at school ... Cheese -!)
Topazled Hannah chapter 2 . 1/1/2010
Yusaku is a really hard PoV, because he doesn't really ever show up in the series. My impression of him is a little more serious than you portrayed him, at least on the outside; he's not a person I see crying easily.

A general tip: While words like "baka" are generally well known words, using Japanese in the middle of your story doesn't generally flow well. There are exceptions, such as Mother, Father, Brother, and other title/nick names, they just don't sound right translated into English. So, keep that in mind in future chapters.

Just occurred to me, Shinichi seems really effeminate. Still can't say exactly how, but he's... really girlly. At least to me.

Looking forward to the next chapter,

Jimmy Candlestick chapter 2 . 1/1/2010 know...i think i like this chapter better than the other one. :)