Reviews for Tough Luck
Sentury chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Shipping Hector/Farina since '09, holla!

This is the second story I've read by you about luck, AND THE SECOND ONE I LOVE. Farina is so cool, I like how she seems so, so determined to keep fighting, I just imagine her bloody and broken crawling to a lance. Powerful imagery, and the part where she says "Pain is temporary" is very fitting. She isn't one to give up, and I suspect she's face a tone of pain in her life.

Can't believe this only got 2 reviews, weird.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about her casually brushing aside Murphy's death, but maybe that's because you've built up their relationship in other fics so I'm more partial to her really, REALLY caring about him.

I love when you bring it full circle though with Hector saying, "tough luck." Oh Hec. And where he's like, "I know you don't need me but I'm going to help anyway." Cause clearly Farina does need him, she just can't admit it.

awesome job!
wombat123 chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
Loved it P. And I love HectorxFarina too!
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Cool! Farina is a pretty awesome character - as if an FE girl ISN'T - and it's also good to see a fic between her and Hector, especially with such subtlty. On the surface, the girl seems like a simple-minded mercenary with a love of gold, but she has a great depth of love for her sisters and fights for them as well - not to mention her charity with Dorcas in their Supports.

But I like how you've depicted her. She'll mourn Murphy, but only when she has time to feel helpless. She's determined to fulfill her contract to Hector, to PROVE that she's worth the high price he paid for her. She has a sense of vulnerability, but refuses to let it show. And her belief in luck, strangely enough, actually FEELS like her there. In some way, although I rarely think much about Farina, I somehow KNOW that you've done her character justice. I even like the bit with Hector - there's hints of possible romance in the future, but it doesn't go all mushy. Besides, we need to see the underrated pairings more often - you don't know how much I'd love to read an Eliwood/Fiora, getting away from all the Eli/Lyn and Wli/Ninian fics!

... really enjoyed this ficlet, small though it was.

gODSPEED!