Reviews for The Only Treasure AKA Reunion
Guest chapter 3 . 5/16/2013
I really enjoyed your story and hope to read some more- it does have a lot of potential:)
onezero chapter 4 . 7/16/2012
So this was written quite some time ago, but I hope you'll come up with a sequel. I'm excited by their reunion and Gabrielle's command of an army. You managed to rouse my curiosity about what is happening with all the wars, gods losing their powers and so on. What'll happen to Gabrielle? It is so interesting to me seeing Gabrielle as the hero instead of Xena, just that no one writes stories that way. Maybe Xena will take command again if you're doing a sequel, but I hope to see Gabrielle as the hero between the duo. Thank you for this.
Leonie1988 chapter 4 . 4/4/2012
Great story, but is Gabrielle going to walk again?

The end feels really forced :)

But very well written, thank you!
ivo1617 chapter 4 . 2/10/2012
This was another interesting post-FIN story. There is always a chance that Xena was fooled into dying and staying dead. Akemi is not exactly trustworthy. And also that ghost killer guy rubbed me the wrong way. He is supposed to be fighting this big, bad soul-eater who has sent an army to basically destroy a city and get a bunch of souls and all he can do is stand there and look angrily at Xena? What more important: being mad at Xena or preventing Yodoshi from adding to his collection of souls?

You brought up an interesting point about that big fire. Sure there being another fire seems like changing the facts from the show, but there was one big and obvious question that was left unanswered. If the fire that started while Xena was there was bad enough to kill 40,000 people, then how did Xena escape? I know that Xena is awesome and has many skills, but in her delirious and inebriated state it's not likely that she would have escaped. She was in the center of the city and she was barely responsive.

Despite watching the show as a whole a number of times and over-analyzing FIN, like many others fans have I presume, a new thought popped into my head while you brought up that scene. Xena was not anywhere near as upset after Gabrielle fell into that pit at the end of season 3. And it's worth mentioning that Gabrielle died being a hero in order to save Xena. But when she was gone it was actually Joxer who was drunk and incoherent.

The other such disturbing thing about FIN is that Xena just got up and traveled however many months from Greece to Japan upon simply hearing Akemi's name. It was AFTER arriving in Japan that she found out about Yodoshi and the 40,000 souls. This actually put a strange thought in my head. Maybe Xena likes women, but what if she does not like Gabrielle like that?

I have to admit that you have gotten me curious about this big time enemy that Gabrielle and everyone else is fighting. Who could be so bad to make Ares play nice with the likes of Gabrielle and Eli? Is the world coming to an end? I realize that this whole battle/war was not really supposed to be a part of the story, but after so many mentions, I can't help but wonder what Gabrielle has gotten herself into.

I think that Gabrielle's anger with Xena was unjustified. One day she is upset about Xena not including her in her plans and the next she is telling a bunch of people what to do while Xena is reduced to being a bystander. I realize that Xena just got there, but together means together. If Gabrielle is in this situation, then so is Xena. And Xena did not get to have any input even though she's probably the most qualified person to command an army.

I think you overdid the end a little bit. I doubt that Xena would ever settle down if she did not do it when she had a baby to raise that was being chased by a bunch of gods. Though in this case there are extenuating circumstances since she ought to take care of Gabrielle and going off and being a hero on her own just would not be the same.
Isabella Poulous chapter 4 . 5/30/2011
I like how you used Frantica bit according to wiki it was Gaul until about 1000years ago when a tribe named Franks took over.
ideasofmany chapter 4 . 8/4/2010
Very good Post FIN story. Very sweet, and very believable reunion scene. I like the fact Gabrielle senses Xena despite her sickness. Very touching to see that despite the possibility of Gabrielle not walking again, Xena reassures her that she will be there. The part where Xena says even her redemption doesn't matter made me tear up.
the mighty lu bu chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
wonderful chapter (haz was right about you, you are good)
Moiraine123 chapter 4 . 1/19/2010
Hmm Im thinking you continue on the Roman occupation, because that was what you were referring to... Great story I think it should be longer! :)
DarkMoroseXena chapter 4 . 1/4/2010
I really enjoy post FIN stories and this was no exception. It was good to see that Gabrielle developed into the leader we all knew she could be in Xena's absence. Xena, Ares & Aphrodite were also portrayed well.

I'm fascinated by the backdrop of the war and would love to see a prequel, never mind a sequel to fill in the blanks.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 4 . 1/3/2010
Beautiful ending really heart warming and nice, a great Post FIN fic.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 3 . 1/3/2010
Great chapter update really enjoyed the thoughts and feeling between each character.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
Great moment with Xena and Aphrodite and Eve. I love that Xena didn’t just walk out okay and be fine after coming back from the dead it adds a deeper realism that she had to sleep and recharge her batteries.
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I love that you just showed Akemi up for the pain in the arse that she truly is. I sort of loved the whole she lied to you and now she's busted. Great to see Eli back and Xena finally seeing the wood for the trees.
jelpy1 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Liking the story so far. Funny how even Ares is appalled at the fighting. I think the problem I always had with AFIN is that Akemi seemed to unworthy of Xena, yet Xena had no hesitation about abandoning Gabrielle for Akemi. It'll be interesting to see how Gabrielle reacts to Xena returning, especially now that Gabs has become used to leading and Xena is going to expect the bard to fall back into the sidekick mode.