Reviews for Understanding
joayla chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
That was really sweet I love daddy charlie and daddy Edward. so this was a really special moment with them both and it was nice for Charlie to share his wisdom with Edward even though he had probably heard snippits over the years. Loving you stuff love hope you had a good new year!
ES3 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
You are simply priceless.

I was dying with laughter at the part with the peacock feathers, imagining what Charlie must have been thinking. I get so used to thinking about vampire "mates," but to Charlie, it would be unspeakably weird :-).

Your stories of Renesmee and Edward have always been wonderful and this is no exception!
pixidancer22 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Aww, that was very cute) I liked the whole mating ritual thing that Charlie pictured. Nice job, and hope you had a nice anneversary.
ChieriAn9eL chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Loved it... cute Edward/Nessie moment at the end.. and it's very meaningful how Charlie comes to understand... it's all about perspective...
Eagleswings81 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Aww, that is so sweet. I loved it.
mad4hugh chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Sweet, little "slice of life" story for our much-loved Twlight characters.

I think you've really captured the father-of-the-bride feelings in such a lovely way. You've chown that it's a universal sentiment, not just about the supernatural element of the story, by giving us a peek into Charlie's feelings too.

Then I loved how Edward and Charlie talked/resolved the feelings about his leaving in NM, his feelings for Bella, etc.

Gosh, then the sweet dance with his daughter...well you left me smiling at the end of the story. So thank you for that!

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This story is sweet. I feel I should pick a favorite moment from the father-in-law/son-in-law interaction, but what I liked the best was Jake's comment to Bella! Happy anniversary!
purelyromantic chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Aw! Absolutely adorable! I love Edward- Nessie moments and this is so cute and nice and (insert synonymns) ) Knowing Edward Nessie's wedding is bound to have this effect on him. And I love Charlie's input on this. So Charlie to be understanding and get in a few punches at the same time. Go Charlie!

I loved the converstion beteween Edward and Charlie. I'm not going to say anything more about that. It. Was. Awesome. And the ending! I was a puddle on the ground!

Have you read Butterfly Kisses? It's on my Favourites list and is remarkably similar to this.

Hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,

Shavera
schzimmydalia chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
loved it but im confused does Charlie know about the Cullens?
SeanEmma4Evr chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Undeniably sugary sweet!

After reading another story yesterday, you've just put me over the edge - I'm going to have to see a dentist about this toothache, and have to blame all this sugary sweetness!

Lol, silliness aside, this was a sweet little drabble. I always enjoy your post-BD stories best and this didn't disappoint. I imagine Charlie would have had a few words for Edward on this day. Despite my prior assumptions, for I thought Charlie would perhaps rub it in a wee bit more, I think you summed this up perfectly.

Also, the peacock feathers were just funny.

Well done, darling!
noamg chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Charming and funny story
Essay33 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Happy Anniversary to you!

I simply adore your writing. Bits like this are sheer brilliance:

“I know now, why you left her,” Charlie suddenly interjected. I was stunned. His thoughts were just as intermittent as ever, but he usually couldn’t surprise me with something of that magnitude, especially while sitting right beside me. To be fair, I had been very distracted of late.

You captured Charlie, Edward, and their dynamic flawlessly right there. Everything about this piece shines, from the manner in which the characters speak, to Edward's attitude toward his "dog" son-in-law, to the beautiful but odd way Edward and Renesmee appear to Charlie at the very end.

Absolutely. Delightful.
icrodriguez chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
That was wonderfully sweet and put a big ol' smile on my face.

Thank you for that. And happy anniversary!
hippogriff-tamer chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
ebhg,

Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

This was so sweet and I love Charlie..think Edward and he can relate better since they both have daughters...in the end when Nessie jumped on Edward's lap that just made me smile!

Thank you for sharing this and look forward to seeing more stories from you!

HT
greysfanhp chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Cute, and congo rats on the anniversary... its nice to know there are Edwards out there.
81 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »