Reviews for Salvage and the Slow Path
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
This Meow! :3
SunChildRay chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Yes. Just "Yes" and " Thank you".
Arrancarzors chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Another stunning number! I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of these to read, senpai.
Extra Gone chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Oh wow. You are good at Kanji X Naoto fluff. Nice read once again!
Sepsis chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
Thank you so much for your message. (: Im not sure if I can read all your other stories about Persona today or in the next days.. Or if I will understand everything because I didnt play the games..

But I will try! :) I already watched some game parts on youtube and maybe I get to play the game in a few months.._ Then I will definitely read your stories again and understand more..;)

I think you wrote them wonderful here! How you describe their insecurity and why they act like they act, is perfect! :) I really can imagine them (from what I saw already on youtube and read) to act and think like that, I really enjoyed it. :)
heylalaa chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
another lovely oneshot. and it was about naoto and kanji. 3

loved the interaction her between kanji and naoto. they're just, erm, so sweet and cute. :3 and, the part where kanji told her taht he wanted her to stay, is squealed there.

really loved this. 3
Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I enjoy characters that feature this sort of dynamic, but what I dislike is how easy their relationships seem to be in stories.

Needless to say, I'm so glad that you wrote this! Because it exemplifies the ups and downs to a relationship that isn't predicated on similarities.

I love this image of Kanji being a boulder before Naoto, although Naoto does seem to be more of the proverbial rock in this scenario.

Good reactions from them both, I love how the set up allows for such interesting volley between these characters.

Excellent work. Thank you!
Smallbell chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Short and cute. Pure and simple. I like it. Just a short little fic, but it has a lot of depth. You really showed a lot of Naoto's emotions and past. Keep up the good work.
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
You really have a handle on this dynamic. Another wonderful one-shot that somehow fits in your larger continuity.
Resha04 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Wow...Such a sweet fanfic for the end of year

I've never thought that what Naoto feared was attachment, and that's why she never really had friends until she met Souji cs.

It's a good point there, and it's a good reason of why she didn't want to be close to anyone.

The part where Kanji kissed her? You made my jaw dropped there, XD.

And when Naoto told Kanji to tell her what he wanted her to do, it's so touching. Like, deep inside her heart, she actually wanted to be special to someone.

As expected, this is a really great fic! *applause*
lil-creator chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Oh my gosh. This, THIS is why I love you. Because somehow, in a creepy psychic way, you know when to make angsty fics just when I want one. You've captured my mood perfectly with this and I could care less it it's New Year, I'm gonna be sulky if I have to!

I agree with Rayless Night on everything. Me and Naoto share the same awful inability to throw away stuff. And the ability to make a heap of mess, despite trying to clear it out. Even Naoto herself knows that it's okay for her to stay in Inaba, there's this conflict in her. As if she hasn't forgiven herself over a petty mistake. And Kanji can't do a damn about it except wait for her, and maybe plan out what he has to say to her. I swear you struck a heartstring at the part where Naoto regretted looking up at him up until the end. And body language. When Naoto knew that she had to stop crying, because she knows that she won't be able to stop once she starts. The hugs. That was my favorite part. Gosh, it was magnificent. You nailed their personalities right on the dot, with accordance to the situation.

My brain is a jumbled mess, so even I'm not so clear on what I just said. (Alcohol. XP) I'll give this a second read once my head clears up some time. Keep up the most fabulous work.
Ainmosni chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
You have no idea how much this story made me smile! What an excellent story to open the new year with! I love your writing style. Everything stays consistently in character. You use things from the game (Naoto hates throwing things away, the hospital scene, etc) but you also form your own plots that focus more on character. I love it (have I said that enough yet?) Great work!

-Ainmosni
Cat Alex chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Aww... love this. I like the fact that the flashbacks don't try and explain every little detail of what occurred; that it's Naoto's brief flash of thinking back to what happened. A really cool touch.

Really well done emotional scenes and love the insight on Naoto. I like seeing this aspect of her, her vulnerability and why it came about.

The ending was so sweet! I'm brimming with the fluffiness!

On a more businesslike note (don't be afraid!), the use of brackets was interesting, but I think italics would have worked better as a kind of shift to past memories. It's more easily discerned by the reader's eye, making the transition clearer. That's just an opinion, and an aesthetic one at that, though. The content is top grade huggable awesomeness!
BonusParts chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This is really sweet! Yes, a little bit angsty, and endearingly fluffy, but I think it rings true for both characters in question.

I especially like the flashback to the kiss, and Naoto's reactions to it - "the next step they'd been crawling toward for months" is a great bit of prose, and very indicative of how cautious the two of them are about their feelings for each other.

It's quite interesting to read Naoto's thoughts as she tries to dissect their relationship and how it's changed and evolved over the past year and a half. (As I've said before, I don't always "get" Naoto.) It's also very interesting to see her shift from the bossy and almost coldly decisive person she is in the beginning (essentially just wanting to trash the memories she's accumulated), to the dependent and more emotionally raw person we see at the end (wanting Kanji to vocalize the decision for her, even though she's already made up her mind about it). Both are sides to her that are compelling, and you've done a great job of it here!

Very sweet and appropriately tempered for our little Detective Prince. :D
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
The story can probably be read in a lot of ways, but for me, it dovetails with the Shadow's line about wanting a place to stay. There's the more obvious bit with Kanji, but also Naoto's inability to throw things away seems to tie into that. She feels she has no home, but she has all these objects - anchors, maybe. And then, yeah, Kanji's one big awkwardly well-meaning anchor. Naoto might be too proud to give herself permission to stay, so she needs to hear it from another person.

Good body language towards the end, her clinging to his sweater; again, like the Shadow.

Great work capturing Naoto's voice - melancholy and cluttered with parentheticals. Great job with the latter, especially the "Rationalizing" one, where it's never outright said what happened, yet still very clear.

I like Kanji's two-line explanation after the kiss. I mean, what else is he going to say? "Please don't shoot me"?

Crit:

"over the last four years" - I was confused there, initially thinking she was 20 in this. So she's had the apartment since she was 13?

"but [he] also reorganized"

"People always-" Okay, I'm really torn on this crit. The fic's developed enough that the reader can speculate on what that line was going to end as. But I'm not sure if it actually needs to be more definite. Part of me says yes just for clarity, the other part thinks that having her finish the line would be overplaying it. In the end, I don't think you need to be change it, but it is a little jump in the story where the reader has to guess. So basically I spent a paragraph saying that you don't need to change anything. Totally on a roll here.

"that, [t]hat's how it is"