Reviews for Dear Mom
Leighta Greenleaf chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Very touching! The movie really left the audience hanging on as to what was going to happen with the humans who were staying on Pandora. Things just ended all "sunshine and daisies" for Jake, but what about the others? I hated that.

So... Thanks for writing this!
vanSnyder chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
yup, very good!

like Sothis has said, it adds a lot of emotional and ethical depth which was not shown in the movie (understandably, since the majority of the audience might not have any sense for deeper undercurrents of a storyline).
Sothis Star1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
I liked it; very insightful. The movie glossed over a lot of emotional complexity and moral ambiguity, and fics like yours help add some of it back.
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
I really liked the fic. You captured Norm's voice really well
Idhas chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Great! I love stories that explore characters other than Jake and Neytiri, and you've addressed an issue I wouldn't have thought of: writing home after the whole fiasco. I also like the depth you've put into Norm's relations with his family. Well done. :)
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Great one-shot.
extrekkie chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Aww. That's all I can say. I love Norm!
coolkitty154 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
aw that was sweet. i feel sorry for norm's mother... it must be hard for her. anyways, great story! :)
Bandbabe chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Go Norm! I admit, I didn't even consider that the scientists had families on Earth. I thought most of the military people probably didn't. I thought most people signed up for the journey because they didn't have any ties back home - but it makes a lot of sense that the scientists had entirely different motives. They really did sacrifice a lot. Great one shot!
Slightly Confused chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I rather liked this. Norm doesn't get the credit he deserves. But I'm confused. His Avatar was shot, yes. The pain of that is what kicked him out. But at the end. Wasn't he back in his Avatar supervising the humans leaving? I suppose if this is an AU then I can understand your story. As it stands, it was good up until the end. Then you lost me.
anders1972 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
You NEED to write her response to that letter!

Love it by the way:)

Thanks!
Kyrara chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
A very interesting look into a character we hardly had time to get to know.

And those bits about the situation back on earth were quite... insightful.
anonymous reader chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
that was good, very heartfelt and honest. how about a sequal where she reads it?
DaphAndMe chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Wow. Amazing. I almost cried... I never realized (while whatching the movie) how hard it must be, not only for Jake, but for Norm or Max, to leave their families back on Earth, knowing fully that they'd never see them again.

I guess that's the price of having your dreams
Ishtart chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Ok so I havent seen Avatar yet but this is yet another wonderful one shot. I was jumping up and down to see that you posted something new, your writing always makes me so happy luv. YAY! Great and well executed take on things and even made me laugh quite a bit "in the interests of interplanetary diplomacy, he erased that bit". Nothing like a good bit of inspiration.