Reviews for Resolutions
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
yes, some resolutions are meant to be broken, especially when made with incomplete or wrong information. Nice to hear from Charlie.
warblersalina chapter 1 . 3/17/2011
Your right ,some resolutions are meant to be broken.
Josie Shane chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
very goof thsnk you for sharing
Crismebella chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
Amen, especially ones made against what you truly want.
Virginia May chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Very well written, I almost forgot that I prefer first person past tense. ;-) I am not surprised as to the quality given your profession. Are you still looking to Beta?
ES3 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
This was heartbreaking and very beautiful, Essay. I loved the descriptions you chose for the velvet of Edward's voice and his "clever" fingers and promising forever. That was some lovely poetry!
Anne Maria chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
A toast to broken New Year resolutions.

You brought tears to my eyes. This is absolutely New Moon-ish, and New Moon always makes me cry. I liked your Charlie a lot, you should write some more about him.

This is one of my favorite New Moon fics :-)
Edward A. Masen chapter 1 . 2/12/2010
I just love this. You've accomplished so much with so few words. My favorite, I think, is Charlie's bit. His world is so infrequently explored in fanfic, and almost never thoughtfully. This, however, was pitch-perfect. So authentic, all of it. Thank you for a great read.
MsMayfly chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
This was great. It had me in tears by the end.
TheSingingGirl chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Very clever, that all three resolutions were broken. Obviously I connected best with Bella's section, so hers is the one I'm picking up on: it helps explain her abject refusal to accept that Edward was lying in the forest.

The other line I loved was: "He’d taken everything else, stolen it with his sweet breath, his cool, clever fingers, his velvet voice that promised forever." and the clause I love best is "his cool, clever fingers". There's more than a sense of coolness to that, it's cold. It's harsh. It's a cruel side of Edward that Bella isn't even thinking about, but still exists in her perception of him, now that he's betrayed her so thoroughly.

I can see why you like my stories. I really love this one.

TSG
persephonesfolly chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed the parallelism between Edward and Bella's resolutions. It captured the theme of New Moon precisely. Your inclusion of Charlie's POV - an underused character who deserves more attention - was a welcome bonus.

Write more please! It's hard to find quality fiction among all the dross on this website.

By the way, I agree whole heartedly with what you wrote on your profile page.
House Calls chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Nicely done! Again, not a "Twilight" fan, but I'm certainly enjoying your writing. :-) So be careful with any resolutions you make in that regard, please, as I'd be saddened to not have any of your prose to peruse. ;-) (Seriously, though - don't stop writing!)
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
This is an excellent idea, and I like your writing style- it's smooth and neither bland nor ornate. There were some things that troubled me a bit: Can people really hear their own heartbeats or just feel the pounding? Would Bella really vow to *forget*? I don't believe she thinks it's possible or even wants to. And where is Edward exactly? Because if he's "far from Bella" to the east, midnight would arrive earlier for him. Despite these concerns, this piece is perfect for today and I did enjoy it!
isabel08 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I love this. This is just so real and amaizing. Congrats. I truly love this. The idea and everything is amaizing. It is howit was supposed to be. And I liked the fact that you didn't write from Bella's nor Edward's perspective. The objectivity of the text enchants me. Congratulations and a Happy New Year!
findtheriver chapter 1 . 12/31/2009