Reviews for Empty
LouBelle04 chapter 4 . 8/5/2011
love the Roger Allam thing in there :P
Jazzola chapter 5 . 12/2/2010
What an amazing fic! I love it :D Brilliant journey you've taken them on there, really nice :D

You're a brilliant writer! Thank you for the wonderful fics :D

Jazzola :D
sense-of-the-theatrical chapter 5 . 10/12/2010
ROARRRRRRR

Thats lion talk for " I liked it a lot"

From the opening paragraph and all the way to the end.

It had just the right amount of angst and humour

with the most wonderfully witty and funny diaglogue.

From that creep Maddox, the poltergeist with size 11 shoes

trying to poison Alex

to the Pony sized rat that replaced the scary clown, freaking Alex out

to Miss Erika, Genes new love interest... so wonderfully described as miss lovin spoonful...

And an intruder? A dark figure lurking by the window

No way did I suspect it was Gene.

But I'm ridiculously pleased that it was. *snort*

And then Genes plans to leave Fenchurch?

That was a huge shock

But its all sweet because Alex is going with him'

Im pleased as punch the Gene Genies finally got his mojo back. Hugs and kisses to Miss Astrid for giving Alex the nudge she needed in regards to working things out with the manc lion. Clever woman that Astrid ;)

Adored the scene whereby Gene confesses his true feelings for Alex. It was just heartbreakingly beautiful.

Explaining how his love and burning desire to have her, completely overtook him.

And how finally the penny dropped for Alex.

Bravo for the introduction of Lion ointment... Made from the finest lions, good for bruises.

* & it only works if your quiet Bolly LMAO

(& obviously beats Tiger Balm by a country mile) LOL

He sat on the edge of the bed and took the lid off the tin; she caught a faint smell of furniture polish. 'What's in it?'

'Told you. Essence of lion. Now shush. Relax. Go to sleep.

omg... that line was pure genius.

"trust the Gene Genie!"
lisa1987 chapter 5 . 9/26/2010
just found this story and i love it. upset gene got new job away then glad alex will b joining him and there a couple
Eleantris chapter 5 . 3/27/2010
Hi, found this story on someone's favourites list and couldn't stop reading. It was simply brilliant and you got the balance between Galex and plot just perfect. The whole thing was amazingly written and the ending just blew me away. Fantastic story, loved it! X D
SarahBlackwood chapter 3 . 2/15/2010
did you have to rewatch those films before you wrote this chapter? :-)

I love the bull's um...bit part. It seems like something that would be in the show.

I found the concert part sweet. It doesn't seem very likely to me, Gene Hunt at a classical concert but you pull it off well so I bought it.

I loved the whisky part. Lovely! Did you try that whisky? I'd never heard of it either. And I'm a big single malt fan.

Damn that Gordon!
HeidiT chapter 5 . 2/7/2010
A great story!:)
theHuntgoeson chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
This chapter is so long and so rich that it practically counts as a story in itself! The Gene/Alex row, accelerating insult by insult, is brilliantly written (You should let Captain Birdseye know you’re available in case his electricity’s cut off. You could freeze an ocean full of cod with one look." - priceless! - by the way, the mad cow reference shows presience, as BSE wasn't discovered until 1986), and the sudden quiet as Gene reveals his true feelings is masterfully done. Nice to get more from Olive, definitely a charater with potential. Ray's peace offering is a nice touch, especially when we find out from Shaz who was really responsible and how it was done. Resolution and explanation on the Erica storyline at last! Alex's seduction, nearly ruined by wood glue, is a scream. And then Gene's confession, the barriers down, and then union at last. Wonderful! And his vulnerability when he fears that he has failed her, is so moving. Love the Avengers references (another TV couple with great UST), the suggestion about shaving Ray's moustache, the sound of the Lion ointment, and Gene's faintly chauvinistic suggestion that Alex can do his housework.

I must say that the news that Gene, and (we later find out) the rest of the team, are off to the North is a big shock. I really didn't think it was going to end like that. I know that Alex hasn't had much luck changing the past so far, but is there just a suggestion that her foreknowlege could help change Hillsborough? Do I espy a sequel here, once Storm is in the can? Especially as you've left it teasingly open that Alex could still be whisked back to 2008...

And, as ever, so many treasurable lines. Among my favourites: "as if the only thing between them was the North-South divide"; ‘Your face looks like a Dulux colour chart."; a kitchen chair sitting by the door as though it were waiting for its chance to escape the half-furnished house."; ‘I was allowing for three minutes of injury time.’; "You look like you’ve gone through the wash on a fast spin.’; "The butterflies were stampeding"; ‘Alternative dispute resolution. I’m looking for a win-win outcome here, Guv. I think we should set parameters. No interference, no third party influence. Head to head mediation.’; "hurling insults in all directions and mixing metaphors with abandon".

Enough - more from Lucida soon, please. My inbox hungers for new alerts.
Roxannaaaax chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
this was a truly fantastic story :D loved it all, well done ! x
GenGen24 chapter 5 . 2/2/2010
There is something about an arguement between the pair that makes them so great! I loved this short story LB, I loved it from start to finish.

Now finish Storm, please I'm missing it! x
scribblechacha chapter 5 . 2/2/2010
Aww lovely. Really lovely :)

S x
DeterminedStockings chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
How lovely! There are so many satisfying moments in this chapter but the one that made me really chuckle was Alex's seduction interrupted by a mouthful of sawdust and wood glue! Such a little detail but it was cute and real and a reflection of the hesitations and misunderstandings (and their resolution) of their relationship as you've painted it. And a cheer for good old Astrid! This story has been a real treat.
sash queen of the jungle chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
loved this story. it was a rocky road but i knew there would be fluffy galex at the end. its meant to happen. Thanks
sillygenie chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
Oh so much to love in a really wonderful concluding chapter. Alex raging - wanting to kick Gene when he was down, and the fantastic jaw-droppingly good argument - well if it wasn’t so tragic. I can just see the actors doing this proud. The Captain Birdseye line is up there with the greatest. Oh, and Alex as a mad cow trampling over his emotions. Had the worry that Alex would be torn between making Gene stay and having the deaths at Hillsborough on her conscience if she didn’t let him go - ‘cos of course it wouldn’t happen with him on the case, well actually I think she would be the one to stop it, and what a great what if…. Loved the making up at the end especially Alex’s terms of mediation - and the not skewering him in the vitals - obviously cos she had a use for them later. How great that they didn’t have the cliched perfect sex first time. The bones line was enough to reduce me to jelly, and then picturing Ray having his moustache shaved off. Then you introduce us to the lion ointment. I just want to get some. Each time I read it I see something else to marvel at and enjoy. This was fantastic!
Azuragal chapter 5 . 2/1/2010
OMG! I loved the whole fic from start to finish and Im now really sad its ended! x