Reviews for Minnesota Winter
bhoney chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This was a completely wonderful story. I'd just given someone a really similar prompt for a Christmas fic exchange, so it was like a second Christmas present to find this story.

Loved this: "“What can be worse?” Something happening to only one of us." Gah. Such a stark statement. And so true.

"For all that Dean teased him about chick flick moments it was Dean that was the touchy-feely one. Not him. Was a little different around his brother, ‘cause … it just was. But nobody else got away with touching him much. Just Dean. And Jess." Aw...

This cracked me up: "“Better be a gun.” “I wish. So I could shoot you.”" *snicker*

"“But what, Sam? Wish he had’na made a deal with the devil? Me, too.” “No Dean. I … I can’t wish that.”" Aww, I hope Dean remembers that later.

“You were little, too, Dean.” This broke my heart. The thought of a nine-year-old Dean trying to keep himself and Sammy from freezing to death. I can see why Sam says John makes it hard to love him. And Dean is always so sacrificial, putting his family before himself. Loved the little flash to the past.

And this was really poignant: "Should never have separated. Shouldn’t have let Dean go." It resonates on several levels.

Love the banter, the depth of feeling the boys have for each other, their desperation to keep the other safe. Love Dean's bit of confusion when he thinks their dad's alive and Sam's reaction. And I always love brotherly snuggles. I just wrote a hypothermia fic myself, so I know how hard it is to pull off while keeping the boys completely in-character, and you did a really impressive job with that.

This is just a wonderful, wonderful story. You did an amazing job with it, and I know I'll be reading it over and over. I'm favoriting it!
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Hey hon! What a little gem this is! I love how they sort of in denial about how serious their situation is but on a subconscious level they totally realize it and it comes out in the kind of things you only say at times like this.

It’s a lovely progression from the banter through to really emotional things and this really struck me: “Should never have separated. Shouldn’t have let Dean go” because he clearly isn’t referring just to the immediate situation.

And love how you go off on that little ‘gay’ tangent that underlines the fact they will always accept and love each other for who they are and not what they are or what they do – a little parallel to the ‘monster/freak’ theme and how staying together keeps them human?

xK
fantasdancer chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Gorgeous story - perfectly written and so true to character - well done
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Wonderful story.

I think you did a great job with the brothers and their voices. I could imagine Dean never wanting to tell anyone about this, even though it was just a night where the brothers fought to stay alive.

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Elric2007 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Nice! Good Job!
ViaVeritasVita chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
fluffy and cute.
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Very nice interaction between the brothers. I liked it a lot.

Great description of the freezing cold and the disorientation both boys felt. Makes me very glad I live somewhere warm. LOL
Sastiel chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Sandy! This story is wonderful! Its epic too! If this were, indeed an episode I would either die of laughter or cry myself to death

(if that is even possible)

I loved this so...Again wonderful job Sandy!
jensengirl4eva chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Man that was freaking awesome...
nexus432 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Nice!
Oasis Blackmore chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I got your message about your new, multi-chap fic, as well as the numerous updates in my inbox, but I haven't gotten around to sitting down and reading it. I want to do so when I have time because I know I won't want to stop once I get started. Meanwhile, you posted this, and since I love your writing, and the summary is awesome, I had to read ASAP.

Seriously, amazing. Since I'm currently freezing in my house, I could almost imagine how the boys felt, and that mental comparison was furthered greatly by your superb descriptions.

The best part, of course: cuddling Winchesters. Who DOESN'T love that? Hee hee.

Other than the plot and the awkward closeness, my favorite aspect of this story is the dialogue. You managed to capture the boys perfectly (not a surprise).

After reading this, I'm suddenly wishing I had a lot more time on my hands, so I could read "The Road to Detroit is Paved With Hell." Alas, New Year's is family time, which I guess is the moral of Supernatural, anyway.

So, great work, happy New Year, and I look forward reading more from you when I get the chance.

~ Oasis
Jesscar chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Not my usual Squee - Normally only go for Weechester - But I have to say I freaking loved this - Many Thanks for a terrific little story!
dreamlitnight chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Just lovely. Very nice flow, conversation and suspense. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year's Eve. *throws confetti* ;0)
Onari chapter 1 . 12/31/2009