Reviews for What a Year!
Reader101w chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Nice story,

Good work on the background and future specs, also the TV show was played of well (including the annoying comedian that just makes you want to give up on television altogether).

keep up the good writing,

reader101w
Mitchkpfan chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I'm back (for now). I've had delays (still do, actually).

Anyway, good story. Nice return of Jim and Tim's girlfriends. Good explaination of why Kim and Ron's wedding was safe from the public eye (and evil eyes). Interesting look at how the media sees Kim and Ron (and vica versa).

I wonder if Duke Duncan will cause any problems for Kim and Ron in the future. It's unlikely, but you never know.

Happy new decade!
Foxman2 chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Nice story, this universe of yours continues to grow and you are doing a excellent job, noce one shot

And oh, happy 2010
JCS1966 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Great little recap of what went on in the Fast Track timeline (minus that Time resetting business) and a neat snedup of those recap specials that appear at this time. Duncan really needs an attitude adjustment, and if he does make it big I may cancel my calbe subscription!

Glad to see the Tweebettes can handle Jim and Tim's antics.

And don't worry about Jupiter suddenly evolving into a sun.( I think the majority of Athur C. Clarke's "Odeysey" books may have been rendered moot by now, anyway.) It's just not gonna happen, just like "The Jetsons" and air cars. (Still PO'ed about THAT!)

Happy New Year, Waveform! Looking forward to what's next!
dbfox007 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
That's another great story! You're right, hopefully the monolith doesn't turn Jupiter into a second sun. Its kind of Ironic that they played that tonite on Turner Classic!

I look forward to more adventures of Kim and Ron in 2010!
MrDrP chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
This was A nicely-paced, funny one shot with some clever riffs on contemporary pop culture. Thanks for the fun start to the New Year!
Iknimaya chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Channeling Arthur C. Clarke, are we?

Anyway, Mayhaps we might see another chapter where that idiot comedian gets his just desserts? Not necessarily in the way of MMP, but perhaps just Karma.

Wonderful story, nice bit of sweetness to start the New Year right.
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 1/1/2010

Look forward to more

Ja ne

Jim
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
No save the world mission work here, just another entertaining glimpse at the extended KP Family that exists in the Fast Track Universe. Hope we get many more of them in 2010!
Katsumara chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Hey waveform! Fantastic work, good buddy! This was such a fun read.

First off, the tweebettes and the tweebs.. that was just great. I love how Stacy and Tracy really nailed them when they did that to Kim. Now they've got a pair of twins that torture them. Fun stuff for sure. :D

Then the bit with the whole exposition on Kim and Ron.. well it's nice some people show them proper respect. A shame certain others don't, and then still some can't remember poor Ron. Guess he's just destined to be in the background. I'm sure Kim is just fine with that.

Speaking of Kim being just fine with that... by the end of the story, it looks like they may be working on a certain something to put in the 'oven'. Okay, nah, but they are practicing.

One other thing... I loved Anne and James in this, along with Hana. You write her in such a cute manner.

Either way buddy, I hope you had happy holidays and have a Happy New Year. Catch ya on the flipside!
Shrike176 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Happy New Year!

Fun story, although I imagine after that comedians comments Kim and Ron won't be working much with that particular network. Fun seeing the Tweebs get a little payback for the pranks, a good new year all around. I enjoyed the visual of Rufus doing a dive into a popcorn bowl, I imagine a rodent swimming in the bowl would be a bit of a deterrent to other hungry family members.

Hope you keep it up in the New Year!
armydude chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I love the Fast Track series Dude. Keep it up.

And I grew up reading the books the reference you made came from. Roy Scheider was great as Heywood Flyod
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Back at ya Waveform.

Interesting take on how Kim and Ron are viewed in the popular world.

But they are stronger than that.

And loved the Tweebs getting theirs for setting their sister up like that.

CajunBear73
daccu65 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Well Waveform, it's nice to see another quick visit to the Fast Track Universe. I hope you put another multi-chap together someday. We're still wondering about the Tara/Josh sitch, not to mention Monique's love life.

Still, Happy New Year to you as well. I hadn't really thought about year 2010 until you made the monolith remark. "Oh my God, it's full of stars!)

Catch you later,

daccu65
Midgarosormr chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
I won't spoil it for the other readers, but that reference you made...very interesting series, that. :) Not my particular cup of literary tea though! :)

Is there going to be a follow up, showing that comedian creep up? :)

~