Reviews for Life’s Lessons: Better to Give
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 8/18/2014
Gah it's soooooo cute. This fluff is helping me through the cold I currently have, so thank you! :)
Louey06 chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
Awww! Dean is just the cutest thing ever. i loved it. You did a wonderful job!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Even as a small child, Dean was very generous.
Rowana1 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
EEK! That's adorable! I looooooove it! ;
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
This was special:-) And it is so true - it IS more blessed to give than to receive - there is nothing better than seeing the eyes of someone you love light up when they receive an act of love from you - be it a present, an act of service, a hug or a simple word of encouragement:)
Realhuntress chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
AW... how sweet!

And very much Dean. He's giving everything - including his life - for his brother.

And he started doing it at a very young age.
cravingcaffeine chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Oh, That was so adorable! I can imagine Sam looking up at his big brother like that. Yay to Dean for wanting to make his baby brother so happy, that he gave him his favorite toy. :)
BeckaBoo1735 chapter 1 . 1/17/2010
aw! that was cute! :D fank'oo for it!
Miyo86 chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
This was so very sweet! You write the Weechesters so tenderly- staying indepth, but not overcomplicating the emotions of a young boy. I can just see Dean making such a sacrifice out of love, while still remembering his mom. Truely touching, I can't say enough about this : )
Chouko Chango chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
aw. now that's just sugary sweet :)

such a cute story
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
AW! SO like Dean to want to make Sam's first Christmas that he would remember and appreciate so memorable as well as in an off-handed way give Sam the lesson of what true giving means. It's not the gift, but the act of giving that meant the most.

Fav. Parts:

So Dean’d had to give the kid the fire truck, because he knew how much Sammy loved it. He always wanted to play with it when Dean had it out. Dean only let him sometimes, because it was Dean’s favorite and it was special.

-*sigh! So wonderful!

Seeing how excited Sammy got over even the smallest present made Dean feel excited. It felt like he was getting a present, too, just by making Sammy so happy. And it made something in his chest get all soft and warm, like it used to when his mommy hugged him.

- WONDERFUL!

“Yeah, it’s my truck, Sammy. I want you t’ have it,” Dean had said, smiling down at the toddler, tousling his dark hair.

Sammy had looked dazzled as he’d held the small red fire truck in one hand, fist clenched tightly around it. Dean had pried his grip loose to show Sammy the different parts, the ladder and the people painted inside, feeling a little pang in his chest at the loss of the beloved toy and the thought that his mommy wouldn’t be there for Christmas again this year.

Sammy had listened to his big brother with wide, wondering eyes, then had said “Fank ’oo, De’n” in a shy voice that was nonetheless completely sincere. Then he threw his chubby little arms around his big brother’s neck and hugged him tight.

Dean felt the softness of Sammy’s fine baby curls tickle his cheek and the tightness in his chest from missing his mom eased just a little. As it did, he thought she had been right—it was better to give.

-I need to reach for kleenex now.

SO FANTASTIC!
marinawings chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I love this little story! It gave me chills and warm fuzzies put together. Once again, I love the way you've captured the personalities of Sam and Dean, even when they are so young. There are already hints in here of the men they will become. And I love that what Dean gives Sam is a firetruck. For one thing, it relates to the event that started it all-the fire. And also, to me at least, it symbolizes the way Dean is always putting out Sam's fires, always looking out for him. It's like Dean is Sam's own personal fireman... or something like that. I like the way you've shown Dean's propensity to be self-sacrificing, even as a child. Lovely story, wonderful characterization, adorable wee!chesters, heart-warming brotherly love. Favorite!
Katrin Van Helsing chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Sniff - Beautiful
Nascarfan14 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Oh, what a sweet little story. Thanks. I had a day where I should have stayed in bed and this brought a smile to my face to end my day on good note.
pocahontas chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
While it's true that some of life's lessons are hard on us, those same lessons seem to be the most memorable and best learned. It seems to me that little Sammy caught on that his big brother was doing something very meaningful by giving him his little red firetruck that Christmas. Not much gets by our Sammy!