Reviews for Lost in the Flood
tiamat100 chapter 1 . 9/4/2013
I don' really know what to say about this fic. I think it's a brilliant story, and incredibly sad, and unfortunately more true to life than most people would like. Thank you for writing it and sharing it.
Gretchen123 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Oooh! I love this! I'm so serious this was truly amazing! And I'm with you about songfics, I don't love them but I don't hate them.
Faith-o-saurus chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I really like this; it's nice to see the first reactions of the new team. Especially in a somber situation like that.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
To refresh my memory I pulled up "Lost in the Flood" on Youtube (God bless the interwebz!) and listened to it while reading your most excellent fic. As you mentioned in the pre-story notes, song-fics aren't really my thing as such, but can be striking when done well. This, my friend ... this is done well. That cop's comment about the Teaching Hospital was likely the most chilling thing in the story. That and Kori's dismay at the outcome and their probable career as crime-fighters.

This goes straight into Favorites. Also, I'm subscribing you as an author.
Squarehard chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
You recently left some very helpful reviews for my story 'In Distress', so I thought I'd check out one of your stories.

I really like the first paragraph with the comparison between the generations of cops and heroes.

It's probably a good idea to introduce the Titans as you're doing, but I've never bothered. I just assumed people who went out of their way to read Titan fanfiction are already familiar with the characters. Perhaps laziness on my part.

There's something a little weird in suggesting that Cyborg had never been treated well by police because he's black. It's probably a valid point in our world, but it's never addressed in any way on the show. Besides, I suspect they would notice that he's half-robot long before they realized he was black.

But I'm nitpicking. Sorry. *reads*

I like Raven's 'shooting' line. It fits and it's nice twist on the canon "Yes, Robin. More yelling will definetly stop all the yelling." line. Can't be more in-character than that.

I see my earlier nitpick is unfounded. This seems to be a gritty, 'real-world' look at the Titans.

It's kind of a neat thought that BB has been fighting crime longer than the rest. I supppose since he was a dopted by the Doom Patrol, that makes sense.

I'm unfamiliar with the song, but it seemed to fit well enough. This is a bit of a grittier take than I'd like, but I'm also a sucker for Titans mood and character pieces. The dialogue is spot on and I enjoyed reading.
kawaiigurl93 chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Wow! When you put it that way-the reasons why the Titans do things they do-it makes sense! I never realized how traumatizing ring superheroes can be, especially since the tv shows always how them winning and losing only to outstanding villans.

Also, I forget Beast Boy was a crime fighter as long as Robin had been. To think the show would have shown that.
allicat chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Why isn't this reviewed more? I LOVED IT!

Beautiful, brilliant take. Brava!
Arayllin chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I read it! )

It was interesting for sure - never seen this sort of approach on the Titans before. Originality rocks!

Keep it up!
paxmia chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
ooh. ur a Boss fan. lol.

nice. its sorta like a filler in he series where the guys learn about how robin copes.

i liked it!

Mia
The Great Leap of the Fall chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
I enjoyed seeing a one shot where it was a full team rather then a romance. I think you should a good early version of the Titans, I can see them doing this! Very well written!
JerseyGirl chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
a Springsteen inspired songfic (altho not really a songfic) is well, inspired! SUPERB!
Somewhere In Time chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Could've sworn I read & reviewed this. But I've been reading three week's worth of fanfics, so I'm not surprised I missed something.

My bet is that Robin has seen his share of gang wars and is not surprised, not much. But like Raven'd say, these deaths were pointless... but I recongnize that sometimes you just have to sit back.
Amethyst Turtle chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
A wonderful way of catching the nitty-gritty of hero life... writers glorify it so much with colorful puns and capitalized sound effects, sometimes I nearly forget about reality.

Sharks and Jets... heh, those are corny names.

I can't find anything much to say other than that, other than the overused "Great job!" Normally, I avoid songfics, but this one caught my attention and you pulled it off quite nicely without the song lyrics getting in the way.
ddproxcm chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
So yeah, this was pretty much great. Very very well written and honestly, it's a great tie-in. And thank thank thank you for not turning it into one of those stereotypical songfics where the whole entire chapter is the song lyrics with a few lines of narration - not that you would ever do that anyway, :)
robstar chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
incredibly poignant

you should write more like this

great, great story

one of the best one-shots/songfics written