Reviews for Juniper
silver chapter 1 . 2/19
Holy shit this is so good.. I had to read it twice to really understand everything and oh my god the eureka moment I had when I finally understood everything. Lovely. Very very beautiful.. you are amazing..
It's poetic, Draco Malfoy forgets on Christmas.
Yzabelle chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
Oh my gosh that was beautiful! :) and dramatic!
Jelliekins chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
This was absolutely beautiful. Like everyone else said, I had to reread to fully understand. I was reluctant to read it at first because it was a short one-shot (in most cases, these are really fluffy) but it exceeded my expectations and there is so much...substance in this that made me love it. I get the whole thing, but I did further research about the title. Why Juniper? A juniper tree is said to ward of evil spirits, and to be a symbol of healing and longevity. Maybe that's what Zabini was to Draco and Hermione. Well, what he thought of himself- that he would ward of the evil from either one. Temporarily, at least. In the end, he decided to heal them both of their own sufferings. Alright, I'm off to read the rest of your stories. xx
dramioneotp chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
this was kinda confusing. but it was still a great story
curlygrl0514 chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
Goodness. It took two read-throughs. It's brilliant and terribly sad and wonderful.
MGMalfoy0268 chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Well that flipping sucks. I hate you and this story was awesome so thanks for making me cry
FadingAshes chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
You are amazing. This story is amazing even if I don't really understand it. I'm sorry, but can you explain the story and the title to me? Thanks.
shep114 chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
I had to reread this, and now I think I get it, and I love it.
iluvb00ks chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
That was a wonderful tale, truly. You know, I used to be the kind of person that loved to read long, rich, almost meaty, stories. You know, the ones that were so full of detail and crazy plot twists and huge character development? But it's stories like this, short little snippets, that both fill you with a sense of awe and yet steal away your happiness at the same time, that I've come to love and enjoy. Especially in this story, it's not just about what you write and how you write it; it's about what you don't write that really counts. Anyway, I'm rambling. Just wanted to say that it was fantastic, keep doing what you're doing, and let all your avid readers know if you publish something outside of FFN, mkay? I know I'm not the only one who's dying to read more of your work :)
hisgirltuesday chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
I will admit that I finally understood Blaise's part in this with the help of reviews-but seriously, once I did, everything make sense. What what really captured me was the way you had with words-subtle, a little bit unclear but hauntingly beautiful.
I-KILL-BITCHES-FOR-LIVING chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
You're a genius. That's the only explanation; YOU. ARE. A. GENIUS. You should totally write a book, I don't care what it is, I'll read it. It could be a collection of short stories or even a series, I don't care. Please, for the sake of both my sanity and entertainment, keep writing.
lina chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Nice...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
I love the ambiguity of your stories. I like that one has to piece the puzzles together oneself, and that the missing pieces leave room for imagination. I'm sure you have no intention of doing so, but please don't read some of the comments and think you ought to change that; your writing is sublime.
kitcatscratch chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
I love your writing. You give enough hints and structure to your stories to really make your readers think, discuss, and debate. My two cents is that because of HG, Draco turned on his father and other Death Eaters (his journal entry apologizing to his father for his treason). I think his treason is what saved him from Azkaban but as he wasn't innocent during the war, his punishment was to be stripped of his powers (not his memory) to live as a muggle (knowing what he lost would be the punishment). I feel that having his memory of HG erased was probably a request to the Ministry by HG (or even Draco, who knows?). If by HG, I see it as an act of kindness, so he can at least have a chance to move on in some fashion in the muggle world. Blaise I see as an empty vessel. I have little to no pity for him. He read the journals and took on Draco's love as his own. He tried to BE Draco for HG. I think his attempt to kill Draco is both because he feels he is doing him a favor but also because he wants to take his place and he can't because Draco is starting to remember. He wants to sever the connection. The fact that Blaise is IN HG's apartment, making tea and waiting for her to come home points to a level of intimacy that well, is beyond friends. But she does not have any strong feelings for him (her description of his scent is less than flattering). His questioning HG about why she saved Draco from the fire actually has an underlying question. HG has obviously been to the bookstore, watching, many times. She knew he worked there, she went in that one time in hopes of coming into contact with him but the fire took place some time after that encounter. She would only know of the fire if she had been nearby. So that tells Blaise the feelings are on both sides. I think when Draco shows up at the end, she takes him up on his initial offer of disappearing somewhere and starting fresh (something he suggested in his journal at one time but she declined). What I find humorous in my morbid bones is that at the end, I feel Blaise took his own life. Leaves a note to say that he loved her. A note that no one will convey to HG which is justice because he never conveyed Draco's last words in the journal to HG (I would bet, well, something on that). Also because Blaise's love was not real but an afterimage of Draco's. Again, he was simply an empty vessel in my opinion grasping to be filled in some way. Hmm. Well. My 2 cents anyway!