Reviews for SOE: It's a Marvelous Life
Traitor of All Traitors chapter 1 . 1/20
Where has this been all my time on this site?
dragon-game chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Good story.

I hope you continue it.
Gundam Kaiser chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Mari used the internet to look up Norse mythological figures. So, logically, you could've done the same and researched Japanese deities. Off the top of my head, the strength of Susano'o and the wisdom/raw power of Amaterasu come to mind.

In keeping with the Captain Marvel mythos - and logic in general - it'd be great if Mari started acting a bit more childish from time to time.

Beyond that, it's an okay story, and I wouldn't mind another chapter.
Zoro50 chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
It looks like a good start to me. The only thing that really struck me is that things really felt a bit rushed, like you where in a hurry to get from scene to scene. Maybe take some time and develop some real dialogue. Also I agree with Mike's point about Mari really having the mind of a 10 year old, and probably not up to making pithy lines about honor and such right off the bat.

The good parts are that this a new character who gets very little screen time normaly. You've got some good background established as well. Keep up the good work.

Also I loled that you used the name Mari, its amazing that that name has stuck around the fandom all these years even though Touji's sister is never officially named.
NefCanuck chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
This one is interesting, seeing a member of the Marvel family that rarely gets the solo spotlight used with an EVA character who is likewise mostly unused in fics makes for an entertaining combo.

Only question I'm left with is how well "Riddari Marvel" is going to work as a character name. I mean I know *why* you went this route (Even Pen2 could figure out the connection if you went with Mary Marvel) but I can't help thinking that Lady Marvel might have been a better choice.

But boy, if Riddari Marvel starts paying any attention to Shinji, this could get even more entertaining indeed ;)
lolwut chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
"It would have been nice if you'd asked?"

I'm sure Hideaki Anno has been saying that for a while. LAWL
Rhys Davies chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Don't be discouraged by the lack of immediate reviews - this is a brilliantly written expansion to the SOE series, and an original take on the Mary (Mari?) Marvel mythology - looking forward to more of this cracking read!
Mike313 chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
You know, I'm not angry and I'm certainly not going to ask you to take this down, but I would have appreciated it if you'd asked first. I do find it flattering that people out there find the SOE fics good enough to imitate, but still, it would have been nice if you'd asked. I've never refused to let somebody write a spin off fic, and, to the best of my knowledge, neither has orionpax09 for that matter.

Anyway, this has a lot of potential. Toji's sister was the only female character who never got developed in the SOE stories. Even Hikari's sisters got a good bit of screen time.

Incidentally, I actually have plans for Nozomi and Kodama for when I finally get around to writing "SOE2: Elseworlds", so I'd prefer that you didn't power them up, if you had any plans to write more of these.

Mari strikes me as a little too mature here. Part of the fun of Captain Marvel is that he's this seemingly adult superhero who acts like a kid half the time. I would have liked it if she'd gone with the name Mari Marvel despite how obvious it might seem because, well, she's a kid and might not think it through that much. She could get away with it; there are probably plenty of people named Mari in the city, and nobody would suspect her of being the adult super heroine.

One more thing: Mari really shouldn't be able to change forms while indoors. At least, not without the lightning bolt doing a lot of damage in the process.