Reviews for Remember the Mat
Guest 2987 chapter 33 . 2/25/2015
(Cloaked Glydr speaking) So this is a pretty darn great piece of work. "I want you to know that I'm not turning away from the Kimmunity; I'll still be reading, reviewing, and dropping the occasional forum comment"...seems familiar. Anyone remember Ron's last saying as the Mad Dog? Daccu, you were correct about the OC's. Not that they totally distracted the reader, but they take the main focus away from the legit characters from the show. Speaking of the show, I saw you kept some traits from the show in your arc, but you also changed thing here and there. Great AU. So yeah. Amazing writer

Cloaked Glydr (my username if i ever create a FF account)
guest 2987 chapter 27 . 1/15/2015
If there is one word I would describe this story, it's "Connections."
Guest 8729 chapter 13 . 1/13/2015
DANG. Ed and SADI? Well, I wont hint anything but this was even weirder than in ur 3rd installment! Nice story overall so far
holydemon00 chapter 18 . 1/13/2013
The only thing Kim actually has to learn to be an adult, is how to file tax. Personally, I think she overestimated adulthood, considering her impossibly huge amount of responsibilities and activities.
holydemon00 chapter 17 . 1/12/2013
Uhm shouldn't DNAmy's ankle already heal? After all, she can practically rewrite her own genetic code, and grow limbs from nothing. Or is it an intended reminder of her loss?
holydemon00 chapter 13 . 1/12/2013
So Ed just cheated on his old car with SADI, which already belongs to another person? That's seriously not cool.
RicardianScholar Clark-Weasley chapter 11 . 10/13/2012
you know, no one needed that mental image of Duff Killigan in a thong XD
animeforever1 chapter 33 . 8/6/2011
After stepping away from KP fanfiction for a while. I returned and finished your now completed story. I'm a little disappointed that this is the last of "the mat" series. I do understand your reasoning. You did an amazing job with the series and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I hope to read some of your future works if you choose to write more.
Fayari chapter 33 . 4/25/2011
Aww, Dr. Director adopted the clones! That's so cute, almost poetic. Also, in my opinion, unethical (using the job for personal gain) and impractical (it was already expounded upon in the story that Dr. Director wouldn't be the best of mothers). But still, cute and poetic, and thus, in a literary sense, somewhat justified. No sarcasm. Really.

Also, kind of disappointing, the way Miss Go went about doing the stuff she did. There could have been something special, and hilarious, about an AmyXBarkin pairing, since it was hinted at during that one episode sometime in the second or third season.

The misplaced guilt fit into Ron's character, but I felt it descended into Wangst (annoying angst, not completely accurate, but that's the gist of it) a little bit. My family's been in a kidnapping/ransom situation before. The panic should be combated as much as possible, lest it consume you. The important thing was to focus on what you had to do from then on (cooperate with the police, recover the sister, beat the asshole with a can of Lysol), not what you should have done. That's something that Ron failed to realize... not that I can really fault him for that, of course.

I could literally feel the story running it's course, and can honestly say that the premise has done much the same. Also, the twists, parallel story lines, and wordplay I love so much have diminished in amount until they're barely there.

Onto the good parts, the criminal perspective you had provided all through out the saga sounds pretty spot on. Your stories, (yes, even the third and fourth... well, maybe not the fourth), brought an interesting, and particularly refreshing read because of the insight from the criminal characters like Trudy, Drakken, and Ellie, and Hendle.

The comedy with Oliver, SADI, Motor Ed, Vivian Porter, and Dr. Freeman was the single most hilarious side-story in your entire story. Hehe, and it got Team Possible horny, always a bonus.

The BonnieXDu pairing was an interesting side-story at first, and I've always been a closet fan of "forbidden romance" and "action spy" novels, so imagine my delight when you managed to integrate canon into the side-story using the Embarrassment Vortex plot line (thus, giving me a fairly big Easter egg, right on Easter Sunday).

The Vigilante Responsibility Talk is one of the best scenes in the story. The dig on racial discrimination, the examination of how the misplaced guilt affected relationships, the over-protectiveness that came with the aftermath of the ransom incident, and the opinion of a father who was looking out for his daughter's well being were all elements of the scene that really appealed to me. And the fact that it in the last chapter made sure that I would finish this story with a high note.

I just want to say that even though the saga had it's ups and downs, I truly enjoyed the ride. You and Joe Stoppinghem (I caught the fairly obvious tributary soda a few chapters back) made a great team, and hopefully, I get to read more collaborations between the two of you in the near future. Thank you for sharing this EPIC (and I really mean that) series.
Slipgate chapter 33 . 4/23/2011
I thought I'd be able to write some review encapsulating your 'Mat' series.

Life had other plans.

What can I really say in one review? We've had conversations about much of what I'd want to bring to mind again - like Kim and Ron's initial growing up phases in the firststory where Kim and Ron were forced to confront and start working on overcoming their personal shortcomings, or the interview in the second story that was probably 65-70% of my mental jumping off point for the first story I published to the site, or the way in which you showed by example that people should get themselves a little informed about whatever they're going to talk or write about (which to me included eventually learning a little bit about cheerleading itself).

The third story showed me some interesting stuff in Bonnie's growth as a person and Kim and Ron's confronting what may be next for them emotionally. It got a bit unusual with the college situation but it was interesting that even in the news game you showed that there's something to be learned beyond what one might assume, even if one is familiar with the news game already.

Some segments of some of the stories were a bit less interesting for me to read - like the sequences with the drug folks who knew Amy only as "Bigfoot" - and I don't think I can say I've really read the three chapters of the first story during which Eric was still a going concern. But there's a lot you accomplished here, some of which we've managed to talk about, and it is triumphant nonetheless to see you declare the arc closed especially since it wasn't closed without already having provided a lot for us. It could always be said that you could tell us more stories, but the idea of something ending prematurely in media, to me, focuses on whether it ended so early as to not give you much before it ran away. 167 chapters across several stories is not "not enough."

Congratulations on capping, to your satisfaction, a great deal of storytelling.
Fayari chapter 13 . 4/21/2011
Snort. EDXSADI. Well, I've seen weirder. Less of a surprise, really, compared to the WTF moment (which I will NOT specify for everybody's sake) in your third story. I knew that thing with Vivian Porter wouldn't be the end of the chain. After all, the woman built herself a boyfriend, so she was obviously not looking into another relationship.

Nice to see that your story tangents are funny and interesting again. I hope it keeps up for the rest of the story.
hollodizzle chapter 33 . 3/26/2011
All I can say is that this was a great story and that i will dearly miss reading the new chapters. You did a fantastic job Daccu and you should be commended for it.

P.S. Love the ending to the series.
TheLon3Wolf8986 chapter 33 . 3/26/2011
Daccu, I must say that throughout the years of reading your story, I truly enjoyed reading your story. I was original and very compelling and influenced me to start writing KP fanfiction myself. I'm glad and saddened to see a great story like yours end but I do hope to hear more from you in the future. Keep up the great work, and I tip my hat off to you...

Your an inspiration to a lot of us.

TheLon3wolf8986
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 32 . 3/26/2011
I just had to read again your prologue to Back to the Mat.

Yea, it was a while since I read it and had to re-familiarize myself with it.

What a wonderful future you planned for the characters.

Nicely done.

Also, now you have 299 reviews for this story.
Reader101w chapter 33 . 3/26/2011
Great story, and an excellent end to the great arc you have written.

I like how you resolved everything such that there is still some left to the reader's imagination.

I can understand why the story grew stale on you, but at the same time I have to say that it didn't grew stale or bad on me for one moment. I enjoyed the arc a lot.

Keep up the good writing,

reader101w