Reviews for Something Wicked This Way Steeles
scaramouche24 chapter 16 . 3/21/2013
i want more, an end to roselli and his revenge i never liked tony either and i always imagined what it would be like if remi and laura had a couple of kids who perhaps have much of their dad's "skills" :)
scaramouche24 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
i'm enjoying this story i just wish parts 1,2, 5,6, and 7 were on here so i could fill in the gaps :)
LauraHolt80 chapter 16 . 5/28/2012
You have a great talent for writing! You capture those two characters amazingly! I see all of their quirks as you describe them in the acting of Stephanie and Pierce. You bring those two to life on paper, where you can delve into how they feel and think. And they potray those exact things on screen. How awesome! And I am totally excited about where you have taken their personal life. Woo hoo!
lorieWA chapter 16 . 6/12/2011
Yikes... I sure hope you finish up DoppelSteele soon! I usually do not read stories until they are finished as I hate the suspense so I'm holding off starting that one. But you've created a very compelling universe for the Steeles. Love the emotions you've wrung from the two of them.

And I especially love that you've allowed them to stay true to each other and fight their battles together; it is a very disheartening trend in popular fiction that marriage cannot work.

Fantastic plot - looking forward to "The Rat" getting what's coming to him at the end!
K chapter 16 . 1/29/2011

Thanks so much for this awesome series! Fantastic stories, great writing, and spot-on characterization keep us all coming back for more. Keep up the great work.

rx9872 chapter 16 . 1/20/2011
This is THE MOST AWESOME series I have ever read! I swear, this is fantastic. The drama, the mystery, the intricacies of all the overlapping storylines... it's mind-numbing. Again I say, if you were writing for the RS series, they would have won Emmy after Emmy and STILL be on the air. You have taken the characters along the most natural progression they could take and bonded them into the team and couple, two halves of a whole, inseperable, that there were meant to be. I can't wait to see how you repair the damage Roselli has done. To paraphrase my favorite pseudo-detective, "I'm not going anywhere, Madeleine, and I hope you've come up with something quick to get him out of this one."
summersidefolly chapter 16 . 12/21/2010
Extremely well written. You're a master at putting words together to create drama and suspense. A bit too serious and intense for quintessential Steele, but that's the great thing about fan fiction. You can focus on and develop the elements of the series that you like best. Look forward to reading more of your work.
Brigit O'Shaugnessy chapter 16 . 12/1/2010
I for one, would be hugely disappointed if you did not continue. I always enjoy your stories and read whenever I see something new. While the quality of Remington Steele fanfiction is noticeably higher that that of many others, you are at the top. You capture character voice extremely well, which is no easy task when they are not your own characters. Your plots are believable and you keep the characters in a consistent emotional state with what they were in the original series (i.e. not emasculating Remington by turning him into a blubbering fool who talks about his feelings every five seconds). This is my first time reviewing any story on this site, and I thought it would only be appropriate to start with yours. Please continue! :)
liv26 chapter 16 . 11/15/2010
I have enjoyed all your stories, you have that rare ability to really find the 'voice' of the characters. You did a beautiful job of conveying their feelings while staying true to the original series' characters, especially in this last chapter. Please don't let us hanging out there too long.
MaggieBWriter chapter 16 . 11/14/2010
Of course you must write and post the next part of the story. I truly enjoy reading your writings and have enjoyed this story even when I had trouble following some of the characters and their relationships to each other. More than anything, I want to see the situation with Remington, Laura, and Roselli resolved. I hope you will continue to write and finish this story. Amazing writing as always. Keep up the great work.
monica88 chapter 16 . 11/13/2010
Wow...hate to admit it, but you've made Roselli as a perfect villain. He is smart, calculated, patient but very cruel indeed. Bold move he'd made coming out as Remington Steele, since he is a wanted man for killing Gladys Lynch in "Steele in Law".

As for your questions, you know my answer to those questions. As soon as I thought that your stories can't get any better then it already is, you'd proved me wrong again and again.

Love how you introduced the new character, David Flannery. Also, thank you for bringing Murphy Michaels' character to the series. It would be very interesting to see how he'd react to the Steele's crisis.

So MG, congratulations on finishing the SWTWS. What a remarkable job you've done for the past 11 months. I, personally, would like to thank you for all your hard work in making these wonderful stories. Can't wait for the next one...
GentleReader chapter 16 . 11/13/2010

I can only echo gilmoraddict's eloquent review...we RS fans are so fortunate that you share your talents with us, though please know we will follow you to the bookstore shelves whenever your work appears! Which hopefully answers your first question.

As for your dear, please don't even consider stopping now (unless, of course, your original muse is calling, in which case we'll be happy to wait)! I know you have a plan for DoppelSteele already, and can't wait to see how Roselli gets his just (and, with luck, appropriately agonizing) desserts!
gilmoradict chapter 16 . 11/13/2010
Ms. Gilbert, As usual when I finish reading a chapter in your ongoing saga of Laura and Steele, I find myself at a loss for words. What you have brought to readers over the course of many, many months is a story so far beyond the typical fan fiction offering, once again I am humbled by the choice you have made to share your considerable talents with the fans of Remington Steele. You fortunately, seem never at a loss for words. Well written, thoughtful, daring and evocative words.

Laura and Steele are once again in flight, faced with another fierce struggle for their agency, their freedom, for their lives together. While tempted to collapse in despair at the continued volley of threats to our friends the Steeles, we take courage from Laura, from her love and faith for and in Steele, and in his love for her. Surely insuperable, even if not safely the Steeles.

Thank you for the glimmer of hope that they do not fight this threat alone: Good friends like Billie, Murphy, Fred, and Doris will help them. Speaking of Doris, what has happened to her in the face of Tony's treachery? Help, as well, from a shared enemy of Tony's. We look forward to your continued devotion to this tale - while you should really be working on original characters and mysteries - your passion for the Steele's story never fails to entertain and delight.
Redlisted chapter 16 . 11/12/2010

That was fantastic. I can't wait for the next part. Please write on, you are such a flawless writer, it is a pleasure to read your work.

As always, I'm Steele Besotted...
lauraholtPI chapter 16 . 11/12/2010
I love it! Please I need more!