Reviews for A Tale of Roses
flutegirl17 chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
I just wanted to let you know, that this is the second time I've read this story, and it still makes my eyes water. It is amazing, and I love it. :)
angelicka chapter 2 . 2/18/2011
This is a beautifully written piece. Sad and sweet and evocative, and yet heart-warming and full of hope with the promise of a close and meaningful friendship for the two of them in their final years. I was left with both a smile and a tear. Very well done indeed.
Rocklover91 chapter 2 . 12/21/2010
Oh wow. This was absolutely amazing. I was torn between smiling and crying through the entire thing. Glad she came back to give him another chance. I loved this!
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 7/1/2010
How beautiful-I'm so glad she's staying. At least for now-her children and grandchildren will call her back, of course, and she will have to go.

Still, Snape will have her companionship for what little time she can stay.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Once again, Snape sacrifices everything for a word of love. How little he must have had in his life to give everything for a few brief moments. How sad that his love will never be returned.
Pieredae's Muse chapter 2 . 3/8/2010
Such a beautiful story! It is so rare to find a story in which these characters have reached an age where all their perceived notions are firmly buried in the past, and where they have gained such insights. Thank you for sharing this with us readers! take care- Req
neener.will.quit chapter 2 . 2/14/2010
beautiful story.

noname chapter 2 . 2/12/2010
Hi Lady Memory,

this is a really sensible and sweet story!

ippogrifo chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
What a touching story!

You have succeeded in creating a compelling and moving tale despite the difficult but brave choice concerning the age of the characters.

There is a deep knowledge of the human psychology in general and you write about this melancholic last years of Hermione and Severus with great love, respect and elegance of sentiments.

Even if it’s sad to think at their waste of time, it’s very comforting that they have caught the chance to take the most from what they still have in future.

Thanks a lot for your great work.
misundersnape chapter 2 . 1/8/2010
Aw, sweet.

He was afraid to want her to stay because he thought he had nothing left to offer. Even now he is still feeling that his existence and presence should be due only to someone else's need from him; what he can do for them.

Hermione even said he is enough, but even now I wonder if he really 'gets' that.

It would be nice if the man found a peace deep inside himself... as lovely as another's reassurances are, true fulfillment comes from within...

He is old enough now that he should have worked that out on his own... what a pity most of his life since the war has kept him from learning such important things about life and himself.

Great job!

megumisakura chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
update soon,please!
misundersnape chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Oh wow! Brilliant chapter!

So much happened, but of course my favourite thing... Severus survived!

So much pain and anguish, for all of them though... it is sad. I hope Severus changes his mind and visits Hermione in the next chapter... (which I might not have time to read right now - it is late)

emi chapter 2 . 1/6/2010
fantastic story :)
duj chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
The house and gardens radiate a quiet stillness that is almost peace, but not quite because of the plangency of regret and loneliness. Animal companions are better than no companions; one can talk to them, at least. But they cannot talk back. It will be difficult for him to re-accustom himself to conversation and compromises. She'd better be prepared to make allowances again and again.
Dipi chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
that was really very sweet ending to a bittersweet tale. good job done. as i said in my earlier review, it really makes me think of my own old days, whenever they come.
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »