Reviews for A Tale of Roses
attyfan chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
A very beautiful story.
tearsofphoenix chapter 2 . 1/2/2010
If the first chapter showed how an older age can soften harshness and sharpen the wish to settle unfinished things, in this second we see that, despite the aging, old habits die hard, and luckily she has regained her stubborness, because he still is so unsure about the possibility of friendship, to him, even if it is offered with sincerity.

Reading the first chapter, overwhelmed by the emotions that you elicited, I forgot to say how I've loved this Severus that is so craving for a true affection, for respect, and yet able to offer it, and then to give everything he has, risking his life one more time, to protect and heal.

Now the second part of the story opens telling us that Hermione's wasn't just a dream - even if a dream like that could have given great peace, to her, and heal her remorse, perhaps.

The feeling of serenity goes on, with your beautiful, lively description of the house that I like very much.

The black rose that he gave to her, and then the roses that are dying remind to me the tale of Beauty and the Beast, in a fascinating way so that one of the most moving parts of the dialogue in the garden is just, again, a magic metaphor:

"“My roses must die, as all earthly creatures do,” he murmured. “But, someday, new roses will grow in their place. And perhaps I will live to see them bloom again…”

Yes, he will, and their final embrace encloses all the frailty and the tenderness of that late blooming and hope.

Grazie, è vero: "la felicità è una piccola cosa" ed anche una grande cosa, come il tuo regalo di questa splendida storia.
NoahIrene chapter 2 . 1/2/2010

Please Continue!
Dipi chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
a very touching story. very well written. i wonder would it be similar for all of us ... would we be reminiscing our youthful past like this?
duj chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
He really was that alone - and that self-sacrificing. Her life of mingled disappointments and joys seems very real. Some powerful lines and images here. For me, the one that resonates most strongly is "And there I live now, alone amongst the many other existences that surround me: animals and plants, peaceful creatures that do not accuse, do not command and do not hurt just for the pleasure of it, as humans do. And there ... and there I cultivate roses..."
Visitkarte chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I loved this so much, I even recomended it to somebody who never reads HP-FF. Beautiful!
NoahIrene chapter 1 . 1/1/2010

tearsofphoenix chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Thank you for this wonderful gift!

I'm overwhelmed by your kind words, but above all astonished by the beauty of this tale, and by the fact that it holds so many among the things that I love in these kind of stories.

"How does it feel to be missed?" you say, and surely Snape *is* missed and every time someone, like you, here, succeedes in giving him a new life is a joy.

I love the way in which you have written Hermione at the end of her life, and her wish to remember, the way she revisits all her past and youth. The way she appears at the beginning of this story is touching, the feelings that it evokes are splendid.

Time passes, and our memories are what *make* us, and what alows us to go on living, despite the tears that come so often, together with them, into our visions.

The end of this chapter is heartbreaking, the healing scene that you have written powerful and moving, and I'm very happy to know that you'll send the next chapter so soon, because now that Severus knows to have been missed I hope to see him discovering what means to be accepted and loved.

The title of this story promises beauty, and the black roses are a beautiful metaphor wich gives to this fan fiction the flavour of a fairy tale...

Thank you from the heart for your magnificent gift, my friend, I couldn't have thought of a better one to begin greatly this new year :))
HarryGrangerDumbledoreSnapeFan chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
OMG! I love this story! I almost cried my heart was like pounding! PLEASE UPDATE! this is amazing! can not wait for more!
graynavarre chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
That was so good. But I want a "happily ever after."
40 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3