Reviews for Dear Isabella
Lillybellis chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
I don't have anything witty or deep to say here (not that I have before now), but I absolutely love the way the meeting of the parents progressed. You did a good job of painting Edward as the asshole, even though, I'm sure if they were in any other setting, the tables would've been turned.

I love this story. Thank you for writing it (and to McSmirkle for making you).

P.S. - Dear WTVOC,

People who drink red are evil, nasty, mean people who have horrible taste in fictional football players and write sad stories.

Bo, red drinking slores.

And by bo I mean yay. But I still don't like you.
Lillybellis chapter 3 . 1/16/2010
Wow, who thought a chapter featuring mentions of masturbation and seminal fluid would be so sweet?

I adore the emotions you've painted as Bella first realizes that she's in love with Edward. I don't know about other people's experiences, but I think this is a pretty accurate portrayal of realizing that you just want to be with someone, and you want them to know all about you - even the weird stuff that you're afraid they won't like. And the visual of her on the elevator after she'd told him was perfect.

Thank you for writing.

P.S. - Dear WTVOC,

I'm writing a cracfic for you which features one Matty Saracen's grandmother going on a murderous rampage. One of her victims is a Mr. Tim Riggins. I'm going to post it for you on a day which has great sentimental meaning to you, just to bring you down.
dazzledtina chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
great chapter.
Lillybellis chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
“I was always the big spoon.” God, that’s so cute I can’t even stand it.

I've known people like Bella before, and they drive me up the wall to the point that it's impossible not to love them. So, obviously I'm an Edward. And if I were THIS Edward, my heart would be broken, too.

I love this story. Thank you for writing.

David Boreanaz is ugly.
Lillybellis chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Okay, so...right now I'm glad you guys update this at a time during the day that makes it impossible to review (although I do not appreciate being harassed, WTVOC - you'll get what's coming to you), because now I have to go back and re-read, and knowing what I know now, everything is more striking.

I love the way you paint Isabella as the flighty, flaky one, and yet she's the person in their relationship who has the pragmatic view toward love. Edward, so focused and involved in work, is the one who believes that they just...are, and he doesn't question it.

Thank you for writing.

P.S. - Dear WTVOC,

Are you happy now? ARE YOU?
mycrookedsmile chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
I love how this is unfolding. can't wait for more bits and pieces of the past and the present.
MissRe chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
Hey - I checked out the website... it looks good. I like to read and review here though because I get my alerts and that makes my life a little easier. I do like your site a lot though. This chapter was so sad. Edward can throw out the Bella pile, but he'll still have the pain in his heart. Awesome job.
romanysue chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
I am just loving this. So different. X
b3j02 chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
I love this story and have been reading at a Different Forest. I am so glad the next chapter is getting posted there tomorrow! Have a great Saturday!
katinki chapter 3 . 1/13/2010
Oh bloody hell, she's dead, isn't she? I already want to cry. And I don't freaking cry. You lure me in with NO and Edward and now, sigh.

- Visuals... delightful, vivid, moving

- Bella's flighty, wonderful character. In some ways she reminds me of the gypsy-like Bella in Mr. Horrible. I loved her as I'm starting to love yours.

- Edward. Ever the all-business, serious and brooding. I want to hug him even more. His grief is touching and... awful.

- I'm starting to get the hang of the story telling, the style I mean. Interesting and intriguing. I'm sure you are going to hurt me, in fact I know it. But I want to take the ride. Will need alcohol by the time I go home.

katinki chapter 2 . 1/13/2010
More NO! Excellent. Now I'm very excited about a story taking place in one of my favorite places.

So, have you been to Mardi Gras? Yeah, it is everything people say and more. I'm going back this year for the weekend before Fat Tuesday - I love the Sunday all day parades (esp Thoth) :) I ramble. Enough about me, on to you.

- The disjointed telling in both time/perspective/media of the story definitely keeps one on her does, no? The beginning was disconcerting as I tried in vain to really figure out where it all fit in. I'm looking forward to this falling into place. In the meantime, I have these lovely images in my head. Like it.

- What did I say about images? Ah, yes! You ladies paint lovely pictures! The silver streaks - nice touch.

- Again with the tone and mood. Your story makes me want to sigh. I immediately want to take the characters and hug them or something. Edward's grief/anger is... pitiable. I feel for him. Your letters convey his emotion quite well, despite the brevity. Word choice is a wonderful thing, eh?

- Sometimes flashbacks are annoying. But not in this case. I like where you are going. Again with the details - the dixie cups, the tap shoes, etc. You are weaving a tale full of complexities and richness. I like. I definitely want to read more.

- Your characters. How fun is it to see opposites coming together? Such fire! But as we all know... that works two ways.

Fascinating and very interesting fic. Thanks for sharing.

katinki chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Sigh... already I can tell this fic will make me very sad. "Do I read?" I ask myself. "But of course", I respond.

Thoughts:

- Intriguiging start. Sucked me right in with the letter. Ok, what truly got me was all the references to NO. I lived there for a time so the little tidbits about ghosts and daiquiris and cemetaries literally called to me.

- Tone. What a sad, melancholy tone! My mood immediately dropped from merely bored to 'wah'. Excellent. I love it when a story can physically effect me.

- Bella's response to Edward. How fatalistic. Or maybe realistic. IDK. We'll just have to see.

- Writing is well done, easy to read. Emotions come through loud and clear. I love the little extras you throw in. They aren't story essential but they add to the richness of the story (ie the boxing or the mood ring description of his eyes).

Ok, on to ch2! Thanks for writing :)

MmmBuhBuh chapter 3 . 1/12/2010
wow...i mean...wow...idk what to call it or how to describe it, but i LIKE it. it reminds me of that movie a love song for bobby long, not that the stories are similar cuz they are totally different, but if i imagine like a movie, it would be made the same...but yea i really like it

whats up with bella, does she has a short attention span or something?
weisyloveslemons chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
this story is so haunting. It makes me sad but I can't stay away.
ninirific chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
God this story hurts. I've confirmed my masochistic tendency when I'm needing next update so I can feel this delicious hurt again.
512 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 .. Last Next »