|Reviews for Dear Isabella|
| b3j02 chapter 4 . 1/16/2010
I love this story and have been reading at a Different Forest. I am so glad the next chapter is getting posted there tomorrow! Have a great Saturday!
| katinki chapter 3 . 1/13/2010
Oh bloody hell, she's dead, isn't she? I already want to cry. And I don't freaking cry. You lure me in with NO and Edward and now, sigh.
- Visuals... delightful, vivid, moving
- Bella's flighty, wonderful character. In some ways she reminds me of the gypsy-like Bella in Mr. Horrible. I loved her as I'm starting to love yours.
- Edward. Ever the all-business, serious and brooding. I want to hug him even more. His grief is touching and... awful.
- I'm starting to get the hang of the story telling, the style I mean. Interesting and intriguing. I'm sure you are going to hurt me, in fact I know it. But I want to take the ride. Will need alcohol by the time I go home.
| katinki chapter 2 . 1/13/2010
More NO! Excellent. Now I'm very excited about a story taking place in one of my favorite places.
So, have you been to Mardi Gras? Yeah, it is everything people say and more. I'm going back this year for the weekend before Fat Tuesday - I love the Sunday all day parades (esp Thoth) :) I ramble. Enough about me, on to you.
- The disjointed telling in both time/perspective/media of the story definitely keeps one on her does, no? The beginning was disconcerting as I tried in vain to really figure out where it all fit in. I'm looking forward to this falling into place. In the meantime, I have these lovely images in my head. Like it.
- What did I say about images? Ah, yes! You ladies paint lovely pictures! The silver streaks - nice touch.
- Again with the tone and mood. Your story makes me want to sigh. I immediately want to take the characters and hug them or something. Edward's grief/anger is... pitiable. I feel for him. Your letters convey his emotion quite well, despite the brevity. Word choice is a wonderful thing, eh?
- Sometimes flashbacks are annoying. But not in this case. I like where you are going. Again with the details - the dixie cups, the tap shoes, etc. You are weaving a tale full of complexities and richness. I like. I definitely want to read more.
- Your characters. How fun is it to see opposites coming together? Such fire! But as we all know... that works two ways.
Fascinating and very interesting fic. Thanks for sharing.
| katinki chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Sigh... already I can tell this fic will make me very sad. "Do I read?" I ask myself. "But of course", I respond.
- Intriguiging start. Sucked me right in with the letter. Ok, what truly got me was all the references to NO. I lived there for a time so the little tidbits about ghosts and daiquiris and cemetaries literally called to me.
- Tone. What a sad, melancholy tone! My mood immediately dropped from merely bored to 'wah'. Excellent. I love it when a story can physically effect me.
- Bella's response to Edward. How fatalistic. Or maybe realistic. IDK. We'll just have to see.
- Writing is well done, easy to read. Emotions come through loud and clear. I love the little extras you throw in. They aren't story essential but they add to the richness of the story (ie the boxing or the mood ring description of his eyes).
Ok, on to ch2! Thanks for writing :)
| MmmBuhBuh chapter 3 . 1/12/2010
wow...i mean...wow...idk what to call it or how to describe it, but i LIKE it. it reminds me of that movie a love song for bobby long, not that the stories are similar cuz they are totally different, but if i imagine like a movie, it would be made the same...but yea i really like it
whats up with bella, does she has a short attention span or something?
| weisyloveslemons chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
this story is so haunting. It makes me sad but I can't stay away.
| ninirific chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
God this story hurts. I've confirmed my masochistic tendency when I'm needing next update so I can feel this delicious hurt again.
| jennayg123 chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
Such a sad chapter! I'm dying to find out what happened to make them unhappy because the flashbacks definitely suggest that they were really happy!
| xoHunnyxBunnyxo chapter 3 . 1/11/2010
Wow yeah I just stumpled on this story. I dont know what to say but keep on writing you guys are doing a good job
| banshee69 chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
I think I'm confused here, lol.
Bella left Edward, he's tormented over it. But why did she leave? Did she leave him for Jasper? And why is she following him around or spying on Edward? That's a little creepy.
None the less, I'm still intrigued with this story.
| Raven Jadewolfe chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
She's driving him insane
| Edlovesme chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
although I love how this story is written I find my self teary eyed. It's sad. I can't wait to see how this pans out.
| angeljax chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
holy heck...whats this other website I want to read more already ehehhe
| shaz308 chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
Is Bella dead? Just seems like he's writing to a ghost and is feeling haunted. Looking forward to your next chapter but
I will look at your new website too. Thanks.I just don't like the porn advertising that pops up everytime I log on. I know advertising in important to keep a site going though.
| mbpunbearable chapter 3 . 1/9/2010
Wow, ok this story confuses me profoundly! Right now I'm thinking Bella is dead and a ghost? What do I know! I'm still very intrigued.