Reviews for What is Essential is Invisible to the Eye
Wow! I've read all 200 Chapters. Finally!
And I do love this story. And the end!
It's great! Good work!
bookworm134 chapter 200 . 9/14
A few weeks ago, I had just finished Doctor Who and Torchwood, and I came on here just browsing. All I wanted was to find some good Janto smutt and I find this beautiful masterpiece! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this retelling. So much of it was new to me cause of the skilful way you added in the novels and radio stories that I hadn't got to yet. I love the creative way you brought Ianto back. I'm guessing this was written before series 4, but because it was 200 chapters long I assumed it was the full run. I thought you were going to have Jack give Ianto his blood not a virus remedy. That was cool. Loved Alonso also. Such a great character, glad I got to see more from him.

Going to go find more of your stuff to read. I hope they're is a season 4 retelling :)

Keep up the great work!
I'm overjoyed that you took the opportunity and celebrated the chapter number appropriately.
xbrittniex3 chapter 200 . 8/5
I just.

I can't even.

I cannot form coherent thoughts right now.

This is it. This is exactly what I have always wanted.

You really understand these characters. I started watching Torchwood again while reading this, and I missed so much my first time around! But this... This is brilliant.

You captured the raw passion, the agony, the excitement that is Janto. And you wrapped it up in this beautiful, beautiful story. I am so moved by every word on these pages. Jack's anguish is my anguish. Ianto's pain is my own.

You are an incredible author. I loved the way you added the radio shows in as well. This was absolutely fantastic.
BelleRosetteMontague chapter 200 . 7/18
Literally amazing. I have just read all of this story in a few days and found it so good, exactly what I would want from a Janto story! Thank you so much for writing it! Taken as canon!
fanaticbookworm247 chapter 200 . 7/4
I absolutely love this story. Beautifully written. You really captured the gritty, dirty, real love between our boys. A love story while still being so very truthful in the character development. Thank you so much for sharing!
curlycarly113 chapter 200 . 6/25
Omg. Omg. I'm dying here. You have to write more.
This story was everything that was missing from the show and more.
Sequel? About them traveling together and why it was important for jack and ianto to be alive and together. And about them finding ways to prolong ianto's life.
I need more!
Thank you for the amazing story by the way. Best story of how ianto survives that I read. It's my new headcanon.
TheDalgas chapter 1 . 6/21
First of all, congratulations on finishing, I mean 426000 words is quite an accomplishment. In addition to this the quality of the story never diminished nor was it ever boring. Your CoE-fix was elegant and well thought through, and although I am sad you let Tosh and Owen die I think you made the right choice sticking so close to canon.
Enough praise, now for constructive critique: Some of the times when you changed from Ianto’s to Jack’s viewpoint (or the other way around) it left me confused for quite a while because you made a jump in time, it worked better when you stayed chronological and made them think back. Also, for someone who has not been able to get her hands on the radio plays/books, I was sometimes left confused, but generally you made it work with your explanations.
Thank you for this story, it has been quite a ride and I loved it
angelic chapter 200 . 6/11
geez, took me a few weeks but finally (but really sadly) I have reached the last chapter.
And let me tell you something: This fic is monumental!
I loved every word and is was all so plausible and everything kinda fell in place and I just LOVED it!
I really think, I'm gonna read it again... the first chap so long ago :)

Thank ou for this fantastic work!

This has got to be one if the most amazing fanfics I've ever read, i like this ending a lot better than the real one!
Jutta Sherlocked Holmes chapter 200 . 4/3
Wow... this was just... incredible.
Okay, find a way to start - I'm writing this review for the whole story, after I basically devoured it in a couple of days, at times unable to think about anything else than your story and to read on. This was really... facinating. I really love the detail and the possibilites of this story, and I got taken away so often while reading. It's also great how you switched between Jack's and Ianto's POV. So many moments you just sit there and think how perfectly this fits with the cannon, and it's just wonderful.
There were - as there always have to be - some things I didn't like that much, i.e. how you Gwen portrayed in the beginning(though I found it really great later on), but all in all this story is just great. It's also very well written and good to read, never getting boring.
I really, really enjoyed this fanfiction(and ahhhhh, the end, WHY CAN'T IT JUST BE LIKE THIS?!), I think it might be the best one I ever read, and certainly it's the one that I got adicted to the most XD
So yeah, at the end, a huge thank you(to you and your beta) for giving us this wonderful story *_*
Violet chapter 200 . 3/27
honestly, what else is there to say about this story except that it's BLOODY BRILLIANT!
Needtodo chapter 200 . 3/20
Thank you sooooooo much. This was good, beautiful and tear filled. Loved it.
This is rather disconcerting, my name is Caty Roberts and Carly Roberts has the same dress sense as me...

Awesome fic!
sd4ianto chapter 200 . 9/2/2014
I adore this whole story. Love this chapter. Perfect end. But my favorite was Ianto thinking he hope Myfanwy was alright and settled down somewhere nice. Maybe the Beacons and can feed on any lingering cannibals.
1,701 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »