Reviews for What is Essential is Invisible to the Eye
rhymingjourneys chapter 200 . 11/11/2012
Took me about 2 weeks to finish reading this whole fic, lying on my bed, sitting in front of the computer, spending hours a day devouring this. ;)
This was the first Jack/Ianto fic I've ever read, and I was hesitant to read fanfiction for Torchwood at first, bu then I came across your fic, with the whole story according to canon with some extra bits, and I thought to myself, "Hey I could start (reading TWD ff) with this", since it's fully canon and covers everything I'm already familiar with. It's your fic that made me start to appreciate the full meaning of Jack and Ianto's relationship, as much as I liked them already.
It's superb and I really respect you for all the effort you put into this. Thank you. :)
yoonzena chapter 91 . 11/8/2012
You know, it's the third time I'm reading this (sorry, can't help myself!), and only now has it dawned on me that there's another message to this chapter. If you love someone, don't just blindly cave in to them, no matter how fun and kinky it seems. Maybe if Jack had followed his gut in Ianto's apartment, his revelation wouldn't have been quite so traumatic to either of them.
Steph. A fan chapter 200 . 11/4/2012
I'm not sure if you check this anymore, but I need to tell you: This was fantastic. Totally brilliant. So well-written, well-researched, and just completely amazing. You are the queen of foreshadowing and you planned ahead so far. I just read this, so all of it was posted, but I feel that you knew where this was going from the start. You really did fill in so many holes form what the show left out; I never would have connected that the Hub exploding in Children of Earth would mean that Grey was gone forever. Kind of convenient for the writers of Torchwood to fix that plot line, but you mentioned it brilliantly. I watched the show for the first time while reading this fic, and let me tell you how spot on it is. You go over what happens very quickly and then elaborate on what you want to. It is simply amazing.
I also think riftintime has the best username in existence. They were a great beta, and I really enjoyed the chapters they collaborated with you on or wrote themselves. I have not had a chance to read their stories, but I will. I love it how on both of your pages both of your favorites are each other. That is really cute.
The last chapter made me incredibly happy. That was a perfect way to end it. Congrats on the success of this story; you deserve it.
Allons-y.
marety chapter 200 . 10/30/2012
Great story! :)
illmatchtheminrenown chapter 200 . 10/22/2012
Wow. Seriously, this is such a beautiful, gorgeously written story. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading it. I've even caught myself thinking about the gaps it fills when rewatching old seasons. Truly amazing.
Mokuren no Ken chapter 200 . 10/16/2012
I LOVED THIS STORY SO MUCH! I was laughing and crying and laughing and screaming and laughing and crying the whole way through the 200 chapters! The plot twist was brilliant, and my only regret is that I didn't find this earlier... That and we never find out Jack's real name, but I guess that's meant to be, huh? Kudos can't even begin to cover what I'm trying to express... In short, this was wibbly wobbly timey wimey brilliant epicness!
ToonyTwilight chapter 200 . 10/14/2012
Totally a great story! I am happy to have read it!
Iris Wood chapter 200 . 10/9/2012
Magnificent! Beautiful! Wonderful! Tearful! Aww ... I loved your story. Fantastic writing! One thing I was a little hesitant about was the retelling of a scene from the others' perspective. Hate to say that I have used that technique in my own fan fiction writing, but it had never occurred to me that it might get repetitive.

Thanks for writing a whole story, GOOD JOB:)
Iris Wood chapter 197 . 10/8/2012
Wow! You are evil! Nearly in tears, but I know everything will work out good. It will, right? RIGHT?! did some work though, *pats self on back* before finishing this.

Need tissues!
Iris Wood chapter 191 . 10/8/2012
Excellent continuation of the story line! Great to have a Hart to Harkness interaction, good old Captain Hart! Reading this when I should be doing schoolwork. Hours lost to the Excellent AWESOME story line. It made the death of Ianto easier, but I haven't seen Miracle Day. How could they make Jack mortal? Its like of is snubbing Doctor Who... only go more to go until the end. Yay!
Iris Wood chapter 167 . 10/8/2012
My hubby once told me about that coffee before and it is one thing I think I could never drink. Ianto would really appreciate it. Still love the story by the way! Loved reading the Doctor Who crossover part.. EXCELLENT! Nice incorporation of the radio dramas, but I haven't heard all of them. I've only listened to the monologue from Ianto about being just a "blip in time".
Iris Wood chapter 118 . 10/7/2012
Yummy, chocolate covered Ianto sounds delicious _ I was just thinking, did we ever see Ianto's flat on the series? I can picture Owens', Tosh's, and Gwen &Rhys' place, but not where Ianto lives. Hm.
Iris Wood chapter 91 . 10/7/2012
Poor Jack! Excellent writing as usual! Good Job with the relationship by the way. Your naughty scenes are well written and, pardon me if I say this, enjoyable to read! Still love the connecting the dots in between story lines. I also would say keep up the good work, but seeing that you already finished it, so I bid you "great job writing" and I will be sad when I am done:(
Iris Wood chapter 62 . 10/6/2012
For the first time EVER, you made me not totally loathe Gwen about mooning over Jack. Good job with everything once again! Love reading it :)
Iris Wood chapter 49 . 10/6/2012
I always felt that Ianto should have been with Jack when he went to face that creature. You weave an excellent story line that connects the episodes with fan fiction! Dialogue is great! Love the Ianto characterization and Jack works too. Jack is Captain of the Innuendo Squad after all, and Ianto needs to realize that Jack came from a different time and flirts with everything.
1,716 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »