Reviews for What is Essential is Invisible to the Eye
Village-Mystic chapter 36 . 1/12/2010
Great missing scene that fit both with your just slightly AU story and cannon.
Village-Mystic chapter 35 . 1/12/2010
I'm glad that you have them talking about their feelings, not just acting upon them. Good job here,
Village-Mystic chapter 32 . 1/12/2010
Good drama.
Village-Mystic chapter 31 . 1/12/2010
Good drama here.
Village-Mystic chapter 30 . 1/12/2010
I'm noticing more than one chapter and not sure where I left off, but what I am reading is good, even if I do read a few of these chapters out of order.
Village-Mystic chapter 34 . 1/12/2010
Excellent twist on Jack's energy and the after Countrycide scenario.
random-nasha chapter 34 . 1/12/2010
loved the chapters added, looking forward to more, and seeing how their relationship goes :D

x
nina chapter 32 . 1/11/2010
that was brilliant keep it up.
random-nasha chapter 32 . 1/11/2010
Aww, they're a lovely couple, albeit it a very angsty one :P

Can't wait for the next update, really enjoying thid fiction, hoping Ianto opens his heart a bit more soon :D

xx
picco chapter 30 . 1/10/2010
I really love this story and 4 chapters in 24 hours is fantastic!
random-nasha chapter 30 . 1/10/2010
Amazing few chapters, really loved their encounter. But Ianto's having doubts? ): Noo!

Looking forward to seeing what happens in the Countrycide :P

xx
Whovianette07 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Hello there,

if they had shown the full development, it would have been something like this (but I'm glad they didn't show it, leaves more room for the imagination). Yes, this has been done before, but nowhere near as good and realistic. So kudos to you for all that, I enjoy your characterizations and your writing.

Now for the constructive criticism:

I pretty much disagree on the whole aspect of Jack and Ianto getting to know each other that well - Ianto finding out about Jacks immortality and in his turn revealing his reflections on Lisa. It doesn't seem to fit in with what we've seen (Ianto mourning after Jack's death, lying about his father). Also I think it takes away a lot of possibilities for you as a writer, to my mind it is always more interesting when that kind of information leaks through bit by bit.

Another thing is making Ianto "special". I don't think it's necessary - it is fully believable to me that a desperate man with great research skills could spy on Jack enough to get into Torchwood. Making him super-intelligent and psychic takes away from the reader's ability to identify with him as a character. There is nothing to suggest that he has those skills in the series.

After that I would like to state again how much I enjoy reading your story. I am looking forward to further chapters.

Just don't let them get married or have children.

All the best!
Village-Mystic chapter 28 . 1/9/2010
Well, with Jack's shields still down, what about tired Ianto. He probably just wants to go home to change, perhaps concerned about appearences, perhaps not. Wonder if his response to Jack's emotional state will be to invite him to come over too, or just explain his own (Ianto's needs). Certainly all of this time feeling what Jack is feeling without the barrier might give Ianto a little more self confidence in the relationship? The mental shields are a metaphor for the condom useeage, too, if I'm reading this right.
Village-Mystic chapter 26 . 1/9/2010
Good dramatization of emotional Jack... so emotional that he's half-forgotten that he's lowered his mental shields to Ianto and never put them back up again... but enjoying the benefits of it.
Village-Mystic chapter 25 . 1/9/2010
Enjoying the AU twists in intimacy, which are faciliated by the ESP but also by the will (deliberate choices).
1,716 | « Prev Page 1 .. 102 109 110 111 112 113 114 .. Last Next »