Reviews for Peace on Earth
Lady Liesel chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
That was so gloriously Blackadder! I don’t normally laugh out loud when reading but you managed it. I don’t know what else to say, but I completely loved it.
Outasync chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
This is brilliant. Fits well into the tone of the fourth series, and has some cracking lines of dialogue.

Nice to see another side of Darling. And, yes, war makes a lot more sense if you realise that the people making the decisions are either mad, or drunk or (probably) both.
Wilde About Oscar chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
This was so funny and cynical and snarky and sarcastic and just so perfectly Blackadder. Kudos to you, definitely one of my favourite Blackadder stories.
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
I'm feeling in a really Blackadder-y mood lately. And you've just given me Edmund and Darling getting sloshed in the trenches. At Christmas. Oooh, and Baldrick and George falling afoul of a football match. To throw a random (yet oddly appropriate) Eleventh Doctor quote into this review : "This - is - Christmas!" :D

Loved it though, seriously. You've got the waspish humour and the slight (but not overwhelming) note of pathos in "Forth" down pat. Bravo!

Fave lines -

"It made perfect sense, once you understood the workings of the finely tuned military mind. It didn't matter if it was Christmas Eve, Easter or bloody Halloween; there was always some mad bastard ready to send the poor sods working under him out to get shot, and they would probably think singing carols was the sort of cunning plan they could substitute for real strategy."

"Five a side? Try five hundred a side, with the ball lost in the middle in a muddy mess with everyone kicking wildly at a round muddy lump... oh no, wait, that was Baldrick. Easy mistake to make. Edmund took that as more incentive to keep kicking."

"My god," he said, "he could be my old PE teacher. Is that – he's actually making Germans run laps as well? How did he tell them they were supposed to, or did they just decide that running away from him was the only sane option?"

"Darling shrugged, the small unhappy movement of a man who too often had to defend both the indefensible and the downright stupid. "He believes in fair play. Unlike some I could name."

"Yes. George believes in fair play," Edmund returned cynically. "That's why, last time I saw him, he was down in the mud being kicked repeatedly in the groin.""

"So that's why the orders always involve advancing in wobbly lines. I thought it was meant to be so we could dodge."

"Completely bloody crazy," Edmund said quietly, as though to himself. "Less marbles than a weedy schoolboy who's just been beaten up by the school's biggest marble-thief."

Hehe. I copied and pasted obscenely there, but I just wanted to show my appreciation. As you do . . . ;D

Nice work! :)
protonprincess chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
Ah, this was brilliant - greatly enjoyed reading it.
Hamfast Gamgee chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Very good tale, I like this! A nice bit of irony in the end involving Edmund and Darling. I liked the bit about the English saying that they were winning and the Germans couldn't speak English enough to contradict. We ought to try that trick nowadays in Internationals! Nowadays, people seem only too happy to explain to me how badly we are losing all the time! But once again, nice tale, keep it up.
fledge chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
The very model of black humour, if ever there was one! An excellent black piece about the old lie dulce et decorum est.
digoutyoursoul chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
ha ha i enjoyed that. blackadder was excellent. good work :-)
Coryx chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Well, this was epic. And I've never even seen Blackadder. There's a certain type of enjoyment you can only get from fanfiction if you have no idea who anyone is or what's going on.

...Very Pratchett-ish, actually.

HAHA, KICKED IN THE GROIN.