Reviews for Year One
Lieutenant Of Artemis chapter 1 . 2/27
wow, this was so beautiful. it gave me a mixture of pride and sadness and a weird sense of nostalgia. Zuko is one of my favorite characters, and his development and his past and his character dynamics and the way he interacts with all the characters is one of my favorite things ever, and you wrote him so well. i could really sense his struggle to balance things and to be the best Fire Lord and right the wrongs of his family.

his conversation with Toph and Sokka made me chuckle. i really really love zuko/anyone gen to be honest, haha. so thanks for that. keep writing, don't stop.
Merkitten chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
That was just lovely. Basically everything I could have wanted from a continuation ficlet. I haven't read the comics yet, but I'm not sure they could top this tbh. It just meshes flawlessly with my understanding of the characters, is well paced, and brings up some real nice points. Just a super great read, thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2014
Beautiful :')
Digi-fanCatt chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Lovely. I like Toph's field trip the most. XD
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Awww, nice.
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This was a beautiful and realistic look into the beginning of Zuko's reign.
Pavonem chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Poor Zuko. He needs a hug. All that in a year! At least he's got Mai there with him, and his friends.

This was great, and is totally what happened his first year.
Rui17 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Awww.

This was really beautiful.
Calcium oxide chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
Wonderful story :D
Kenny's SpaceCadet chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
So, this was great, very deep, Zuko is changing, blady blah... but really, Grand Torcherer? I think that is the absolute best pun I have ever heard! Okay really though, onto a serious review: I really think that you portrayed Zuko's growth really well. Throughout the entire series he was trying to work on his own and restore his honor on his own, and by the end, he realized that his honor came in working with others and reuniting a world of solitary nations. It... I never really realized it until I read this fic so, you made me think really deeply about a fictional show, haha. I absolutely love the way you wrote this and I just think it's awesome! But Grand Torcherer, that was simply beautiful.
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
This is perfect. And awesome. And parts of it are now incorporated into my personal headcanon for post-series.
X59 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
really good.
Simple Fics chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
I feel sorry for Zuko, trying to do so much all by himself. It's a good lesson that he learned by the end, but still, that first year... And there really were no good decisions he could make about some of the issues, like what to do with the Fire Nation soldiers. That poor little boy...

Very well-written, and thank you for posting it.
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
Remarkably profound at the end-very nice!

And I just LOVE that you brought Toph and Sokka in. Winz.
slayn-angel chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
oh man, every one of your stories I read it's just "favorite" immediately, no question about it. :)