Reviews for Why Him?
Artisa chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Wow. That gave me shivers. Brilliantly written and so in character, LOVED Elaine's take on Guybrush and her reaction to his death! Your style is awesome! :D

Btw, I also cringed at the beating Guybrush took in the game, omg the PAIN in his voice! DX I love that you mentioned that and despite it all it was still her he was worried about! Seriously this is one awesome awesome one-shot! Sweet ending too! :)
Atalante chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
So great. Really.
I'm a writer, I get real paid for real publishing real books (in Germany). And your look on character's insights is so intriguing I wish I could borrow it from you. ;)
(Besides, I was looking for Guybrush fiction because I wanted to feature a guybrushy character in a novel next year. This page and especially your story is really helping me on getting into this character.)
Jay chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Beautiful, amazing, heartwarming and well written! I am not much into romance but I have to admit this fanfiction is utterly flawless. The characers' personalities are well portrayed and they really seem like the same people they were in the games. You satisfied me in every way: I was looking for a fanfiction where the characters act and think like they really do in the games but that at the same time would go deeper into their hearts and thoughts...and I found it. Thank you, I also read the other one you wrote (the one about the breakup) and loved it too, but this is absolutely my favorite monkey island fanfiction of all times. Thank you, really, you are a great MI fan writer and I hope you write more!

MGF chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Wow. That was a really beautiful story. I would've thought that Monkey Island and deep character wouldn't fit together, but apparently, I've been wrong! Great work!
trearoos chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I haven't played tales of Monkey Island, but I heard what happened. It must've been terrible.
BeeKay84 chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
Beautifully written, very touching and emotional at parts. I really liked your review on Guybrush's and Elaine's relationship over the whole Monkey Island series from Elaine's point of view. I wouldn't have suspected you haven't played all of them, because everything seemed in canon to me. And Guybrush's "Hey, that's my jacket" was such a typical and just loveable Guybrush moment and made for a nice conclusion. All in all, great one shot!
Lauphen Staar chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
That was so incredibly written! I was enchanted the whole time. You really gave me some closure that I was kinda missing from the game. _
PhantomWolfies chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
Loved it -! Elaine n Guybrush FTW! I love Tales of Monkey Island!
Marion chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Awwww! I loved that. So adorable!
mythstoorfoot chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
Aw, this is so adorable! :D You do an absolutely excellent job of keeping Elaine in character but also expanding upon her motivations and inner thoughts.

I just adore the way you've justified her love for Guybrush and I think it's spot on. (: Even if you've only played two games, you seem to really know the characters well. And it's sweet and funny and honest: just the way a Monkey Island fanfic should be.

Wonderful writing! Thanks so much for this!
Anonymous MI fan chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
Timeless, you are my favorite fanfic writer. It's hard to believe that you've only played two MI games since you write the most beautiful MI stories with Guybrush and Elaine completely in character. Please please write more. I check this site everyday to see if you've written a new story and then get disappointed :(

Please do play MI 3 and then write a longer ending than was given in the game. Also, give us insight on what they were thinking during the proposal scene, at the wedding etc because you're great at describing thoughts and emotions.

And thank you so much for accepting anonymous reviews. I (and many others, I'm sure) will be waiting for new stories :D
Jen Kollic chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Loved it. Sometimes you do have to wonder exactly what Elaine sees in Guybrush, especially given their apparently acrimonious breakup prior to the second game, but your explanation pretty much sums it up. And I have to admit myself that his naivety, even when he's supposedly matured, is endearing. I really like how you write Elaine as well, too many people seem to think she's some kind of ice queen when that's not true at all, and you show that. And I agree with your rationale behind Elaine's seemingly inexplicable decision to become LeChuck's demon bride, she knew it was the only way to get the Cutlass of Kaflu and that Guybrush would find a way to bring her back.

Echoing an earlier review, I'd also like to see you write something about Morgan, who I didn't expect to like nearly as much as I do.
Symbermine chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
I like your monkey islands fics, and I like your point of view about why Elaine loves Guybrush. You got them very in character.

keep the good work!
Lynn chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Aww, thanks for that!

I adore Elaine. Here's hoping for a season 2.

I'm just hoping the whole Voodoo Lady thing is just a feint...I like her way too much, and LeChuck seems like the type to blame his failings on others.
iceboxme chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I loved it. It was so detailed and... just perfect. I don't normally like Elaine that much, but your story makes me see that she's not THAT bad.

Anyway, I hope to see more MI fics from you soon. You just can't find any good ones around here anymore.