Reviews for Deeper Roads
papillongirl chapter 7 . 11/26/2010
... I don't really have anything meaningful to say except that this is well-written and deserves more attention!
Imo-musume chapter 7 . 11/13/2010
Thank you for a lovely story. I really liked Alistair's confrontation with Morrigan - having him find out what he didn't know happened at Redcliffe brought some much needed closure to that path.
Hekateras chapter 7 . 1/22/2010
*sniff*

Beautiful.
Kateye13 chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Your warden stole my real life name, and it's even spelled right! Nobody ever spells it with a K only with a C... I've never had a necklace with my name on it... but enough of my sob stories, Because of that name thing the story called to me and I'm so happy it did. excellent work!
Kirwond chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Very enjoyable story. I enjoyed the dialogue the most-it flowed naturally and beautifully, especially between Alistair and Kassandra (as it should!). Chapter 7 was especially nice. One thing I was a little confused about-the story keeps mentioning orcs. Did you mean ogres?
Madcat Capers chapter 7 . 1/8/2010
Quite a feat - you actually made me like Alistair. You did a nice job of growing him up while staying true to his character. I think if Alistair in-game had been the more emotionally mature character you portray in your later chapters, I might actually have enjoyed romancing him.
Victoria Pratt chapter 6 . 1/8/2010
Oh, and I have a question...how did Zev get the cookies in the end? Because he didn't kill a baker or seduce a baker?...My curiosity is killing me!
Victoria Pratt chapter 7 . 1/8/2010
Oh my gosh...that was amazing! I was crying and everything. Maybe I'm too emotional. Or maybe your writing is just beautiful. It was so...well...I suppose bluntly, it was so depressing, yet so moving. You know? Good angst I suppose. Anyhow, it was fantastic. I personally must say that I despise the very notion of Alistair with someone else, but...I was very moved by your work. I suppose the only complaint I have is that it's too short! Not in a offensive way, I just want to read more of your work! ] Realistically, it would have been nice to have a bit more on the relationship between Alistair and his wife versus Alistair and Kass. Like how the children were married, but the wife never was. It would have been nice to have a sense of closure on that, like her acceptance along with someone like Alistair saying how Kass would always be his true love? Along those lines perhaps. But truly amazing work! I look forward to seeing your older stories, if there are any, and your new stories.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing with all of us! I know it takes a lot of time and effort!
Marwolv chapter 7 . 1/8/2010
Ah! So well done! Thank you very much for the story...but you've gone and made me read this at work, because I couldn't bear to wait until the end of the day.

I very much enjoy your narrative voice; I do hope you keep writing fics 3.

Have you thought about making an "Alistair wins the race" ending, too? I confess you've written the ending I wanted to read, but now I'm curious as to how you would write it.
RinoaTifa chapter 7 . 1/8/2010
A lovely end to a wonderful story. It's so hard to see Alistair have to carry on without his love, but then also very heart-warming to know he is a strong enough person to do that and to keep up his responsibilities and sense of duty, even if he never really will be the same person again. I also enjoyed hearing about what the other characters had been up to in that time through his dialogue with Kass.

Ugh. I love the Alistair x City Elf pairing so much but they're not really made for a happy ending, are they? In so many ways, this is actually the best case scenario for them, which makes the scenes you did write between them so much more precious, moments snatched in time which can never really last.

In other words, I really liked it.

RT
RinoaTifa chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Oh dear God please, please update this soon. It's a fantastic story and you've really captured the personality of each of the charcters here. I'm a huge Tabris x Alistair fan anyway but the banter you've created between them is a delight to read and I just love the idea that they're racing to see who kills the archdemon first.

Now hurry up and finish it so that I can stop getting stressed about what will happen next!

RT
Marwolv chapter 4 . 1/5/2010
AUGH! You left it THERE? How could you leave it THERE? That's downright cruel!

I admit, Zev and the cookies made me laugh quite a bit:-).
jabbering chapter 4 . 1/5/2010
This is an enjoyable read. I am curious to see what happens next. I hope Sandal is okay- he looks and acts a lot like one of my sons...
Bdub chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
Nice chapter 2! To be honest I wasn't expecting a chapter 2 to begin with... Keep going!
Marwolv chapter 2 . 1/3/2010
This story has me absolutely captivated! Looking forward to the next chapter:-).