Reviews for Second Hand News
maroongrad chapter 3 . 3/19/2012
I have to chuckle at your mention of a 45 rpm record. :) Most of the songs I listen to date from the 2nd world war...or earlier. So, yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean when you reference something that is just entirely unknown to almost everyone around you!
maroongrad chapter 1 . 3/19/2012
See, this is the bad part about running into your marvelous bit of fanfic over in the Hellsing section.

Now I have to read more of it. :P
Ster J chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
You write so incredibly well! I love the word pictures you painted.

This is a very promsing start. Can't wait to read more!
Woodrow Graham Kenobi-Rimmer chapter 3 . 2/16/2010
Hey, I got the 45 reference and I believe I am somewhere in the vicinity of this age group of which you speak. lol. Oh man, his outfit doesn't sound very attractive. I can't wait for these two to intersect, it will be epic.

They will intersect within like 5 chapters right? lol
Aashlee Elizabeth chapter 2 . 2/9/2010
Wonderfully descriptive style. I feel the chill of San Francisco's miserable weather and the dry desert breezes of Shi'Kahr.
Woodrow Graham Kenobi-Rimmer chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
I love the Fleetwood Mac referenece. You should totally keep going. I like that you don't seem to be making Sarek as sappy as some do.
iadggm chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I think you are off to an interesting start. You have added interesting little details to your story that make it more real – such as the pink shoes. I think you have done a good job with the dreary San Francisco setting. You have presented both Sarek and Amanda as people in a place that they are not really thrilled about. It will be interesting to see where you go from here. My concern is that you will portray Amanda as a perpetual victim with Sarek as her noble knight in shining armor. I am much less interested in that story.
Lizzie Blakeney chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
You have a solid start, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes! Keep up the good work!
SilverCatClaws chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
THIS IS ALSO A REVEIW, SEE, MY IDEA IS, I CAN ACTUALLY TELL YOU WHAT I THINK OF YOUR STORIES, YOU KNOW, IN THE REAL WORLD, BUT I CAN ALSO REVEIW SO OTHER PEOPLE CAN READ YOUR STORIES.

I'm not sure what role the caps lock plays, however. Hm.