Reviews for Rain
MaxRavenclaw 2 chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
The review posting system of is trolling me. Sorry if double post.

Wow. Just, WOW. This is awesome. The recommendation on TV Tropes said it was recommended for those who sympathized with Jowan during their playthrough (thank you starfrost). I agree. Very well done. Very touching. I didn’t really get one thing, though. Soli was human, right? If so, she should have been the 2nd cousin of Hawke, the Champion of Kirkwall, and of noble descent. The Amells were a strong family of Kirkwall. Lil’ Soli’s granduncle, Lord Aristide Amell, was up to become the city’s big boss before the poor girl was born, if I remember right. And that’s how we got Marlowe Dumar as Viscount.
MaxRavenclaw chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
Apparently I can't add a second review or edit or delete the previous one. Very smart. So I'll do it like this.

MaxRavenclaw chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
Did you know that the developers originally intended to make it possible for you to invoke the right of conscription and have Jowen as a companion? They dropped it early in productions... too bad.
Natzo chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I liked this piece, I wonder why Amell didn't took the ritual.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
That was bittersweet. Sniff.
x.Janele.x chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
This was gorgeous. I'm a huge Jowan fan, and this was just... great. So sad though! Excellent job!
MmeDeMerteuil chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Alright, this was touching. Very, very touching. I love how you've portrayed their friendship... it's much like I imagined it to be in my own playthrough. And the ending is heartbreaking.

The writing flows quite well, not overly flowery, not overly cold, just about right. Nor too fast, nor too slow. I like it. Congratulations!
Corvus corone chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
*Jowan love*

This fic really did move me - it was emotional and just heartbreaking in the end. Oh, now I want to play a female mage so I can have happy little sister times with Jowan. I... honestly can't remember how my Surana guy treated him (probably something like, "LOOK DUDE THIS IS A 40 HOUR GAME SO SHUT UP AND LET ME GET PAST THIS ORIGIN ALREADY"), but I've since rediscovered the Jowan love. As you might have guessed from the first line of this review. :D

Ahem, anyway. The dueling-templars bit was just /adorable/ - as was most of Soli's childhood - which just made the ending even more distressing. Gah.

(I notice from your profile that your first two fandom interests are Blood and Abhorsen! Yay :D it seems that I never find anyone who likes the same fandoms as I do.)
Cupcake Heart chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Aw, so sweet and sad. I usually like Amell/Cullen more, but I really like this one.
starfrost chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
) Listed this as a recommended fic

/FanficRecs/DragonAgeOrigins
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
The friendship between Solona and Jowan is one of my favorite parts of Dragon Age, and I love how you expanded on it.

I really enjoyed this.
Isobel Kelte chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This literally brought tears to my eyes. Jowan and f!mage's friendship is one of the most poignant parts of the game for me, despite how little screen time it gets, and its depiction here is heart-rendingly beautiful.

If you had other scenes in mind you couldn't fit in here, it would be great to see them someday. Not to distract from your other plans but I LOVE the character dynamic shown in this fic and would love to see more!