Reviews for New York State of Mind
emilyhotchner-and-olicityfan chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I love it! And the internal affairs thing, hilarious! I just don't know how to speak the hotel something whiskey something, it's cute though!
Pheonix1995 chapter 1 . 4/26/2012
Aww! That was sweet! Loved it!
TigerLily888 chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Love this story, funny and sweet.
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
Haha, that was so cute. (: Aw, Hotch and Prentiss...NEW YEARS! :D Great job. (:
Angelina56 chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
love the story it was very good.

i also love the NYPD officer part it was funny.

hope to see more storys soon.
NotAVideoGirl chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
"Of course if the man could truly read her he’d know she wanted him to make her scream his name for three or four hours a night, every night."

Best. Line. Ever.
Arcadya chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
This was so cute, and actually quite felt like another version of that 'other' alternate reality version of them you did. When they were younger, and had chosen different paths.

I liked the addition of Third Watch, not that we (as in Australians) ever really got to see more than the first season, and only if we stayed up really late and got all crossed eyed and so sleepy the next day we practically forgot what had happened, but they were great!

I really liked this, and especially their little inner monologues, but then again I always do appreciate their thinking.
Bedazzle Me chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Naw. While I may be an angst-whore, I do love my fluff. This was good fluff, you know, terrorist threat aside haha.

Sidenote: Love the new avatar. Props to Chiroho.
chiroho chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Hello. Just me, reviewing a story. :)

It's interesting that you have JJ and Rossi paired together, and Morgan and Reid paired together, but Emily on her own save for the occasional appearance of Hotch. Obviously that works plot wise, but does it mean that she's just as competent as any two other members of the BAU put together? ;) Or maybe I read that wrong, because I guess while JJ and Rossi are in Grand Central, they're at opposite ends of the street, and Morgan and Reid are near the ball drop and main checkpoint, so two different places there too. So I guess they are all spread out. Of course, it makes sense to me that Emily is so damn badass that she'd be able to be on her "own" as it were. :)

Aw, Emily gave Hotch a yellow cashmere scarf to match the gold letters on his FBI windbreaker. How sweet. ;)

Ha! Morgan practices extreme tackling! That has to a) hurt your knees when you scrape on pavement, and b) make your damn knees cold! Unless he's wearing thermals. Which he should be!

LOL at the "bravo, bravo". Am I going to have to look for the phonetic alphabet everywhere in your stories now?

That underhanded JJ! Asking for permission from Rossi rather than announcing it publicly!

Had to laugh that Hotch "only" accompanied JJ on her "bravo, bravos" so that he could give her crap!

Frankly I'm amazed that Hotch got served at Dunks so quickly. Than again, I guess that everyone is likely to be getting out into the street to see the ball drop, rather than hanging around in Dunks looking to get coffee and missing out on the big moment.

Of course he knew Emily was starving. She's always looking for something to eat, right?

Oh, now THERE's a picture - screaming his name three or four hours a night. Boy, she's optimistic. ;)

"At this point he could have a guy walking through the place carrying a bazooka and he couldn’t be sure he’d read the situation correctly." Okay, I'd be pretty worried if Hotch couldn't read that situation correctly, though it's a damn funny line.

"when we get home would you like to hotel, delta, whiskey, mike?" (BTW, you're missing a close " at the end of that line) Too funny. Obviously that little titbit was for me. :D

"Emily was practically bopping in her seat . . ." I can really picture that, you know? Bouncing up and down as she thinks about what's coming up.

"she had started to think that their first intimate meal together was going to be an outing for the early bird special paid for with his social security check." LOLOL. Now THAT could be a while coming!

"thinking how hot she looked with the little white beret on and wishing there was some way I could get her down to the beret and nothing else." Are you TRYING to give me a heart attack here?

The NYPD action squad, trained by Derek Morgan, was too funny. Not that I ever watched that show, but it's a really funny section.

"He didn’t want to suck at it." Do you really think he would?

Of course, my read on the whole "HNY SIR", "HNY PRENTISS" is because they have known each other so long that's almost ingrained in their relationship. In my story, they have no such Pavlovian behaviour that they have to follow. :)
cherish26 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
They're so cute! And, while I know the reason for putting it next year is to not have to deal with the mess that is 5th season, it also seems realistic. Hotch would probably take at least that long to get his act together after everything that's happened. He just isn't going to rush into anything for awhile. But they totally should be together, and this is a nice way to do it. As always, love your writing style. Thanks for a New Year's update!
kimtom4eva chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
YES, you used Faith and Bosco, they were always my favorite on TW and I'm so excited you used them here. I was so mad when they split them up and made her a detective then ended Third Watch...stupid NBC. Great story and I love that you combined my four favorite characters from my two favorite shows!
0909090 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
No ka-booms? oh well...the 'down to the beret and nothing else' is enough of a different kind of ka-boom for me!

Excellent story!

thank you!

Julia
AtLoLevad chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Very good writing and plot. I love all your writing. This one was cute. :)
ab89us chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Love this!
LacytheRomanWerewolf chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This is so cute and perfect. I love the part with the two cops. That was down right hilarious! And I was wondering why you changed your profile pic, nice to have the answer! It's cute!