Reviews for Canonized Bones
Awe
parisindy chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
aw cool well done
InSecret chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
I maybe want to steal your writing brain. But then, if I did, I wouldn't get to read your fics. Awk-ward. *snuggles fic*
sergeantmicky chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Sorry I'm a bit late on this one! RL... what can I say... *sigh* This was a really good read. There were several things I liked (of course :P) including Dean staring down the man at the diner, the wobbly yellow line which "was going to say something to him that he doesn't want to hear" and the sniffling in Sam's shirt. Love. :D
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
PADavis remixed by Mad Server. Like I said to Phoebe, it's Heaven on Earth! I still think you both (and the others) ever write in character, but I really loved this challenge.

I loved this from the two first segments, when they're leaving Lawrence. You captured the sadness of that episode. Sam is recovering and Dean wants to leave the city, and their old house. I don't know if you did it on purpose, but Dean seems so alone and it's heartbreaking, though Sam is there. Maybe because the youngest can't remember things like Dean can. Some memories they don't share. "Whatever she did, it was her choice." Sam's eyes are glazed but earnest, determined. "It wasn't our fault." It doens't help Dean's loneliness. That's why I loved when Dean realizes that "Mom and Dad are somewhere else. Sam's here. It's just the way it is." Also, Dean "deeply medicated, sniffling into Sam's shirt." helped a lot.

And there were plenty of funny moments (thanks to Dean's sarcasm), smart phrases and the guy willing to have the Impala.

You're always a generous and sensitive writer and leave room for the reader's imagination. Always use incredibly well-choosen words (I have the impression that you always remove every extraneous word). You're talented, your writing is neat and thank you for the genuine emotions you provoke in me.
fay419 chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Hey!I'm a girl come form China.I really enjoy your story.(It's awesome.)I really want to translate this story form Chinese and show it for my friends.I think they'll lone it.:) (Please...begging with puppy eyes...)
Maz101 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Congratulations - this was a great addition to Land of Enchantment. I liked the time you gave at the top to the repurcussions of thier visit to Lawrence, on both but especially Dean...loved..."Twenty miles down the interstate Dean gets his first deep breath in three days." And the throw away line of "He imagines two more scenarios that might explain Dad's absence."- you really encapsulated what that episode did to Dean.

The slaughterhouse storyline is such a good one but your/their quick handling of it really characterises how messed up their lives are. Even nearly being stunned and having his feet cut off, didn't have the import of the Lawrence visit for Dean.

Great stuff.
Zatnikatel chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Bounced here from Phoebe's Land of Enchantment... I don't think I have read you before! I'm really enjoying seeing what each of you pull out of the the others' stories...

First off, I love this: 'While he's waiting for Sam to say his goodbyes Dean finally spots the cement border between the replacement bricks, from after the fire, and the originals from when the Winchesters lived there. The colors are almost identical' because hot damn, I always wondered how that damn house was still standing! So thanks for clearing that up for me! ;-)

And this, to end that opening sequence: 'Twenty miles down the interstate Dean gets his first deep breath in three days.' That really pulled me up because it's what you *haven't* detailed that gives it meaning: the distress and heartache that underlies it, which is so clear in Dean's phone call to JW in that episode, and I also love the really *spare* but incredibly touching way you touch on it in the diner scene too, along with the fact JW never called back. I think it takes a real gift to get over that much emotion in so few words.

Caffeine pills... oh that is so sad. Dean seems incredibly lonely in this story, for all that he has his brother back - perhaps it's a reflection of the fact they haven't yet 'gelled' or maybe more to do with the fact he probably has been hunting alone even before JW left. Makes me feel all lump-in-the-throat!

And this, along with stoned!Dean, finished me off: 'Mom and Dad are somewhere else. Sam's here. It's just the way it is.'

Thank you! I really enjoyed this and will try to keep up...
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
You have a way of making Dean wooby and sweet and then smacking him right back into character with a well placed line: Dean dredges up a leer. "Crap never looked so good." It makes it so believable and I can picture it happening. He's by the car, he's got the leer and he sounds a little hoarse even as he gives it all he's got.

Love this story. I think this captured our goal. Doing what we like but them keeping them in character. Like when Dean wakes Sam up to drive and Sam is all, no way man. I didn't see that coming and it made it so much more true to character? And the snake double yellow line ready to hear secrets Dean doesn't want to hear. Nice touch. Thanks so much for sharing this!
PADavis chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
That was magnificent. The way you picked out scenes to address was brilliant as was the start in Lawrence. The demarcation between the two kinds of bricks, Dean on caffeine pills, the little tells - sighs. I like your fic more than mine. The final scene was poignant and gorgeous.

Phoebe
TheKritty chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
made me squee so hard. You did a great job with the remix- thingy, I liked your version of this story!Loved tha last passage. Left me squeeing like you wouldn't believe. And you know my squeeing-thingy.I'm just squeeing when it was god. And because I just read good stories and not little are by you, this story made me the last part, like I jesus, this last part *sighs happily*
writergirl94 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
hahahah the guy was like "trading?" Dean stares. "Don't listen, baby." LOVED THAT

cute sickness. both in perfect character:)
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Really, really nice. Loved it! Even a little aftermath of hurt!Sammy in there from Home. *sighs contentedly*

Great final few lines...probably my favorite part. Real brother stuff. :D

Nicely done. :)
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Great job on the remix. Loved some hurt!sick!Dean.
GundamGurl17 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Aw, a great story with an adorable ending once again! I like how you worked medicated!Sam into this as well! My favorite bit though - "Crap never looked so good." Leave it to Dean, huh? Great job!

-GG17