Reviews for Dr Bloodmoney
amour tue lentement chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Whether or not this is completed, it stands alone beautifully. :) Thank you for this - it really deserves more reviews
orange.eclipse chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
This is really wonderful :)

It's so interesting to see the characters taken out of context - you've managed to retain the aspects which define them. I also agree with Author of Scifi. I think Light would relish his ability to save lives - he is rather egoistic after all.
PoeticMALICE chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
OMG that was absolutely amazing! I can't even begin to give a proper review of this for fear that everything will sound horribly redundant in trying to justy offer some satisfactory compliments to your writing. Well anyway, I'll just say that it left me breathless and absolutely inspired. Do you read a lot? What exactly do you read? Surely this plays some part in how genius your writing is, or rather you're just purely amazing on your own. These are my three favorite characters so far in deathnote (cause i'm only on Episode 15) and I think you REALLY captured the esscence of each other them, especially Matsuda whom I loved at first sight because he doesn't seem to get enough attention for the amazing character I know he is. You should really add to this, i'm now a devoted fan.
SheOfOrange chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Continue it.

That isn't a request. That's a command.

XD, okay, sorry.

This seems pretty darn awesomesauce so far- I love how none of L's students are, 'ooh, he's so smart, and handsome', as many authors are wont to write. Little walking skeleton, in my opinion. :D

Light... seriously freaked me out. It was very well written, and I definitely liked it, but he seemed a little... TOO phsychotic. He transcended canon IC into head-canon- which is fine, but a little much! I have to say I agree with 'Author of Scifi'- he would, yes, enjoy the feeling of power over others' life, but he might gain more satisfaction in his ability to save, rather than destroy.

All in all this looks awesome! I can't wait for more!
Blueoctobersky chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Love it. I hope you get round to updating.
shiai10 chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
hm this really has got my interest. Light a he acts here clearly makes sense. I cant wait to see how this story plays out.
Author of Scifi chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Unique idea. I really enjoy Death Note fanfictions where the characters are taken out of context... it is fun writing them as well, allowing you to actually expand upon their personalities without having to worry about canon, etc. I also love reading them when they're done correctly. When they're done incorrectly, all hell breaks loose.

I'm not quite sure how much I like the idea of L being a teacher. L was never social, and he would not enjoy having to speak in front of people. I suppose it would work if his anti-social tendencies were established merely as a necessity, but I think he was just always... odd and antisocial. Despite that, I was highly amused by how he was portrayed as a professor... I really like the thought of him teasing the students by writing what they were yearning after right in front of them. Slightly unrealistic that no one would notice it, but still amusing. I am also very, very grateful that the students saw him how he was meant to be seen in anime... as an ugly, detestable genius. One case in which all hell breaks loose is when people make L out to be a god whom everyone loves in OOC stories... eech.

As for Matsuda... ahh, poor Matsui is a janitor. Find it odd he has a psychology major, not because I think he is stupid... he really isn’t, he’s just surrounded by geniuses... but because I would think his strength would be more forensic or espionage related. But to each his own.

Light seemed more sadistic than necessary. I don’t think he would want to kill the person. He would enjoy the power he had, but I would think he would enjoy the fact that he could save the life more than the fact that he could easily take it away. Mostly because I think that he was truly corrupted after he received the Death Note. Before then, I think his sadistic nature was rather untapped. He probably still yearned for power, but he wasn’t even truly sadistic until he actually started using the Death Note. I also think he would relish the attention he received. He is not a recluse... his social skills are quite proficient. At the very least he would answer the questions more fully to at least instill a fuller sense of awe... that complex of his was probably always present.

Those are my opinions, of course... and I enjoyed the story nevertheless. Your writing style is quite endearing. I look forward to reading some of your other works.
Sashocirrione chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
I really like L as a college professor.

Will you continue this?