Reviews for A New World Born
Kichi Hisaki chapter 2 . 9/3/2013
You know, I just figured out why Balthier has a weekness for scarves.

He's a Hipster.
Kichi Hisaki chapter 8 . 3/16/2012
The mention of oil was what I was waiting for.

Update soon!
BalthierFan6828 chapter 8 . 1/10/2012
Love this, I realized I've read it before and never reviewed.
Triplestar89 chapter 6 . 1/4/2012
Another Gem, I missed.

Do update!
Original-Elfkin chapter 6 . 3/24/2011
A very nice chapter and I actually laughed a lot. I adore how you can create these thoughtful situations that are so fraught with a visceral physicality to them, and yet you still have me laughing!

Bravo. And no Vaan snot this chapter. ROFL!
ShirukuKage chapter 6 . 1/14/2011
Let me start this review off with an apology for taking so long to get to this story, I had computer issues.

Now let me say that I love the sense of humor that you display, it simply adds to the overall story and its characters.

I love your attention to detail as the extra effort to create those details that you add (like when you state that Vaan can conjure water but it tastes gross) helps to create an even more enriched sense of their world.

I also love how you create tension not just with the characters themselves but also with their environment. Such a strong sense of a complete world is rarely caught in a fanfic, yet alone being captured so well! Congratulations for doing such a good job so far, I truly can't wait to see where you'll take this! Keep up the great work, regardless of how long it may take you to do so. After all great work takes time, right?
we be heartless chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Your characterization is so spot on, I love it! It's such a pleasure to read. And your writing style works really well to reflect the feel of the game AHHHH, you are making me into a fangirl! Must go and read the other chapters now.
ShirukuKage chapter 5 . 9/17/2010
Wow, this is great! Let me start off by apologizing for not reviewing the other chapters individually, but this was so riveting that I simply couldn't pull myself away long enough to write until this chapter.

I can't wait for more of this! Please keep it up (I hate to say how many stories I've started to get into only to have the author discontinue it).

I haven't played this game in awhile but now I want to replay it keeping your storyline in mind as I do so.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to see where you take this and to see what else you'll come out with.
FifthDayOfMay chapter 5 . 9/9/2010
Awwww. Balthier can be kind in his own odd way. He's a noble by birth though so it's no wonder he's so uptight. Poor Vaan, and Penelo too for that matter.
difficile chapter 4 . 7/26/2010
I enjoy these every so much. Was the one about the oil and Raithwall's tomb the one you wrote for the Balthier/Vaan livejournal community's secret santa a year or so ago? Or am I completely wrong? Haha, anyway, I especially enjoyed this chapter. Your writing style is compelling, and isn't weighted down with adjectives or redundant descriptions. Everything is just right. Ashe is very much in character, something I always found difficult to achieve. Her dialogue is surprisingly vibrant in your pieces.

Now onto more BalVaan!
Mika-chan chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I love your take on the game and how you're writing these scenes. Each chapter has me wanting more :) I'm also enjoying the gradual build up of Balthier/Vaan, and I think you really have a great grasp on their voices, which makes this story a pleasure to read. Keep up the great work!
Original-Elfkin chapter 4 . 6/23/2010
Oh! I loved that The Esper didn't want Ashe. That was so funny. And that it wanted Vaan even though Vaan didn't care about the power... Brilliant!
Original-Elfkin chapter 3 . 6/23/2010
OKay, I'll have your babies now... This chapter was terrific and I loved the banter. And the odd squirmy bits of undead wriggling on the used armor. Ew!

And the kiss was cute
Original-Elfkin chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Gah! I loved this. It's amazing that I never read it!
Gamer4Life89 chapter 2 . 2/13/2010
You are simply brilliant! Your story, writing ability, and vocabulary have me in awe! I love it!

I hope to read more of your outstanding work soon!