Reviews for God Rest Ye Merry Hippogriffs
amr56 chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
This is sweet. Even though it's only briefly touched on, I like the image we get of the friendship between Harry and Hermione.
Intervigilium chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
Few stories make me happy and sad in such few words... the fic's name jumped to my eyes and I decided this would be one I'd read first.

Not much I can say that you haven't heard already, Christopher. Amazing work. There's laughter, and serenity, and storm, and sadness all together. There's war outside the tent, and it never lets anyone forget. Not even when Hermione chants "Traditions are traditions, Harry"... :) (see, I wasn't supposed to smile here, but Hermione does that to me...)

Congrats, man!
alix33 chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
AW!
aryllia chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I cried a tear. Here I was thinking I had finally moved on, so many years after his death, and that postcard hit me right in the guts. Just... wah... bloody Harry.

Shovelling my sappiness aside, nice characterization and an especially nice level of eloquence in Harry's letter.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
Creative idea with Hermione sending Christmas cards (seems in character for her, too) and the ending was sweet and heart-breaking, almost made me cry, I'd say.
neonorne chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
:Snif:

This was nice. I always hated how Harry just stopped thinking about Sirius in canon. Totally believable he didn't want to :talk: about Sirius all the time - but never even :think: of him when he was alone? So sad. Hard to believe.

Your way of showing Harry's grief was brilliant I think. Two years after his death I can absolutely imagine canon Harry doing something like this - write Sirius a Christmas card as if he was still alive. Remembering his Godfather from a time when he was (relatively) happy. It is also very believable and in character that he would never have done something like this on his own initiative - only when nagged into doing it by a very in character Hermione. I liked the interaction between the two of them a lot as well.

Great idea, and well executed.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Oh how sweet. I hope Hermione was able to send her cards. this was a fabulous story
Balsam chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
Oh...I'm practically crying now. Excellent work actually writing the song, though! I'm singing it my head now, and will probably sing it instead of the Muggle version for the rest of my life.

The opening sentence is crazy-long, and you don't really need to say the rain is cold if it's from mid-December, but other than that, (and a too-long sentence with Harry lying on the bed being poked by the card) it's perfect. Great work!
macdennischardee chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Humor with angst, good combination :) This was short, simple, and an all together great read.
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Great work! I love the line "It's a quartet of Hippogriffs singing 'Coney Island Baby' barbershop style – what does it look like, Harry?" - very funny. The little hints about Ron were so well-placed, and I loved Harry's rendition of the song, haha. :)
Relala chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
This was a very interesting idea, and I adored the idea of Harry writing a letter to Sirius AFTER he’s dead. . It would never have occurred to me for him to do that even though writing letters was the most frequent form of communication they had during his life. Quite a wonderful idea! It really hit a cord inside of me, an this was a great read concerning idea and flow.

I was a little put off by the characterization of Harry though when it came to dialogue. He really didn’t seem at all like the boy I read about in Canon; indeed, it was almost like he was different person. When he said “I don’t know any Muggles” I was a little confused because he obviously knows the Dursleys even if he doesn’t think of them as family, and the part where he said “hither and yon” didn’t sound like something he would say at all. Perhaps this was just my personal opinion though. :shrug:

The lyrics to the song “God rest ye, merry Hippogriffs” were really awesome! I could almost hear Sirius singing them inside my head, even though he never got that far with the words in the books. I was always a little curious what the next lines might be, and you did a wonderful job writing them. D
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Wow, this was really good. I really liked your subtle humor here. Not only did it make the piece more enjoyable, but I think it also shows that despite the miserable circumstances the Golden Trio has to undergo, they're still essentially themselves. If that make sense, haha. You did a really good job with Harry's card. It wasn't too sappy to be OOC, but there was definitely some character-illuminating emotion in it. And of course, I love the title tie in to the song.

Wonderful work, I fully enjoyed it. As long as it's ok with you, I added this piece to the Reviews Lounge, Too archive. This definitely deserves more reviews (although you're fairly close to 20 as is! XD!)
silverbirch chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
I think the best bit of that was the two of them, in their own way, trying to search for a normality that doesn't exist.
mackgirl chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Of course Hermione wouldn't let a little thing as being in hiding in the middle of a war stop her from writing Christmas cards.

I liked that Harry wrote his to Sirius and that when he could think of what to write he wrote the song out. Great Job.
Cateagle chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
A most poignant one-shot; short but covering everything that was needed.

Bravo!