Reviews for Yukikaze: Boomerang Squadron
AlexanderTheNightKing chapter 5 . 12/1/2013
pretty damn sweet story hope you some time finish it i love the series and i keep watching it time to time just to remenber the battles and all
Sieben Nightwing chapter 5 . 7/30/2012
only one question: Why'd you stop? This story is one I really want to see continue, and I think it has a huge amount of potential, which I hate to see going to waste gathering dust. Best of luck, and I hope to see you with another chapter!
alchino chapter 5 . 6/17/2012
I am big fan of the OVA series.

I am very happy that I found your story. I want to see the next chapter. please
Raikouga chapter 5 . 6/29/2011
I am utterly disappointed that it took me this long to find this story. I've been a long-time fan of the OVA series (and now trying to get my hands on the novel the OVA's were based on) and have more than once wondered what would happen with a continuation to the story.

I like what you've done. I like the premise, I like the OC's (except Wraith, who started rubbing me the wrong way the moment he opened his mouth to say "Call me Wraith"), and I think you've accurately captured the characterizations of all the returning characters from the OVA. Oh, and out of curiosity, while the name "Von Richtofen" is a pretty clear reference to the Red Baron, is this guy just a reference/shout out or is he a descendant?

I'm also mildly sad that it has been a year since this story has last been updated. I don't know about the others, but I for one am eagerly awaiting the next chapter. Until then!

-Rai
MeSaPoet chapter 5 . 10/2/2010
This is a great story you have going. Please keep it up. I think they should give you the right to the script so the series can continue. You are a great writer and you capture the persona of the characters.
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 5 . 5/25/2010
I just read through both stories and my thoughts are about your work here:

Excellent job keep it up.

God help the JAM as the god of death plane is coming down from above to rain death once again.
Rakuengaki chapter 5 . 5/13/2010
Oh boy. This will be an interesting group. I love how you've got Rei taking charge and knocking some sense into them. Can't wait to see what you've got in store and looking forward to the next one! Till next time!
SithKnight-Galen chapter 5 . 5/5/2010
Nice chapter. At least we get to see hints of the other pilots in the Squadron...at least the initial batch. Odd how other than being tall and muscular, there was not too much stated about what ethnic background the American had (not that I am complaining, being of rather mixed heritages myself :P). I must say that so far I think I like the Czechian pilot as well, although the British, Tagalong (kinda surprised there over an Isreali, South African, Japanese, or Russian pilot, but hey :P), and German pilots seem interesting as well. I did note that that the Brzailian pilot was conspiciously quiet during the entire briefing.

So Wraith is supposed to be piloting the other Mave, or did I misread that? Is there something about the Brit that lends to him being able to handle the forces of that advanced fighter? Wasn't there also another type of baseline fighter that the FAF was using to dogfight the JAM with as well?

Oh yes,for the record, thank you for the conversation covering ideas in regards to the JAM and inflitrators.
SithKnight-Galen chapter 4 . 5/2/2010
I just got done watching the OVA series for Yukikaze at the recommendation of a friend of mine on here to help me get over my burnout on writing Evangelion and Macross fanfiction, and after thinking it over, I decided to see what any creative minds had come up with in continuing the inspiring story of Yukikaze. I went and read both of your stories and I must say that I have been highly impressed with the way that you have both developed the story as well as the characters involved so far. I hope that you do continue to do so with Boomerang Squadron. I do have to ask, will this unit also be of international origins like the original SAF,and if so, will there be any problems that will come up amongst the member pilots like with their host countries. (for some reason, the movie Iron Eagle II comes to mind.) I cannot wait to see who gets selected as well as what their rides might be. After all, with everything else being what appears to be close to a generation if not more out of date by Yukikaze's flight performance (as well as the performances of some of the listed fighters such as the F-22), I can't wait to see what is going to happen. Could it even be possible for automated facilities, like those found on the Japanese Carrier Hogosha actually be able to build the components needed to assemble "knock-off" Yukikazes'? At least a small number, even without the CIs for the other pilots of this JAM hunting unit?

Also, is this new SOC commanded unit going to have any anti-JAM screens in position, especailly after the actions of the JAM simulagents led by and including Colonel Rombert back during the evacuation of Fairy itself?
shoootme chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
just found this, all i can say about the prologue is that the jam are... High Octane Nightmare Fuel incarnate. very well done, the way the battle with yukikaze was done was very calculated and sounded like a super computer running calculations giving the reader the sence that the jam just see numbers and data, very sareal.

the two "Individuals’" give a good contrast to the cold calculating JAM "Whole".

on a side note did you know that the book from which Yukikaze the OVA was made has been translated into eng?
Rakuengaki chapter 3 . 1/18/2010
Yeah Cooley always did look ill or something in the anime. She kind of scared me. Ha! Mousy little lab rat's going to come in handy I just know it. And Rei will be scaring him left and right. Well at least with a small unit they won't have a lot of people to trip over though on the other hand they won't have a lot of people to help. *shrug* As long as Rei and Yukikaze are in the picture it should be fine. Thank you as always for the update! I hope to read more soon! Oh! And guess what just came out? The novel of Yukikaze! Until next time Q!
Rakuengaki chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
...Ok so I'm a moron for not reading this earlier. The JAM are scary! That first chapter was frightening with how they were figuring out the equation and whatnot. What's their given task? Global take over? It's interesting and frightening at the same time so nicely done there! Heh, I think we all know what Sarah's going to do when she grows up. Either a fighter pilot, mechanic or engineer. And the way you described the banshee. I knew the thing was huge from what I saw in the anime but the way you described it made it massive! Holy crap! A small war by itself huh? That's pretty much what it's going to be doing if it's going to be the base for the Special Operations Unit. Wow.

Sorry for taking so long to review and as soon as you have the next one up I'll devour it as always! Looking forward to more!