Reviews for The Last Lullaby
J Luc Pitard chapter 5 . 3/1/2015
I know this hasn't been updated in 5 years, but one can hope. This story opens up so many possibilities and I adore the episodic/surreal dreamlike narrative. It seems to be building into a story where Sarah and Jareth had a child who has either died or been taken by some magic/wish/unknown entity which shattered Sarah's mind. Alternately, Jared and Sarah were married and had a baby but she's been going insane and forgotten and was committed to the institution where Jared works so he could try to save her but it's not going well. Is she 15 or 30? Does the dream Jareth go to the hospital for his day job? Is the dancing Sarah the healthy Sarah? Who she used to be or who she might become? Sigh. So many questions and you author's note teases that we could have so many future chapters, but we're all trapped in a loony bin with only our own imaginations to keep us warm...

Looking forward to more, if you ever pick this one back up. I have several unfinished stories that I don't consider lost, so maybe this one isn't either.
Guest chapter 5 . 1/27/2015
Gahh! I knew I shouldn't have started this story when the last reviewer said they couldn't wait for more. I knew it wasn't a completed story but the plot looked so interesting. I know it's been 5 years but please, please, PLEASE come back and finish this!
Amethyst Pheonix chapter 5 . 10/1/2010
This is such a mind blowing story and I really don't know what to think... I can't wait to read more!
chee-wit chapter 1 . 9/28/2010
I swear you have met Subtilior, her stories are just damn confusing at points. It's nice though to be what does this mean? with the characters. Sharing in Sarah's confusion. It's damn frustrating though too. I couldn't even begin to tell you what I think and how to answer your questions, I reread one fic repeatedly trying to figure out all the little details and finally understanding all the symbolism and significance of everything. I swear this feels something like "Shutter Island" or "El Labrinto Del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth)" or even "A Beautiful Mind" just gives me that sort of vibe it's like they're all a bit mixed together in some mind messing thing. I'm not saying this isn't creative I'm just saying it kind of reminds me of it, just the sort of feelings I got from those and this. It really gets worse and better at the same time, the writing gets better but Sarah's circumstances seem to get worse and more mind boggling.

Still I can't wait for you to update again and much like Subtilior you give us lots to read. Thank you! :D I love writers who do that. Honestly up to sixteen? This is madness...how far are you going to go? D: Is it all planned out? :) Anyway, I really like this, it does for an interesting read and it's like walking through a labyrinth it's self trying to untangle it, if anyone figures anything out already congrats to them. I don't know if I have anything or not. :) Once again thanks for keeping us on our toes.
Glitter Poisoned My Blood chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
Huh... Interesting...
Saoirse Driscoll chapter 5 . 9/27/2010
Ugh, this story makes my head hurt. It requires more thinking than my course work! Very well done. Once my brain recovers, I'll get back to you about those "themes" and questions. Until then, can't wait to read the next part.

Also, I do not like the insane asylum. This is not me saying you shouldn't have it in there, or that it's bad, I'm just telling you I don't like it. It is evil, and mean, and cold and awful and it makes me sad. Very well written.

~Saoirse
mona reynolds chapter 4 . 2/10/2010
HA! i knew he was real. so when are they goonna do it? really great story one of my favs now on ffnet! please update soon1!
mona reynolds chapter 3 . 2/10/2010
but it is jareth rite? this is so good so far! and that twist is awesume!
mona reynolds chapter 2 . 2/10/2010
okay, that was special. why is the guard calling her milday?
mona reynolds chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
This is SUCH a great story!
chimera chapter 4 . 2/9/2010
dude i was so scared when i read that scene with the goblin srsly wtf neways let me know when ull update because thats a pisspoor way to put a cliffhanger there!
nightshadelover67 chapter 4 . 2/9/2010
this has got to be the best story in all time. update soon ok?
Amaterasu Queen chapter 4 . 2/9/2010
Woaah.

Just. Wow.

...Wow.

I haven't been stunned in a while, but that sure did me in.

I think you gave pretty obvious hints as to who your original characters are: red rose, beast, it only makes one think!

So was it all fake, or was it all real?

Good update, girlie - keep up the good work.

~A-chan
ross chapter 4 . 2/9/2010
this is fukin intense shit man
ColouredRose chapter 4 . 2/7/2010
A little bird told me you updated and I just had to check it out for myself.

My, this chapter is definitely much different from the rest if only because of length. For once there isn't a bogus cliffhanger; oh wait, no, there it is in the form of our favorite goblin King. What's up your sleeve now? I sincerely hope that you're not jerking us around for the fun of it because that'd just ruin the whole experience of finding this fanfic and loving it to bits and pieces.

well in anycase I guess we're stuck waiting for what happens next (as usual, I grumble) my offer to beta still stands if you ever change your mind but this chapter looks better proofread than the last one.

good job! can't wait for more!