Reviews for An Exercise in Restraint
Davewik chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Amazing fic... Ergo Proxy has allowed for ample introspective fics to be written because of the heavy philosophical subject matter it deals with - and you have managed to pick up right where the series needs it. You seemed to write with effortless beauty in your turn of phrase. My personal favourite - which made me exclaim out loud (including a lot of swearing) - is the statement 'Re-l thinks, therefore Daedalus is'. As a former student of Philosophy, I love it when Descartes' Cartesian Dualism crops up in an anime, and even more so in fanfic. Thank you so, so much for penning this fic, and I know you wrote it a couple of years ago now, but you will keep entertaining new EP fic readers with content as strong as this. Thanks again.
Datsueba chapter 1 . 11/22/2010
So, wonderful, pretty much what makes him -himself- Nice work! Keep up the great fics
janedoe401 chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
How on earth you've got the Prince of Rondo pegged is just truly amazing...! You're just so spot on...it's eerie...! O_O Totally loved it!
MirrorMortality chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This is a wonderfully well writen piece, I must say. The language you've used is wonderful, and I love how in depth the whole thing is. It really helps you see into Daedalus's mindset.

Wonderful job. :)
yume girl 91 chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
Nice :) very enjoyable. You've caught his character well.
Vincent Law chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Thank you. Thank you for this fic. It is perfect; it really, really is. Thank you for the research that you poured into it. As nice as Re-L/Vincent procreation fics are, it's frustrating no one remembers that they're sterile. Been looking all over the web for a fiction that deals with Daedalus's obsession with Re-L; this fic maps it out perfectly in a more quiet way, the way D seems before he snaps and makes the Re-L clone. It also fits into how he tells black Re-L that she was always his 'favorite'... seems like even D wasn't able to get Re-L right the 2nd time around.

Love the reference to BNW with 'decanting'. Love the use of technology. Totally and utterly believable. You also captured all the voices of the chorus and even IMO the biggest mystery: why Vincent's in love with Re-L. Should be included with the boxset.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
This is a rather interesting look at Daedalus, and even better, its very well written. While there isn't too much up-close and personal time with him the the series, this is a very plausible look that fits well with what information we do know. Props.
Nelja chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Oh yes! Daedalus fic!

I love how you describe him, it's totally in character. His relationship with Re-l has the creepy stalking aspects, but also the unconditional love, It really works. The mix of absolute lucidity on some points, too, with just a bit of delusion where it hurts.

It also makes me think about some point I had overviewed. I especially love his take on predestination, and the interesting questions he asks himself. Also, the ending.