Reviews for The Mercenary Critic
Sovereign64 chapter 1 . 6/24
Response to The Dude: To be fair, this list was made FIVE years ago and I didn't know a lot of things back then because I'm new to reviewing things in detail. Thanks for pointing out my mistakes though. It does helps me learn my lesson.
The dude chapter 1 . 6/24
Sigh, another idiot insulting evangelion, which you obviously didn't understand, and calls it average to feel secure about their inteligence. Its good, it is different, its the opposite of average, even if you don't like it, you should be able to identify the sheer talent put on the direction and cinamatography, the pauses, the reflection, the innovative surrealist techniques, all this is lost in you. But yet again, looking at the other animes of your list you don't seem to know much about quality animation.
Guest chapter 8 . 10/6/2013
This suck I love today in class 5-2
Hunting For Stars chapter 2 . 7/27/2013
Personally I really enjoyed Akikan! but I do respect your opinion
sereneskydragonslayer chapter 9 . 1/23/2013
Rave master needs a remake in anime and a sequel!
The anime quality is not that good!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 19 . 1/17/2013
When I first looked at D-War, I knew it would suck, my father rented anyway and I had told him it was going to suck and it sucking sucked! I'd say this films don't even justify piracy, because you're still paying two bucks on them. Anyway, it was another great review show, though I personally prefer TLSoulDude (it's a pity his story was taken down) and E350 because they review fanfics.

Though I certainly enjoyed the finale, a good way to end, glad you didn't follow too closely the NC's ending, but gave your own twist, adding a layer of sadness, but also of hopefulness (the 'exiting the fantasy world and facing the reality' theme, I particularly like this theme). Good work!
Wildheart-Edge chapter 19 . 1/17/2013
...(claps wildly)

Bravo, brava! What a climax to the critique business for you!

I have to say, you did a GREAT JOB as a Nostalgia Critic parody (even better than The Nostalgia Kid and on-par with The Insane Critic)! The jokes were funny, the rages were well-written... but this climax was the greatest part. The self-sacrifice idea, the 'new beginning' idea... it was actually, dare I say it, better than the Nostalgia Critic's last episode.

All in all, well done Sovereign.
TLSoulDude chapter 19 . 1/17/2013
Excellent conclusion and a fine ending on a high note, my friend.
Titanic Disaster chapter 19 . 1/17/2013
Nice chapter. :)
Titanic Disaster chapter 18 . 1/8/2013
Nice :)
Wildheart-Edge chapter 18 . 1/8/2013
Okay, now I must admit... this was damn hilarious!

The film, from the sound of things, is so hilariously bad that it is AWFUL (not to mention unoriginal) and, all in all, the portrayal of Edge is very similar to how I portray him (very hot-blooded, short-tempered and aggressive to things he hates)... and, admittingly, I also went in a rage when I learned about the Mordor rip-off... The Lord of the Rings is my all-time favourite fantasy series and knowing it is being ripped off by a subpar movie is REALLY frustrating.

So, in conclusion... useless protagonist? Useless 'Obi-Wan' figure? Useless love interest? Random dream sequences? This has all the signs of a bad movie and I have a terrible feeling regarding what this movie is going to pull out NEXT...

Great work!

P.S.: If possible, perhaps Edge makes a comparison between Ethan from this movie and Ethan Tidwell/Batthan due to them both being useless main protagonists who steal away screen-time from characters who actually DO THINGS (as useless as Jack is, at least he beat some people up... pathetically, but it is more than what Ethan has done) and are about as three-dimensional as a square?
New Decade1994 chapter 7 . 7/10/2012
You know, your MK vs DC parody wasn't that bad, in fact, I think the worst MK vs DC parody would have to be JusSonic's South Park vs Muppets Universe. I mean seriously, the muppets? And Brian Boitano as Raiden? Compared to that fic, yours was genius.
airnaruto45 chapter 17 . 4/1/2012
Fist of the North star was written and illustrated by Bronson and Tetsou Nara DW not Kubo
TLSoulDude chapter 17 . 4/1/2012
When I posted the review, I immediately noticed the chapter name and laughed...

Loved this, dude!
hardrocker21 chapter 13 . 7/29/2011
Ok one you are completly wrong about the 2009 Friday the 13th film. It was highly entertaing and is a definete must see for true Friday the 13th fans and not posers. Same thing with the Nightmare on Elm Street remake.

And second yes Prom Night 2008 did suck, but in my opinion the killer was at least cool and that alone was worth seeing.