Reviews for Scars
NightmareFairy chapter 33 . 1/31/2011
Wow, just, wow. I've just read through a majority of your stories in this series and I am so impressed. Your writing is haunting and exquisite.

Your characterizations are spot on; especially your characterization of the Doctor and Jack's relationship. It simply makes me ache when I think of them. I want them to have more but completely understand why they can't.

Wil herself is impressive. She meshes so well with the rest of the cast and her powers and flaws are believable.

I love that all yours stories flow into one another, but it is also frustrating. Sometimes I just want a satisfying ending.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed your writing.
timano chapter 33 . 7/7/2010
An astounding epic-it carried me along effortlessly! That is, I couldn't stop reading! Far, far better than just 10 out of 10 stars. And I look forward to your next story (I'll read it after it's finished, and I get to it-reading through the completed DW fanfics oldest to newest will take some time...)
Alcibie chapter 33 . 5/12/2010
This is the best ending ever...and better still because it's not really an ending..I see a sequel approaching!

My email never told me that this had been added so it was a complete surprise but it's absolutely such fantastic way to finish and sorry John, I prefer "Sunjammer"!

I can hear John saying this and the tone of voice he would use:

"Well, Jack likes smartass A.I.'s even less than I do. So when he got her, he put Starfog's A.I. to sleep, and let me tell you – she is a hell of a smart Artificial Intelligence. I…" John shrugged, "I just woke her up. You're not the only one who has a special invisible friend, Wil…

And this...it's just brilliant:

Will had taken his hand in hers and led him on a merry chase down into the dark depths of Torchwood Three, far beneath the bright lights and constant hum of the Captain's treasured Hub. They'd navigated through what seemed like countless twisty-bendy tunnels, occasionally taking a wrong turn and encountering mysterious locked doors or other equally inaccessible dead-ends. Only the gods knew what Jack Harkness kept down there, and it was probably best kept that way.

I can picture it!

And of course, your quotes are marvellous as always.

Excellent finish to an outstanding story..you did a super job:)
Noofle chapter 33 . 5/10/2010
Naw, now THAT was a fantastic ending. Sugoi! I really do hope you continue on with your stories - I'd like to see what happens to all these characters in the future - you've left so many unanswered questions. "What happened to Grasshopper?" being the first and foremost (to me).

Great stuff!
Noofle chapter 32 . 5/10/2010
I liked the beginning, with John trying to figure out which of his catchphrases would be the most appropriate to utter.

And they're getting Sunjammer! Been a while since we've seen that ship (as far as I remember). Can't beat a good solar sailer.
Noofle chapter 31 . 5/10/2010
Oh noes! Teh Doctor is crying. *sniffle* Don't be sad Doctor, you've sill got Jack. And it looks like he's willing to go travelling again.
teddybowties chapter 33 . 5/10/2010
YEAH! That;s my girl. Sometimes I wonder if I really hear them...
randomcheeses chapter 33 . 5/9/2010
Oh! It's over! I'm sad and happy at the same time!

*waits patiently for next installment*
Alcibie chapter 32 . 5/6/2010
There's so much I want to comment on in this chapter...firstly, the end (if that makes sense..) I loved that conversation between John and Wil, and how you ended the chapter..a little lightness after some painful and powerful moments..the contrast worked beautifully..I was getting worried there!

John's reaction was so powerful and true and human..one nearly wanted to "look away" so as not to disturb a private moment..

I REALLY hope they find Grasshopper (love the name Sunjammer!) because I love her and I love that John describes her as:

her annoying, too-clever-by-half, ship

And I loved this..it's again, so what anyone would think, and yet so completely John:

The first possible something that came to his mind was the succinct, audience-pleasing, all-purpose, good anywhere and anytime: What the fuck?

Brilliant and beautiful!
Randomcheeses chapter 32 . 5/6/2010
Wahey! Subverted Angst! Me like.

Is it just me, or has everyone except the Doctor and Rhys slept with Jack? Whatever else he is, the man is an aphrodisiac on legs. D

I love this chapter. I really do. Especially the step-by-step bit of John's little freakout. Bravo!
Alcibie chapter 31 . 5/3/2010
What a beautiful chapter..from start to finish..and definately from the start..that image of Jack on the rooftop...and the Northern Lights..

Unusual but not unheard of in that part of the world, waves of pale blue, soft violet and some green – interspersed with what Jack thought of as red – swirled like drops of ink spilt in water and gently stirred. Accompanying the light show was a most peculiar sound – or sounds. Sometimes a faint whistling, as of the wind around the building, although that night there was no movement of air. Other times a strange, high, hissing noise, interrupted by a barrage of clicks and crackles, as though an army of crickets were advancing through dry leaves.

What a wonderful description..

And the way the Doctor just shows up..isn't that wonderful and a marvellous piece of interaction between them. I loved it

"Yes, Jack. Because that's exactly how I'd feel if I were you. It's the only thing that you can do – that we can do. And I wouldn't have you any other way. It's not mad, not mad at all. In fact, it's… well, it's human… And that's no insult." With his free hand The Doctor gestured toward the few remaining visible stars, still valiantly fighting off the light of the approaching day. "If he's out there, we'll find him."

Brilliant..as was the conversation about the Groucho Marx/Woody Allen quote..

Just marvellous..I loved this..
RandomCheeses chapter 31 . 5/2/2010
Cannot leave proper review. Am too busy wailing unintelligibly, saying 'Aw!' and squeeing by turns.
teddybowties chapter 31 . 5/2/2010
Ah... once again, something you have said enlightens my darkness, my way through the maze.

Indeed, for it is so.

Goethe, indeed.

Ought to read up on that.. haven;t really bothered looking up anything, because you can;t really trust what you read, except when you know down to your genome that you can.

Love you, sister of mine. THank you again.
teddybowties chapter 30 . 5/1/2010
damn. These folks are gonna need to mosh when you're done wiht em! BWAHAHAHHA
Alcibie chapter 30 . 4/30/2010
As much as I felt for her, I loved the way Wil "saw" what had happened and just thought you wrote that scene so well. This issue has been talked about between Wil and John but suddenly Wil is faced with the reality of it and you wrote it wonderfully. What a brilliant line:

Wil was intently watching John's face as he spoke, and something there, in those beautiful, steadfast and so wonderfully familiar slate-colored eyes, suddenly froze the core of her soul. At the same time something else hard and black curled through her chest, like a sharp-pointed iron spring. She dry-swallowed as her knees went weak.

And I could just see and hear John:

"You might feel that way," John's tone became soft, warm, and somehow smoky, like oolong tea with a lot of sugar.

and the way everyone listened to him..

As much as I want to know more about the situation between Jack and the Doctor, I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter (and maybe that sounds evil of me when they're not having a good day!) but you write them all so beautifully and the changing dynamics and interactions..excellent stuff.