Reviews for Why Me?
katbybee chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
This is probably the saddest story I have ever read... Beautiful.
detectivejigsaw chapter 1 . 7/28/2016
Oh, this hurts. Poor Carter. Nobody should have to lose their innocence like that.
OrangeSunset1701 chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
Oh, poor Carter... Sometimes the action of taking a life is effortless , but the mental part of it is certainly never painless. Good job on this story!
Glossina chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Oh, wow. That really left me with a troubling feeling which is the mark of a great fic. I could really feel Carter's pain.
silmirof4077 chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
WOW what a great story. Maybe you could write the whole santa story? It sounds very funny
Kathy M chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Author does a fantastic job in the constraints of a short story setting the scene and drawing the reader in. Superb character study of Sgt. Carter. A great, enjoyable read!
Kathy F chapter 1 . 2/4/2002
Simple, effective, believable and very moving. I enjoyed it tremendously.
Nonny A chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Short, but effective. Keep writing, Settiai, you've got talent.
Bianca chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Awwe man, I wanted to reach in the computer and give Carter a hug. Brilliant writting, thanks for the insight.
marylinusca chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
Dearest Andrew: How I wish you did not have to go through the agony; but soldiers do kill. It is what a soldier's job is about. I hope you'll never lose the feeling of pain, because if you ever do, you'll lose some of your humanity. If you lost that, Andrew, I would grieve forever. But I hope, with your friends' help, you will bear it without it crushing you. Please, remain the decent man you are. Yours, Marli.

Dear Settai: Another fine, sensitive, well told story. thank you. I hope to read another chapter in your longer work soon. Marylinusca
marysa chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
great story
Anna chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
*gulp* Poor Carter! Extremely well written, by the way.
ColREHogan chapter 1 . 1/24/2002
I can see Carter or really any of the men going through this. Nicely written.
technetium chapter 1 . 1/23/2002
That's so sad, but it's really good.
Puzzlemaster chapter 1 . 1/23/2002
Good story! It was really sad, too. My heart really went out to Carter at the end there, when he said he wasn't a kid anymore. A very good portrayal of innocence lost and come to terms with. Keep up the amazing writing!