Reviews for Story of a lifetime
smokiesgirl chapter 102 . 4/18
... Missy, I don't know what to say. This... This... I can't vocalise it. HOW? How was such genius bestowed upon you? How did you achieve such skill? How did Jazz suddenly end up almost as special as Prowl to me? HOW DID YOU ACHIEVE THIS?

Seriously, though. This is genius. So much it almost hurts to read.
DiamondBeast chapter 103 . 3/13
Okay, I know you're probably not looking at reviews for this anymore, but this. Story. Has. Ruined. Me.
I have never read a fanfic so intense before; when I finished I actually had to take a nap because I couldn't bring myself to read another book or go do something else. I read the whole thing in one go and by god I have been on a rollercoaster of emotions. Thank you for writing this story. It was very, very well done.
You-you killed prowl! I think im gonna cry now...
Great story...just I really...dont like the ending
The Fox Familiar chapter 10 . 6/24/2014
This romance is as pretentious and as awkward as those shows that try to shove two people together with no reason why, and add onto the fact we've got gay robots, it makes it even worse.

There's a thing called monotony, and this story has it. ALL Jazz/Prowl stories are the same one way or another, and they all fail because they're trying to make the reader believe what can never happen. Plus, they're faggots. No one likes them, am I right? Is it so hard just to make them best buds? Or celibate? Or just do their job without bending each other over a desk?

No, that'd require rationality, which you don't have. Why this reached 100 chapters I haven't a clue, but the only thing this story does is suck...cocks.
The Fox Familiar chapter 9 . 6/24/2014
I am so thankful these chapters are short.

Needless to say, every single character is useless. Jazz pouts (why?) Prowl is a weakling, and there are random people that no one gives two shits about. Random stuff happens and you are really trying to shove this romance down everyone's throats, aren't ya?

One of my pet peeves is that Jazz talks with an accent. We KNOW he has one, and when you write it it looks like he has shit in his mouth.

What a piece of shit. Who likes this - oh. Yeah, I can see who likes it.
The Fox Familiar chapter 5 . 6/24/2014
This is your version of enjoyment? God, it seems every slash fangirl has it in her that she secretly wants to be raped. But that's alright: we have plenty of lonely people waiting!

So, tell me Miss: why ARE these characters gay, and why is there so much rape? Not only are you raping these characters, you're raping my mind with this God-awful writing. Since this is all you write, you don't have much to offer in the way of talent and it seems that you're just used to getting praise all the time.

Is this my opinion? No. It's fact.

These characters are not gay. Stop giving them human sexual orientations. They're not born gay and they reproduce differently so they shouldn't even be wishing of sucking each other's cables. How original.

This has more faggotry than the Pride Parade does. So much rainbows that Skittles wants its PR campaign. What were you thinking? Lol, dat disclaimer does nothing, bitch. You don't own the property so you are required by law to honour that which is not yours. Since you shit on canon and make everyone an effeminate faggot, what more is there to say but that you wasted your time with 100 chapters of: OMG I LOVE YOU AND WE'LL BE TOGETHER FOREVER!

Get over yourself. Prowl and Jazz are butt buddies, we get it. Where's the rape? We all know homosexuals love to drill against other's wills, haha.
The Fox Familiar chapter 2 . 6/24/2014
It seems rape and slash are one in the same given that every single story has it. I also don't care if this is 200,000 words or whether it's been done before, in the end it will still be garbage and I will gladly tell it to your face.

Already Jazz and Prowl are acting like twats. This is a warzone, not a hook-up joint. Both of them aren't gay and never will be, plus their relationship really dries up those love juices. I don't know how this got to be 100 chapters, but it won't matter. I'll probably skim through most of these because the whole story already stinks of female centrism.
A random femme chapter 103 . 5/12/2014
Oh. My. Sweet. Primus.

I hate you. But I love you so much.
SusantheRedhead chapter 11 . 2/8/2014
Love it so far... but hate that it ended in Prowlers death! I like happy endings (or in this case, beginnings)
Geminium chapter 103 . 1/22/2014
This is quite honestly one of the best stories I've read in the Transformers fandom. I admit, I was quite skeptical that anyone could pull off an entire life story, much less one that happened in the Transformers universe given the sheer amount of characters and ideas placed within the premise, but you've pulled it off spectacularly. I can't even begin to describe my feelings about this, so I'll try my best to touch on the biggest points.

The plot, for one, is extremely well-crafted. By setting each prominent event into a specific arc, certain aspects of Prowl can be further explained and developed. You also draw from previous arcs to push the storyline forward and work each possible outcome to a satisfying end. Your ideas for each one is also well-managed, most of them with varying lines of thought that could almost be its own story altogether.

The characters are amazingly detailed, particularly that of Prowl and Jazz. I appreciate that you do not neglect everyone else's point of view in favour of only Prowl's and that you add in different perspectives on occasion in order to get a clearer sense of the events going on. Each character has a clear sense of development and livelihood, playing a vital part in the main character's development as well as the story's progression.

Finally, I must comment on your writing style. While it is somewhat linear and simple, I also think that it paints a powerful image of the ongoing events within the story. Your clear, cut-out sentences really drive home the fact that they are in wartime, and that many horrifying acts that take place within the fic are commonplace. You do very little to skirt around the edges and provide a stark background to this fic's events, and that's something that I think very few writers here have been able to do.

Overall, an amazing fic that I won't forget (I probably won't since I just faved it anyway :P). The story was great, the characters deep and well-developed, and your writing was quite moving. Nicely done, and I hope you do more of this in the future.

Of course, with the end of SOAL, I must ask if you would do a sequel for this fic. I enquire because you seem to have left off the story at such a crucial junction that would've been great for another story down the line. For instance, you could explore Jazz's relationship with the new Prowl as the latter grows up, as well as the events on Cybertron as it shifts from wartime to peace. Other ideas would include Prowl's relationship with other mechs from his past life (if they meet), his past life coming to the fore and even the philosophical nature of the mind and soul (yes, I am somewhat of a philosophy geek). All things to consider for a sequel, though whether you choose to do one is up to you. Nevertheless, I thank you for making such an awesome story.
nique17 chapter 103 . 12/16/2013
At first. I wasn't that interested much in the story so I read the ending in advance which got me hooked on reading all the 103 chapters. :) gotta admit. It was fascinating though sad at the end making me wish there was more. :(
Great story! :)
Deja Vu chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
I feel like I've been here before.

Oh wait, I have, because this is my third reading that I've just completed.

So, in summary;

Your writing style is stripped, to say the least. It is very straightforward and simple, it jumps from key point to key point with immediacy and efficiency, and it conveys detail with the minimum possible words. It is functional. It does not detract from the story in any way, but nor does it add to it. I can remember no beautifully written passages, no stylistic flourishes, no moments where I pause and go "wow, I wish I could write like that". Look at some of the works of the masters, see how they use their language as more than just a tool to exploit in the most efficient manner possible to transfer information from one to two. It does improve as the story continues, but marginally. Beautiful prose is an end in itself, not a means to an end. To put it short, I'm not a fan. Like I said, your writing isn't detracting from the story but it's not adding either. It merely is. Granted, that's better than 99% of the drivel on this site and 50% of the drivel in dead-tree form, but better isn't good.

Your characters are shallow. Not Prowl and Jazz, of course not, those are explored in depth, but the ones haunting the periphery? Ultra Magnus is never more than "strict commander". Curveball never more than "questionably motivated anti-hero". They lack... /feeling/. There's just something about them. Oh, that's not to say they're bad. What's there is good, very good. It's just that there's not much there. We never know in the slightest how Curveball feels, or how Magnus feels, or why. Of course that's not the point of the story, I know, but I would consider including at least something. It's ultimately up to you, and in practice it may just bloat chapters with unnecessary fluff, and maybe you did attempt it and delete it, but I do feel it worth considering.

Lastly, the ending.

Silvering chapter 103 . 10/11/2013
Wow. Just... wow. This is a FANTASTIC story! No chance of snagging a downloadable e-reader copy, is there? ;)
Delition chapter 20 . 9/9/2013
So far I dont understand why this is marked as mature when you skip right over the sex scenes : its a little disheartening
theLadyCheshire chapter 103 . 9/8/2013
Oh my gosh. I just blew through the entire 103 chapter in 3 days, which is a heck an archive binge even for me-I am so impressed with the whole thing. whaT happened to Prowl started actually affecting my mood, and I became worried for him if Jazz wasn't around to protect him from something. That doesn't always happen to me even with professionally written books. Very well done.
1,552 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »