Reviews for TPM Tatooine Rewrite: Through Glass
Amari-san chapter 33 . 11/25
I really like delian and I tend not to like obiwan's love interests, especially siri tachi. This is a great story that is wonderfully heartwrenching.
dodod chapter 24 . 7/2
i legit thought that delian and marjhan were going to fight. that would be so cool.
UmbriFiica chapter 1 . 6/21
No tissue warnings? No tissue warnings! You are WRONG, my friend! Give us tissue warnings when you put Obi- through horrible, awful, hurtful things where Qui-GOn is injured and therefore stupid and not thinking straight! And people die! But then they don't! But then they almost do! And the end is so so worrisome, but then the very end! And then sighs of happiness because they're gonna be ok and Yoda isn't evil! THERE IS TOO MUCH TENSION IN MY LIFE ALREADY!
Sue Clover chapter 33 . 5/25
Well. That was... grueling. I love Obi-Wan. He's my favorite character. I started reading this story once before, but I stopped early on because I couldn't handle how mean Qui-Gon was being to him, and how stupid, because you just don't let Obi-Wan Kenobi sell himself into slavery for you, and you REALLY don't say such things to him after he has. And then I came across it again, and my strange desire for Obi-whumping and my curiosity overcame my earlier discomfort, and I continued where I had left off. And I was pushed to love Obi-Wan more for his strength and his suffering, even while I tried not to be annoyed at Anakin, because while he really is a sweet, well-meaning kid sometimes he can be so shallow... and I learned to like Delian because although she's a bit rude and forward, she loves him and appreciates Obi-Wan like I do, and she cares about him. And then there was Her, and of course I hated her, she appreciated Obi-Wan, too, but it was twisted because she was twisted. And while I don't like what killing her did to Qui-Gon, I don't feel too bad about it because honestly I was waiting for that since she was first properly introduced. I kept waiting for someone to just kill her off, already, because honestly why did anyone put up with her? Why didn't her husband kill her off years ago? He had obviously burned right through any infatuation he must once have held for her. Why didn't he just get rid of her? Ah, well, I guess she was good at manipulation. But good grief, it took a long time for her to just die. And the ending was - well, I guess Delian snuck Obi-Wan onto Qui-Gon's ship with Yoda's tacit permission because he must have known when she showed up that she was planning something, so I guess that it's okay. And, well, Palpatine being creepy like he is, doesn't bother me *too* much, because Obi-Wan is still Obi-Wan, and though he's vulnerable he's got both Delian and Qui-Gon to protect him from that slime. But wow, that was a dark, dark fic, with not many light spots to ease the soul as you slowly broke him down, and down, with no up in sight - it's like you don't even care about the comfort part of hurt/comfort! All hurt and then when comfort should be available it is ripped away and some new hurt starts because the universe is horrible. And yes, there were times when I hated Qui-Gon, but he still loves Obi-Wan so of course I can't hate him forever. But gods, you have given quite a lot of heavy angst to my soul. Thanks a lot. And yes, that is partly sarcasm, but partly not. I did enjoy it, the hot anxiety for his plight and his helplessness, even though it was so unrelieved. So thank you.
otahotian chapter 33 . 12/6/2014
Awesome! I am not sure if I should be crying or screaming or frantically searching for the almost-promised sequel right now; life seems so meaningless when faced with well-written stories.
Thank you, master author for sharing this amazing idea with us, for giving me an hour or so of adventure. You truly make the angst work, without succumbing to clich├ęs or destroying the characters in the process.
So thank you and may the Force be with you; always.
Rogue Tomato chapter 33 . 7/28/2014
Well that was amazing. :)
MarvelousWonders chapter 33 . 4/22/2014
Oh god, I started reading your fic six hours before and just wasn't able to stop since then.
It's so amazing I can't believe that I've never read it before.
And it's just so amazing!
I think I'm in love.
The end broke my heart by the way.
Thank you for this wonderful story.
Arystina chapter 33 . 4/21/2014
Do you still plan to write that sequel? I hope you do. What a way to end this story with nothing to follow if that is the case. D: Please, write a follow up to this!
Guest chapter 33 . 3/2/2014
Dang. Freaking intence. Sad horrible detailed suspenceful aggrivating sorta happy ending. Gosh dang it! That was good.
The whole council and qui gon are all a load of turds. Some heartless fools they were. I love Delian. Lost count of how many times she made me laugh too hard.
Poor precious ObiWan. How did he ever deserve all that crap.
world-classgeek chapter 33 . 2/16/2014
Oh oh! Sequel please! This was great. I love your Obi-Wan in this story.
The Three March Hares chapter 33 . 2/16/2014
You have killed my whole weekend with this fic. I love Obi-wan and I'm so very upset with how you've tortured him beyond recognition and then left us with this cliff hanger ending. I don't know if I should kiss you or strangle you. I've never been this emotionally vested in a fanfiction before. I hope there's an epilogue hiding somewhere.
boasamishipper chapter 33 . 9/30/2013
Okay. Wow.
Just...just wow. Reading your stories before bed cannot be good for my blood pressure. Because after this. Yikes. I loved it, of course (how could I not, you're the writer)
Delian was a brilliant OC, not Mary-Sue like in the slightest. An akin was adorable. Qui-Gon was an ass at times but still cool. My Obi-Wan was Obi-Wan-ic enough to satisfy my needs for the next century, and the hurt comfort, egads! Absolutely great. This deserves to be in the Writing Hall of Fame. :) congratulations. This fic has, yes, "entertained, amused, or even made me love/hate a character just a little bit more" since I began reading this fic this afternoon. Marjhan made my skin crawl, I hated her so much I almost cheered when Qui-Gon struck her down. Kabam! *swishes light-saber*
Sequel! *perks up* There's a sequel! Ooh! Awesome! Yay! I'm gonna go read it. Knowing you, I know it'll be wonderful. :)
Awesome job on this once more,
-Boa :)
jedilittlebee chapter 12 . 9/28/2013
Wow! Just plain Wow! You have great insights into human feelings and your descriptions are delightful! How his eyes looked as he began loosing his emotional control! Just the right hint of humor too at times, used like a hint of spice. mental whiplash...I loved it. I just am loving it all : D
jedilittlebee chapter 11 . 9/28/2013
This is a great story! All the conflicting emotions are so realistic and skillfully described. I remember reading part of this story years (10 ?) ago, but it never was finished and I gave up on it. A lot of things -not so good- have happened in my life since then; and I just recently came back to this site to see if anyone still writes decent Star Wars fics. I need some good "escapism reading". I just stumbled on it again and saw "completed"! I can't wait to finish it. Hope you still write Star Wars stories. I just added you to my Favorite Authors.
Pokemon Trainer Josiah chapter 24 . 9/20/2013
this actually does qualify as t if it is catergorized as anghst