Reviews for Mary Sue
Bruce Banana Loboto chapter 2 . 2/12/2010
I agree with this fic (rant?) entirely.
Peopleareidiots chapter 2 . 2/7/2010
Dude, this chapter was totally unnecessary. The first part was brilliant and it was your own opinion about what's happening with the series. I see nothing wrong with it and I agree with it 100 percent times infinity.

(This is for the viewers mostly.)

And religion and marysue's in a fic? Wrong. Totally wrong. They shouldn't even be in there. Religion, definitly, because hello there are other religions out there than Christianity, people. Not everyone believes in the same thing. So cut it out completely! And Mary sue's? Not getting into that at all!

So no worries needed, delete the second chapter and keep the original up because everyone needs to see this to understand they're screwing around with a series that was made for little kids and throwing it out of proportion.
Cold-Vengeance chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
*gives cake to anyone who realized that this was not a serious fic* Yay I got cake! *ahem* Anyways I agree with you 100% man I like oc charaters but I hate the ones that are mary sues and gary sues. I've read so many fics where people completly butchered BLoSC I mean is it so hard to keep the characters IC and your mary sue/gary sue chararters out. Religion in my opinion should be not included in a fanfic or at least kept to a minimum especially when doing a fanfic on a childrens cartoon series! Some people need to realize that not everyone shares the same religious veiws as they do. The second chapter was not necessary the people who got upset over this are just morons.
Remnant42 chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Hey there!

Just wanted to let you know that I agree with the previous two reviewers right below this one! What you said was entirely valid-all the way. I'm sad to see that people didn't handle the humour in a pleasant way, but what can you do; after all, not everyone can grasp or even fathom British humour, or satire in general. Languages and culture barriers for you, you know. It wasn't your fault if people took it too far-for you did mention at the end that none of this was serious, and that it was really meant for a good laugh. If they read it all, they would have understood this, no? Sure, what was written could (and did) hurt to some, but that was their choice to take that path.

Anyway, stay strong with your head held up high and don't give in! Even though people constantly put you down for this, know that you've got a few friends who will never leave your side-never; even if this does drag me down with you to BLoSC hell. XD

Forever your evil, conniving, purple buddy:

EEZ
shadowwolf75 chapter 2 . 1/29/2010
Why the hell are you apologizing? If you have an opinion, own up to it. As for this fandom realizing it was a satire? Uh, yeah, how about no? A lot of the 'offensive' observations in the first chapter are correct ones, unfortunately . . . they were taken way over the top, but still true at their very core.

*points down to all the pointless flames below this review* This, boys and girls (though I'm guessing it's mostly girls being annoying), is why I REFUSE to register on the fandom's main forum or otherwise participate other than sporking the fail from a distance.
lallyzippo chapter 2 . 1/27/2010
Dude, this chapter was not necessary. If people have a problem, it's THEIR problem. Catch mah drift? You're totally entitled to post whatever ya want, so long as it's within boundaries of the rules. I wrote a character-hate fic, and yeah, i got flamed. Especially by one user who flamed a few of my fics, and posted something on her profile encouraging other users to flame me with PM's. What did I do? Being the mature person that I am, I told her to go fuck herself, and then i blocked her. Surprise surprise, the problem was solved. Don't bother with flames.
Gurz chapter 2 . 1/27/2010
READ THIS AS I FAILED TO POST IT TO THE END OF THE FIC BUT IT STILL APPLIES

I made it seem like it was only poking fun at ranters, but the critique in the beginning still applies in some aspects:

I do agree wholeheartedly with the criticism of overt Mary Sues, how Zurg's personality (not even the race whatever that may be) is rendered unrecognizable in the majority of Zurg-centered fics, and the fact that not many bother to stay IC, but by saying the legitimate pairings, I was not telling you to refrain from other ones. Beer, Wine, and even Marred can be done and done well and even whilst keeping the character in tune. It would just be refreshing to see a little cannon here and there. Is that so terrible to state?

And honestly, if anyone's fic was as bad as the "Mary Sue," maybe they should get a wake up call, but as the case stands I haven't seen one that reached that level of OCness. Sure, some have strayed close, but not as far as this has. This was a GENERAL review people, and if you saw it as the hyper death ray aimed towards yourself, then you were either mistaken or Buzz Lightyear ((haha, small joke))

But even if the entire critique was 100% meant, so what? One bad review, one critical acclaim-if you can't take the literary heat, stay out of the publishing room, online or otherwise, for if you want sugary words, save the novels for people close to you who are used to sugar-coating things (as when you know the person, it gets harder to be blunt).

But no matter what, everyone on this site has been a fan, and I never said by writing way off the mark, people were "fake" fans. How can a fan be fake unless they actually despise the fandom they partake in?

If anyone still has issues with me, like a certain Lyoness's friend (Empress) please have her speak to me of the issues instead of relying on a middle man.
lallyzippo chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Love this story. .

Brilliant 3
XRn42 chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
*gives cake to anyone who realized that this was not a serious fic*

Did anyone see this? I thought the fic was kinda harsh, but funny too. And I think this was worst fic he could write for people to I dunno, have fun and joke? I don't see where he said no one were real fans, just maybe ones who could write better and don't see them beign all high and mighty and praising their own fan stuff, but it could be a ton less mean and a lot more friendly, like no "rants" at the end.

But what's a better way to handle it? Sure, here's a big mouth, but ain't that ok? Maybe nicer words or private convos could ave done the trick

But to the authot: don't go hating against other pairings. I like Wine and Beer, and Ozma makes yur rant look sweet. :(
MsLyoness chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
I wasn't even going to bother reading/reviewing this, but I found out that you really hurt a friend of mine's feelings, and I felt I needed to take a stand.

First off, why bother writing this at all? If you don't like the way things are going in a fandom, you don't go around making fun of people who put a lot of time and effort into their writing; you write something YOU like, and you don't read things you know you won't.

I mean, I personally don't like XR, for example, but I can accept that a lot of people do, and you certainly won't see me writing a fic just to make fun of them and their OC's. That's just rude.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and I do agree with you on a few points and share some of your frustration, but really, there's gotta be a better way to handle it than ranting like this. I guess the kind of behavior you're displaying reminds me of a few years back, when the then-hotshot fanartists/writers would call anyone who disagreed with their opinions "not real fans". Who decides who's a real fan or not? If someone enjoys it, let them be, is all I'm saying.
No One Cares to Anon Below chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
When people reference Chuck Norris, most don't care if he's a Christian-they care that he's motherf**kin' Chuck Norris.

Also, I agree with this fic/rant/humorous satire on the fandom.

Peace.
An Anonymous Nerd chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Kinda funny you name Chuck Norris... who is a devout Christian and goes heavily into that when telling his life story.

christianmusic.
nonA ma I chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I gotta say, you spoke truths good sir/madame.

This fandom is decaying and spiraling away from canon, even remote canon, into pure fanon derived of any decent, true backing. It is also suffering from a good lack of other point of views from characters such as Booster and the like (as most of this stuff here centralizes solely upon two robots and romance).

There is nothing wrong with romance but there is just too much, leading to believe that shipping is srs bsns through and through.

It is simply, in all forms of the word, "dying" and the few people that try to keep it afloat are extraordinarily outmatched and encumbered by the weight of this fandom.
FanWriter chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
I actually know where you're coming from. This whole series seems to becoming more and more fanbased than what is actual canon. But people write what's widely popular, whether it be it romance, sci-fi, or whatever they do what's a big hit with books at the moment. They some times say 'screw it' to canon and take the whole story line in their own direction. I saw it happen to Kingdom Hearts and I saw it happen to Danny Phantom. And I'm also seeing it being done to BLoSC. However, I myself like to write romance series with pairings that kinda weeve into the storyline, not actually destroying it, but kinda like progressing into the future of what the show's timeline was. I might not be following canon to the extreme but I try to keep it so it fits. I don't know about everyone else and their takes on it.

And the Mary-sue's and religion? You're right about all of that. Mary sue's are just a bad idea in general. Religion, I really don't think it should be put into fanfiction, espeically about a show that appeared on Disney afternoon block that hardly spoke religious things at all. Besides Christmas the show has nothing to do with religion whatsoever. I respect your opinion and I'm with you all the way on this. But remember this is fanfiction, it' like Anime, about anything of anything can happen or take place. It's out of our control and he only thing we can do it step back and enjoy it or ignore more of it. If you're unhappy, create something that will spotlight the series in what is really is.

((Also, not to be rude to anyone out there religious and all, but a lot of people get mad when someone tells off their beliefs. Even if they themselves were in the wrong.))
HideousBlob chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
You have every right to your opinion, and I don't hold your opinions against you in any way.

However, I think the way you're expressing these opinions is quite immature and is going to hurt a lot of people's feelings very badly. Bad form, sir. I know you're unlikely to care, but my personal respect for you is now equal to zero. Frankly, I'm disgusted.