Reviews for Interlude
LinZE chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
Thank you for this little adjunct to the Trainspotting series (a long time favourite). You manage to paint the situation that they are placed perfectly in such a short piece and it's a heart rendering thought.

I hope you continue to have the oppertunity to write and desire to share your work,

Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
Beautifully written and good title (by the way, I forgot to ask you why Trainspotting was called that, but here no question). Bitter-sweet, a good picture of life during war or during any difficult period. One can create small windows of time in which to be happy. And hope is very present.

(I wonder what happened to Gemma and to Phil.)
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
This lyrical interlude of love during wartime-during the darkest sort of wartime, in fact-lives on the page, and vibrantly, in all of the things pushed to the margins, the real horrors that live outside the walls of the safe-house, in boxes marked 'the past,' 'the lost,' 'the irretrievable.' It's the putting of memory into such boxes that saves our sanity at the worst of times.

Brilliant decision to keep the setting the same throughout: the bedroom which is the present tense, and to put all the other rooms _outside_.

The scene with Kingsley trying to help (by hand) and being reprimanded... a brief flash of the natural opposition of _magic_ with _human instinct_.

I should add that I love your very 19th-century, subjunctive-mood opening with the hypothetical observer used for scene-setting. Marvelous.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Wonderful! Happy, sad and sexy - this story has it all, from beginning to end. I'm getting right back into Christmas mood, and I heaved a big, fat doggie sigh at "Rolanda Hooch, former Holyhead Harpy, former Hogwarts Quidditch mistress, and current well-satisfied lover." They're adorable, the two of them. And sexy, did I mention that?

It's lovely to see them find happiness for themselves in dark and difficult times.

And I loved

- Ro’s idea of fun little notes and Severus’s interest, the git.

- "the beautifully-mingled colours distinct but inseparable."

- "you know how Kingsley gets at Christmas, and Augusta can usually match him glass for glass" - ha! Trust her!
the real snape chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Did I mention how much I loved these:

/You're the one who insisted that we take to our bed in the middle of the day./

/Minerva McGonagall would never have considered abandoning herself to hot sex in the middle of the day/

and the beautiful parallel between them? Minerva's 'take to our bed' and Ro's 'abandon to hot sex', so utterly IC for both of them.

It's just what they are to each other. Ro's dragon heartstring, and Min's wings.
Dame Arcane chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Tee hee hee Guess who's gonna go for the whole story right now? excellente!
Headmistress X chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Quite up to your usual standards, dear. It is a better epilogue than JKR came up with. Yours has Minerva nudity, household hints, and fluffy bits of deviant old-lady sex. This is a story I will be revisiting often.

As to Ron Weasley's mood swings-how is this different from his usual behavior? After reading the seventh book, my youngest child observed, "What with all their important magic and growing back skeletons and stuff, you'd think somebody would notice that Ron is seriously hypoglycemic."
dhawthorne chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
An excellent edition to a brilliant story-verse!