Reviews for How to Fight Loneliness
dustytiger chapter 9 . 1/11/2010
wowza! i was NOT expecting THAT... i felt like i was slapped in the face when i read that part... this fic is getting mighty interesting...
Lynn-at-home chapter 9 . 1/11/2010
I so did not see that coming. When Elle first showed up in chapter one, I thought she would be helping them with a case or something. I'm still in a bit of a shock. I always liked Elle (not as much as Emily, though), and I hate to see something happening to her. I hope they find out who did this to her.

I'm really glad that you update once a day, and even that isn't enough. You've really got me hooked, and that doesn't happen very often. Kudos for you!
cuecardemporium chapter 9 . 1/11/2010
Wow, I did NOT see that one coming. Huh, this is turning out to be a lot more comlicated tan was originally presented. I'm kind of liking it! You mentioned in your first chapter that the last half would become more case-fic like so I suppose this is where it makes the transition, right? Although, how are you going to relate this back to the Reid/Emily thing you've got going on here? Hmm, I am intrigued! Great chapter, can't wait to read more! Update soon :)
RodentOfUnusualSize chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I have to say, I did not see that coming, but I love how you wrote all the reactions to Elle's murder. Your chapters are always quite long, but I get to the end of each one wishing I had more. Can't wait for the next one!
susannah2000 chapter 8 . 1/10/2010
I love this story, love it love it love it! It's one of my most favoritest ones! Could anyone tell me what happens with the adding of a story to alert or favorites?
dustytiger chapter 8 . 1/10/2010
poor pretniss *sniffle* i'm glad that she has reid with her through all of this she needs him. thanks for the spoiler i can't wait to see where you go with this 3
cuecardemporium chapter 8 . 1/10/2010
Much too awesome for words. I never really liked the whole Prentiss/Reid in a relationship thing, but I have to say I quite like this story. I think of all the stories I've read involving these two, yours has got to be the most realistic. Not once have either of them acted out of charecter and you have remained true to the inter team pairing guidlines without beoming cheesy, unrealistic or just damn cliche'. Honestly I'm loving this and I can't wait to read more! :)
cuecardemporium chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
Aw... I can't believe I skipped over this the first time I read it! This is such a good story, can't wait to move on to chapter 4!
dustytiger chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
aweseome stuff that flashback was so sweet, i love that morgan admitted that reid was like a brother to him. this whole thing was amazing i loved it so very much
susannah2000 chapter 7 . 1/9/2010
Another wonderful chapter. I so love this story. I don't comment on every chapter because I don't just want to keep saying the same things over and over, but just know that I am a BIG fan. I just love how accurately you write the characters.

I can see both sides of this but I can understand where Reid is coming from even more. We know that he knows he has major insecurities, and I can also see where a part of him, not the part that knows Emily deeply, but another, broken part that would have doubts that Emily too would be just as scared, since she seems to be such the confident, beautiful woman, who couldn't be really serious about a man like him. Both of their brokenness and unmet basic needs for love and security just breaks my heart.

I guess Morgan just can't help being an ass. It must be genetic, and this includes that "whipped' comment last chapter when Reid brought his wife back some lunch. I have such a problem with the way Morgan treats Emily and JJ and Reid on the show, (and I won't even go into how he treats Garcia,) with all his BS "protectiveness' because what that means is that he does not see them as competent, professional adults who can take care of themselves. The, "It's my responsibility to take care of Reid" immediately places Reid in a subservient, less than capable, disrespected role, and that is far from loving and caring for him. Even his talk with Emily is assuming that a confident, beautiful woman like herself would be just playing with Reid, that he couldn't really get a girl like Emily. I also think that it wasn't Morgan's place to confront Em, though I know he thought it was. I loved that Emily made it clear that Reid is indeed a capable adult who doesn't need his "protection." I wish JJ had come to talk to Emily instead.

I apologize for this long post. I do think the dynamics of the team are complex and very interesting to think about and discuss, but I'm sorry if I went on too long.
KWCraze chapter 5 . 1/9/2010
I love this story. You are converting me to a Prentiss/Reid shipper very unwillingly :) His line about losing a fight with an Avon lady cracked me up and felt very 'Reid'. Also I think you nailed the pace and intricacies of his speech when he asks about talking dirty/sounding like a professor. I just saw this dialogue fitting the characters perfectly. Additionally the description of them making love silently in the predawn hours was beautiful and felt like something very natural for them. Something to hide their insecurities behind. I wasn't fully accepting of the pairing, even though I loved your writing, until this chapter. Now I cant wait to see where this goes.
dustytiger chapter 6 . 1/9/2010
another great chapter! i loved the bit about the fondue classic and the names thin so cute, great stuff, can't wait to see what is up with elle
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa chapter 6 . 1/8/2010
I am loving this story. You're a really talented author. I love how you have managed to keep the characters very true to their on-screen personalities but have not slipped into cliche and exaggeration.

Please update soon, I can't wait to read more!

(signed)

The Flamingo
lily nevin chapter 5 . 1/8/2010
Really enjoying this story so far. I'm looking forward to seeing how their relationship progresses. Can't wait for the next chapter!
susannah2000 chapter 5 . 1/7/2010
I am such a fan of this story. It is so articulately written and well planned out, and spot on of the characters. The house that Reid bought is perfect for them, it'd be perfect for me, and I hope we get to hear more about its renovation. I really love how both Reid and Emily are getting the love and support from each other that they never had growing up.I hope that Reid was eventually, in not too long, able to really believe that Emily does indeed love and want him, in every way. More, soon, please?
316 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »