Reviews for How to Fight Loneliness
Witchy-grrl chapter 40 . 8/23/2011
Ok, so I just gorged on this fic for the past 2 days, and I gotta say how much I LOVE AND ADORE YOU FOREVER for writing one of the most gorgeous stories I've ever read about two people falling in love. To showcase it in the middle of a case!story was genius, and I'm SO BEYOND STOKED that it was Reid/Prentiss. I know Prentiss/Hotch seems to be the biggest het ship in the fandom, but I gotta confess that I'm a sucker for her with Reid when done right.

And YOU REALLY DID IT RIGHT. ::happy sigh:: Definitely going in my favs!
Chickabilly chapter 40 . 7/30/2011
You just made Jeff Davis your bitch.
CapitolPrincess chapter 40 . 7/20/2011
The whole story was just...beautiful. And I loved it. :)
vitaestspesest chapter 40 . 6/28/2011
I love this story! I really liked how the flashbacks were interspersed throughout the story, instead of it being chronological. I recently realized my love of Reid/Prentiss, and this story just made me like them even more! :)
Megan chapter 40 . 6/26/2011
this story was just amazingly awesome, i've been up for hours reading it, you are a fantastic writer!
Mestizaa chapter 40 . 6/15/2011
wow... finally finished reading this. I find that after such a long story, authors usually rush the end. Not the case here. I felt very satisfied... I also see that you've written companion pieces to go along with it. So guess what I'll be doing next?

So many things to say about this. I don't even know where to start. I was a bit hesitant to read it because I don't usually like flashbacks. (Especially since most people tend to stick them in italics, and that drives me nuts.) Loved how you weaved the present case with Prentiss and Reid's courtship. I'm not much of a CM shipper, but they're my two favourite characters, and you stayed very true to them, thus making it believable.

Also loved how you brought in Elle, Gideon, Jordan, Prentiss senior... It was a nice touch.

Garcia was a joy. One of my fave moments was when you had JJ and Garcia planning a surprise party when they should have been focusing on the case.

Ohh... love how you write the character's stream of consciousness. I think I mentioned before how I loved their internal dialogue, but I want to mention how I really liked the short phrases and lack of capital letters. It just made their thoughts seem that much more scattered and that much more intense.

Also LOVED all the nerdy references. And the Lola thing... BRILLIANT. I was wondering where it came from, and I actually laughed out loud when I read about the song. My highschool performed Damn Yankees years ago, and it was my favourite song. I was actually surprised that I didn't pick up on it before.
Mestizaa chapter 26 . 6/14/2011
Started reading this last night... Slowly making my way through it. I was going to wait until the end to review... But holy crap this is intense. I'm so glad I'm reading this when it's already done. Infant imagine having to wait for updates. Also, I really enjoy the way you wrote prentiss' and reid'eninternal dialogue in this chapter. How the other one gave them strength. I hope that made sense. I'm typing this on my iPod and I'm failing miserably lol. I'm going to go back to reading now...
Jen chapter 40 . 6/10/2011
This was just great! I pretty much spent my whole day reading it. Not only was it touching and hilarious, it was totally in-character! Also, it had one of the more well-developed UnSub storylines that I have ever read in a fanfic. Great job.
Odainath chapter 40 . 4/25/2011
Fantastic fic! Loved every word.
JPElles chapter 40 . 4/22/2011
Took me a while. Just finished. Overall I like the story a lot.

Since it seems to be a big deal from what I can tell let me mention the pregnancy thing. From what I can tell from what's written it seems inevitable. Not sure if you intended that or not though.

Plus it doesn't hurt that everyone and there brother in this story in on the pro baby bandwagon. The most important ones being his wife, his mother, and his mother in law. That alone spells out whats going to happen eventually.

That being said they are FBI agents. And unlike JJ they don't have someone like Will who will be able to be there with the baby all the time. So I understand why you put off the issue. Most important thing I think is for a story to flow and feel natural. When people write to fans to much a story tends to feel forced and awkward.

Anyway, love Spencer and Emily. Great couple. Can't help but feel it would be funny if Emily just suddenly got pregnant. There's always a chance with every precaution after all that it can happen anyway. Or better yet, Austin, Lila, or the good doctor ( the one who saw him naked in the anthrax episode), reappeared with his child. That's just my twisted mind though. lol.

I look forward to getting started on the next story in this arc. Keep it up.
goldeneyes123 chapter 12 . 4/19/2011
just wanted to tell you that this is one of the best reidxprentiss fic's ive read
Guest chapter 40 . 4/8/2011
is a very good storyy..do you have any other instead of thiss. i really like this pairing
Switbo chapter 40 . 3/28/2011
Loved it! Thanks for writing. Now I'm going to start on the sequel...

p.s. Thanks for the tip on "Shadow Unit". I'll definitely check it out.
Switbo chapter 35 . 3/28/2011
I love the reunion and that she freed herself. I do have one little nitpicky thing. When Reid puts her rings back on: the wedding ring goes on first, then the engagement ring.

I once heard someone say that the easy way to remember which goes first was the the wedding ring goes closest to the heart and the engagement ring goes closest to the wallet. I know this story is finished and you may not want to bother changing it, but I just wanted to mention it.
Switbo chapter 30 . 3/28/2011
Okay - you had me all choked up with tears streaming down my face and my hand over my mouth when they were keeping Reid from watching Harmon getting ready to rape Emily. Very well written.

And I'm so glad he didn't actually do it.
302 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »