Reviews for Yizkor
asesina chapter 3 . 2/26/2010
This story deserves more attention.

It was subtle, touching, realistic, and in-character.
PattyB chapter 3 . 2/14/2010
Celadon, since I keep an eye peeled for your stories, I have no idea how

I missed this very intimate look at the brothers.

I'm so happy I found it. It's excellent and strangely enough, I've longed

for this since first being introduced to the character Charles Edward Eppes.

I've always wanted him to be a little more open to the possibility of an afterlife. Some of his and Larry's conversations have drifted into that

realm and have always stopped short of any resolution to suit me.

I know I'll be thinking about the details for quite a while, how nicely

you interwove their conversation about Margaret, Mariana, the stones and then

the prayers . . all bound together with the sweet thought about the Sanchez

girls' future costumes.

Your work definitely appeals to me, girl. You're good!
Jet44 chapter 3 . 2/4/2010
Wow - very excellent and very powerful, moving story. I could actually see this happening on Numb3rs, which is a huge bonus. Great job!
Iawen Londea chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
What a beautiful story. The dialogue in this chapter is simply amazing. Touching and emotional where it needs to be, the humor comes very naturally, and I could picture this conversation happening on the show, could see these characters in this conversation. Really brilliant.
Zaza chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
Oh that was pretty. I've always wondered about the custom of placing stones, and this was such, such a neat way of finally finding out.

This was such a realistic, 'real-life' showing of someone practicing old religion and old traditions in the current world. And how it works. And how someone would use this beautiful, somewhat un-religious (in that it's not specifically prescribed in the religion's guidebook) but full of faith and love tradition to show such a deep feeling. Faith and love of the gone and love of God and remembrance. Just beautiful.

Anyway - a lovely, interesting, deep-in-the-Numb3rs-way story.
Rinne chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
"All mathematicians and scientists accept the possibility of the unknown - they just don't accept that it's unknowable."

Very true.

Well ended. So, McGowan let Charlie listen to the tape quite a while after, seeing as Don has been stabbed before this. I'd got the impression that the previous part was back around the start of season 5, so I was a little confused at the start of this.

But, I loved it. Your characterisation and detail is always so fantastic.
cecne chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
Wonderful story. I loved the ending!
newgal chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
That was truly beautiful
vbatzka chapter 3 . 1/31/2010
Love the end (as if there is ever an end to this subject) of your ponderings. You make me wish the creators has written and filmed some truly sensitive brotherly chats. I loved the joke about if Don gave the prayer in Hebrew, Charlie might glimpse how it feels to be talked to in a foreign language (his math language). Wonderful job.
newgal chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
Excellent ch.
Skewbald chapter 2 . 1/12/2010
LOVE it! Love Liz's part, she's my faveorite character ;) Update when you can! D
piano13 chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
I always love your stories :D
CD57 chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
you know, the numb3rs fandom is gifted with some pretty damn good writers, which is wonderful, but you are definitely one of the best imho.

this is a wonderful piece, luckily not finished yet. You manage to write a perfect Charlie POV with Don angst mixed in in a way that it is so believable, you make the reader see and feel what Charlie feels here.

Picturing Don sitting there at the cemetery playing with a stone, with the reference to the baseball was excellent. And the different way the brothers feel about this place was so well described and so true.

Loved the little comment Don made about Charlie not being able to shut up, so he'd better spill. It made me grin.

And him taking Don's stone away was excellent, too. Nice visual in a already perfect dialogue.

thanks for writing,

Corine
Iawen Londea chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
I'm so happy you updated!

I really loved how you qualified Don saying he couldn't do his job without Charlie. It made perfect sense and I could see Don looking at things that way. You write these characters SO well, and I absolutely love all the brotherliness going on! You write their relationship really well too-there's love and even affection there but you don't go overboard with it, you keep them in character, and you write them how men would interact with each other, which I feel a lot of fanfiction writers miss. Great job!

I love, LOVE this story! Great chapter.

(I hope I didn't use "love" too much but there isn't really a good synonym that works as well, LOL)
Rinne chapter 2 . 1/10/2010