Reviews for A New Kingdom
Rake1810 chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Really like the one-shot but it feels incomplete to me a little more about Kal and Diana at the end?
Twylyte chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
This has left me feeling very emotional, and is an exceptional piece of writing.
The only fault I can find with this is that teleportation exists in the DC universe, from Boomtubes to space-time jump devices.
-Twy
1Superman4Me chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Christopher...after Reeve?
Star Dust of Ancient Novae chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Absolutely amazing. You know its almost like Kal and Diana made their own pantheon of gods, only in a superhero sort of way. Just image a universe of life lead by a pantheon of light sided Supermen and descendants. I think I'm going to cry.
MilkSapphire chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
That...was...so...SAD! But I loved this piece! The end was very good. I could see everything in my head as if it were a movie. Each child is very different and you can tell it so. Ipthime needs to be shot in the head, she annoys me and always has.

scale of 1 to 10? 100!

Lovely job :)
cajun strong man 2 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
It would be nice if one of their kids came back and had some childeren in tow.
AdonCa chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
I have to agree with the reviewer who said that the kids handled breaking the news to Clark and Diana VERY badly. They have had YEARS to prepare, get their affairs in order, and they kept it all secret from their parents. Did they honestly think that their mom and dad would interfere with them if they asked them not to? That shows very little faith in them. Frankly it's a slap in the face as far as I'm concerned that they didn't respect their parents enough to let them know. So dropping it on them on frigging CHRISTMAS that "Hey, ALL your kids are leaving in a few days, never to return, we'd send a postcard but you know, postage is a killer". They've had a long time to adjust and ready themselves and they didn't give Clark or Diana the same courtesy.

So yeah... I think it was a cruel, if unintentional move on their part. I find it hard to believe that ALL of them were willing to go along with it, and were going to do it even if mom and dad asked them not to, or at least to give them time. That's cold, dude.
Guy With 1000 Names chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
"Earth is your home," Clark said. "How can you leave it?"

"Because we love it," Lyta said

LOL, feels like Twilight right there.
MDR chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
Interesting story, and you covered most of my concerns in the story itself. You were careful to address the fact that the children *had* to leave. I was a little iffy on some of the reasoning, but not enough to beak the 'suspension of disbelief' that is so important when reading fan fiction.

However, there was something that bothered me, an explanation that didn't sit well.

The kids knew for years that they would be leaving. As the time came closer, their moments with their parents and siblings became more precious and valuable. But they did not give their own parents the same comfort and opportunity. in the story you said "Kairos listened and absorbed this precious moment with his family, remembering every word said, every joke made." Well, good for him. His parents didn't have a chance to do the same. It was just "Oh, by the way, this is the last Christmas we will be together. All of your children are leaving you in a matter of days. Sorry about that whole 'empty house' thing." There really is no reason that I can figure as to why they didn't tell their parents their plans from the beginning. I do not buy the excuse that they did it to show their parents and the world that they could do it on their own. Clark and Diana would have not have interfered in their kids trying to grow and expand. And considering what the kids *have* been doing, do they really need to prove anything to the world? Life, death, marriages, politics, duties...they have done them all and they really shouldn't need to prove anything by this time.

Just thoughts. I was happy to see that you addressed several similar points throughout the story. But this one, the one dealing with timing and screwing their parents out of their rightful memories, was not.
unoaranya30 chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I think I left comments for this story on the group, I'm going to try

leave them here as well for this story and your other stories that I

read back before I was a member.

This was really well done. It was bittersweet. They have raised their

kids right. They want to spend their lives doing for others. Just like their

parents do.

I won't be a daddy until next month but I can already feel the pain

of letting go and being proud of my child.

Great job Arcadia
ImFanci chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it! That was very well done.
HELLACRE13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I love this fic. It's warm and touching and so bitter sweet. I loved reading about the children and how they developed and Clark and Diana's loving relationship.

Their children would go and try to better the universe. That is a certainty.

I felt Clark and Diana's pride and pain.
anon chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Vandal Savage is one of my favorite villains

I will always prefer villains who at least have a point and frighteningly may even be right about everyone being better off under their benevolent dictatorship (of course make education great so the common man does know what is best for him and his children's children and democratic republicanism can work) like Ra's al Ghul if the environment isn't brought into balance no matter the means or cost the future for the human race will be worse than any dystopian fiction and will lead to the extinction of the human race not through misadventure but suicide through stupidity or Lex Luthor who as he says if he was calling all the shots could end famine and cure cancer and he could his mind is capable of anything perhaps give everyone ultra high-tech non polluting technology and maybe even superpowers lead humanity and the rest of the universe to unimaginable glory remember Red Son he united all humanity and led us to a golden age that lasted millions of years

A lot of villains seem unaware that if they used their mind and/or other talents for legitimate business causes or the government could be far more profitable than any crime spree

Of course vigilantes can be sanctimonious hypocrites judging others and letting themselves go unscrutinized condemning others when they do the same thing for less reasons I think it is disgusting they don't share their scientific breakthroughs with the scientific specifically medical community or their skills with law enforcement agencies far more good than beating up thugs and psychos fight crime at its source ignorance and poverty. I realize due to rarity and complexity mass production may not always be possible or at least cost effective and due to difficulty not all could take brutal training but a little bit could go a very, very long way. The ability to think of future generation when calculating pragmatic utilitarianism is what separates us from the animals. The world is not the way it is because of thugs and psychopaths but because most people are too stupid to know what is best for them the extreme left and extreme right get caught up in their ideals and refuse to acknowledge brutal facts of reality no real world understanding of the extreme complexities of politics, economics, technological logistics, and how they’re all interconnected in the long run. People want everything right here right now the whole world just handed to them on a silver platter think just by complaining something will happen without a tangible plan. Such a plan will require a lot of long, hard, boring work all day every day for generations.

I'm glad the government has Suicide Squad, Cadmus, Checkmate, the Elite, Amanda Waller, and the new female Spy Smasher, I'd include the Secret Six but I think from now on even if they're not going to be full fledged villains they stood up to the worse villains and are pure mercenaries I think

Have you heard of The Boys
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Wow. This was a powerful piece here, really got caught up in it, and enjoyed how you had things go, with an opening for what I hope might be a follow up set years down the road, so that we may see what happens with Kal and Diana after all that time with each other.
ben10987654321 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
That is a great follow up story arcadia. It is also bittersweet in its ending as they have to cope with their kids leaving and speaking of kids...9?

Wow Clark and Diana have sure been busy and i laughed out loud at the line where Diana says that all Clark has to do is look at her and she gets pregnant.

It was a well thought out story and the kids were well thought out too and how they described why they had to leave in that the world didn't really need them anymore made perfect sense.

Wonderful story Arcadia. I hope you write more soon.