Reviews for Promise of a New Year
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
after your breif journey to th edark side I have to say aah.

What a sweet little ficlet. love it!

Shar
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Poor babies, but how wonderful that Dean comforted Sammy. But not just that, Sammy comforted Dean too. I can just picture that. Great job. Hugs, Vonnie
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Aw, you just want to knock John up alongside his head and then just hug Dean and Sammy to pieces. At least Dean knew what he had to do to take care of little Sammy!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Aww. *sniffle* That was so lovely. And true to canon (in the John's journal sense) too.

Loved this line: "Sammy leaked everywhere when he cried." I guess some things don't change!

Please don't ever feel you need to apologise for brotherly schmoop. *sniffle*
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
OMG, this was so...err...so wonderful. Absolutely tender and loving. Brought tears to my eyes. Filled my heart equally with sorrow and joy.
Ash8 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Oh lordy woman! What are you trying to do to me here?... *ties to swallow lump in throat*

I whimpered (just a bit) on "but there was less love to fill it so somehow that seemed okay to Dean."... wibble.

But I did chuckle on " Sammy leaked everywhere when he cried." Hee! I can just see it too.

This was delightful. That picture must have been so cute...If you post this on LJ (you have LJ yeah?) you could post the pic with it... *nods*

Thanks for sharing hun.

xx
aXforamnesty chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
awh! i love it! TOO adorable!
J.A. Carlton chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Aw that was wonderful! and chock full of the sniff niffly goodness! Great job TraSan!

What a wonderfulway to start my day1 Thanks :D

sifi
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
That was so cute and adorable and could imagine it playing out in my head as I read it. With John having had one too many it was up to little Dean to comfort his distressed brother, and it certainly worked, Sammy's tears stopping as soon as Dean climbed into his cot and cuddled him.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
aw...
skag trendy chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aw, this is just adorable, hon. I can picture it so easily.

Hope you had a good Christmas, and a happy new year to you.

Kind regards,

ST x
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Excellent!

I enjoyed reading your story and the ending was so sweet.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Phx chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aw, such a sweet set of Sam and Dean. Perfect. And they match that picture, dead on.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
You've stolen my heart...

Simply gorgeous..lump in my throat...gorgeous!

Karen

PS: Keep writing stories like that - you can keep my heart! Damn! Favored - check!
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Aw, that was just awesomely aw...

I absolutely loved this bit: "Sammy rarely cried, but when he did, he meant business. It was loud, and insistent, frequently involving tears, snot, and drool. Sammy leaked everywhere when he cried." That SO fits with the Sam in Heart. :)

My heart broke a little at Dean being unable to wake up John. *Sniff* But thereto lies the foundation of the incredible bond the brothers share.

A ficlet, yes, but one that says so much more than its word count suggests.

Lovely.