Reviews for Anastasia: Retold
Falling-Pixie chapter 25 . 18h
HOLY MOTHER OF SHIT.
This is such an amazingly well written story. Every line, every time they speak is utterly perfect. It takes the story we all know and makes it so real. To how starving she is to the emotion she feels. It's hard to express how enamoured I am with this story.
I'm so very sad that you haven't finished it! Not sure if it's done for good or you're just breaking. In any case, I am FLOORED with the last scene. Like, holy shit. I wasn't expecting it, yet it feels so perfectly in place.
I love how you take scenes known by heart and change them ever so slightly and retell them in your own way. Like how her nightmares are from a completely different thing, but still take place. Or even the fact that she is a starving girl who's never had a decent meal, so she throws it all up. Wonderful. It's so realistic and I'm loving it.
You really should think about finishing it! I'm glad at least I got to read the dance scene (which is what brought me here in the first place) and that god damned make out session I did NOT see coming.
PLEASE. I very much want to know how this all plays out in this perspective you've written.
I know you have a life of your own, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you come back and finish this story?! I discovered it in 2014 and ever since I am HOOKED! I just read it again for old time's sake :( you're an amazing writer and this is one of my favourite fanfics ever, please come back!
AHHHH UPDATE I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE YOUR BOOK EVEN MORE THEN DIMITRI LOVES ANYA UPDATE UPDATE IM DYINGGGGGGGGGGGG
Smou chapter 1 . 2/22
Wow, this is great - i love your writing and accuracy to the movie your story literally feels like deleted scenes from the movie. I ereally hope you continue you this I know it's been over a year but this is amazing
ChrystalRogue chapter 25 . 1/26
You are an amazing writer. I already loved Anastasia but you made me love it even more after reading this fic. You did such a beautiful job with Dimitri. The fic is as heartbreaking as it is sexy, truly engaging. I hope one day you return to finish it ️
Konstantinsen chapter 25 . 1/23
This is a great novelisation of the motion picture.

I can see the route you're taking with this fic and I like it. More along historical lines (given that Rasputin was murdered before the Revolution) and more realistic scenarios (i.e. traveling on foot after evicting from the train, surviving the Baltic woods, Anya's nightmares). I also really like how you got into both Anya and Dimitri's heads.

You turned this into a proper novelisation without the music, fantasy, and other Disney-esque elements. (Yes, I am aware it was not developed by Disney but by animators who used to work for Disney.)

Anyway, so far, you've had me on a straight page-turner. I had just seen the movie recently to refresh my memory and I can see each scene played out on the words you've put down.

I hope you see this to the end. The recent chapter has me on a cliffhanger and I want to see that conclude all the way to Paris. Take your time. This is a fic I am thoroughly enjoying.
Awww, that's adorable. :) Wonderful chapter as always!
Go Anya! :) I think Dimitri will begin to see what kind of person Anya is now...
Great chapter! :)
I'm guessing they saw a wolf? Oops...
He cares about her for sure, and I see she's starting to figure that part out. :)
Ah, they're definitely attracted to each other. Fantastic chapter! :)
Ah, Dimitri...he's going to be devastated...
Awesome chapter! :) I'm really enjoying this story so far!
And they made a truce! Lovely chapter as always! :)